SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,116
    jamesdut wrote: »
    How's it got 200 million when it's only taking about 10000 a day??

Very very slowly ...like being gnawed to death by a toothless poodle.
    So what's the final total for Spectre?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,020
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Domestic: $199,813,997 22.7%
    + Foreign: $679,659,387 77.3%
    = Worldwide: $879,473,384
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Domestic: $199,813,997 22.7%
    + Foreign: $679,659,387 77.3%
    = Worldwide: $879,473,384

That is still really really good. Nothing the franchise should be ashamed about. Not saying they are
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's all about the Benjamins, baby.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So $879 million for a final tally. Very impressive numbers, but people will still complain about how it was a failure, somehow.
    1 billion or bust is how people think nowadays I guess.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    To put Spectre's numbers into perspective:

Top 10 movies worldwide 2015:

1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,041.5
    2 Jurassic World $1,670.4
    3 Furious 7 $1,516.0
    4 Avengers: Age of Ultron $1,405.4
    5 Minions $1,159.4
    6 Spectre $879.5
    7 Inside Out $856.8
    8 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation $682.3
    9 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 $652.9
    10 The Martian $619.7

To reach a billion is still the exception. Anything over 500 million USD is a roaring success. By the way only three more movies did over 500 million USD worldwide in 2015.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Surprised that 'The Force Awakens' slowed down so much, I was sure it would manage to beat 'Titanic.'
    And it was 2D. Can't say it often enough.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mcdonbb wrote: »

So sorry to hear that. How far away are you?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Perhaps you should visit the dentist and watch your favorite Bond movie in the meantime. :P
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,092
    That article is really confusing. Did they mean NEXT Thursday? The week after? It's made 879 total, not "nearly 800," and where are they getting 5 billion from? The series in total? The last how many films have made this much, the next few will? What do they mean? WTH? Don't these people have computers?
    Murdock wrote: »

Perhaps you should visit the dentist and watch your favorite Bond movie in the meantime. :P

Odd comments from you and @Thunderfinger. I'm neither toothless or a poodle.

I'll use easier analogies next time lol.

So SP didn't break 200m. Still did quite well considering.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2016 Posts: 7,964
    Britons and Americans are the closest nations on the planet, as exemplified by how we share and enjoy each others media.

From UK with love. :-*
  • The_Reaper wrote: »
    That article is really confusing. Did they mean NEXT Thursday? The week after? It's made 879 total, not "nearly 800," and where are they getting 5 billion from? The series in total? The last how many films have made this much, the next few will? What do they mean? WTH? Don't these people have computers?

The $5 billion must have referred to the Bond series in total *before* Skyfall. Currently a little over $7 billion (and no, not adjusted for inflation).

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/

The_Reaper wrote: »

The $5 billion must have referred to the Bond series in total *before* Skyfall. Currently a little over $7 billion (and no, not adjusted for inflation).

Maybe. Still poorly written and researched. Typical of the internet these days.

*sigh*
  • The_Reaper wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Maybe. Still poorly written and researched. Typical of the internet these days.

*sigh*

Understood.
  • In the US spectre back down too 97 count. Why Sony decided to try and get 200 million after spectre released on DVD beyond me! They've not a chance in hell now, I reackon its in its last week now before the end of its run
    Britons and Americans are the closest nations on the planet, as exemplified by how we share and enjoy each others media.

From UK with love. :-*

Ya just watch who's line is it anyway UK version.This show has both US and UK comedy intermingling which is why it's one of my favorites.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,015
    Please no offense but i'm sorry that seems to me to be a very narrow and naive of my country.

Anyway as a previous poster pointed out this thread is way off topic.

Well Italia actually voted for Berlusconi, three times, but since the Italian BO for SPECTRE is far less important for the 1 Billion goal than the US BO, it seems they can get away with it :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Trump is a clown; Putin is not.

Have you seen those shirtless shots of Putin acting "manly" on his horse? or the videos of him "working out"? Or watched him scoring seven goals, or something, while playing ex-NHL hockey players?

If that's not a clown, then I'm not sure what is.
    Yes we are nearly there. The 199.825m target will surely be achieved this weekend. Hats off to the promoters for that finally push.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Those are outside the political stage and arena. He can dress up like a ballerina in his spare time but when he's working within the realm of his profession, no he's certainly not a clown and one to be taken very seriously.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Those are outside the political stage and arena. He can dress up like a ballerina in his spare time but when he's working within the realm of his profession, no he's certainly not a clown and one to be taken very seriously.

These video/pics are released as propaganda, they are not outside the political arena at all. He's a clown. Dangerous? Of course, still a clown nonetheless.
  • peterpeter Toronto
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »

spell-check: not "priding", but praising... (!)
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,116
    peter wrote: »

:O) :O)

(that's not an endorsement of either ...just a picture of two clowns)
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Of course, these two go well together, both ruthless egomaniacs. Just what the world needs to destroy itsself once and for all.

And no Mahatma Gandhi in sight. Dark times. Seriously. this is no fun anymore. If America is stupid enough to do this to us and themselves - Hallelujah!

But they are the nation, where the NRA still stands powerful and intact. So, no surprise.

I know, few here (of the Us folks) are like that, but still...how can that be?

• peterpeter Toronto
    I just hafta be clear here, that although it seems like the U.S. is going off the rails (it is an election year), I find the country and people, as a whole, some of the nicest, most genuine people I have met and worked with.

We have to remember, this is a country of three hundred and thirty million people! There will be the usual amounts of crack-pots and loonies, just as the same as your country and mine.

In a population that size, we just hear more about them.

On the flip side, I live in a country of thirty three million people. A nutcase just shot up a school a couple of weeks ago.

I live in a city of 2.79 million people, yet we have gun violence every day of the year, doubly so on the weekends. And we have so-called "gun control".

I'm only mentioning this since waving a finger at an entire country shows a passive xenophophia that we should all be aware of.

And for a country with three hundred and thirty million people, I'd have to say the inmates are not running the asylum; whatever is happening now in the show-bizzy world of politics, I have faith the Americans will choose the president they need for the betterment of their country.

Getting back on track: GO SPECTRE GO