Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I feel like this movie is going to either overperform or underperform, and won't be as close to tracking estimates as possible. Suppose it depends on the reviews and whether or not it has the legs to keep up some crazy B.O. numbers for the subsequent few weeks.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It opens to no competition that will help.
    But...Man Of Steele is such a failure and certainly will not help the matter.
    Ben Affleck as Batman...that could backfire big time.
    If BvS is anything like MoS it will be doomed.

Of course I expect it to be the best Batman movie ever and Superman anyway.
    Everything else would be a huge disappointment. You cannot and must not toy with those two franchises.
    I'm actually surprised DC has given this to Zac Snyder who did such a bad job with MoS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That is your opinion, mine is the opposite.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I see Empire magazine has only given Batman v Superman - 3 Stars.
    Says: The super-showdow has its moments, not least the titular face-off, which makes the whole enterprise worthwhile, and introduces an intriguing new Batman. But it's also cluttered and narratively wonky; a few jokes wouldn't have gone amiss, either.

Link? I thought there was still an embargo on reviews.

I have an advanced copy, dear boy. You'll see I'm right once the issue appears.

On a side note, it never ceases to amaze me that folk here never believe tipsters like my good self and always insist on a link.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It opens to no competition that will help.
    But...Man Of Steele is such a failure and certainly will not help the matter.
    Ben Affleck as Batman...that could backfire big time.
    If BvS is anything like MoS it will be doomed.

Of course I expect it to be the best Batman movie ever and Superman anyway.
    Everything else would be a huge disappointment. You cannot and must not toy with those two franchises.
    I'm actually surprised DC has given this to Zac Snyder who did such a bad job with MoS.

Man of Steel didn't smash any records but it was far from a failure.
    @BondJasonBond006, I'm surprised you're already deeming it the best 'Batman' movie ever if you were very disappointed in MoS, as this looks to be more of the same.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @BondJasonBond006, I'm surprised you're already deeming it the best 'Batman' movie ever if you were very disappointed in MoS, as this looks to be more of the same.

I still have faith in Zac Snyder, after all he made the best ever comic adaption movie Watchmen.
    So I expect him to do good this time.

Did you like MoS?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    MOS was POS.
    Snyder is hit or miss for me, and MoS really didn't do anything for me; I will say that I loved seeing something as dark as Superman snap Zod's neck, but the big CG-destruction finale that has been done to death in these comic book movies is one of my many complaints with them in general, so my opinion is irrelevant since the only recent comic book movie that I loved was 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier.'
    the only recent comic book movie that I loved was 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier.'
    THAT was awesome. I think it had something to do with the WRITING.
    hint hint DC movie peeps...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    chrisisall wrote: »
    When this film underperforms can we get a bright costume for Superman & no slicked back hair for the next movie?

Underperforms? You're a funny guy. Pretty sure this film will get better reviews than SP did and make more money domestically and internationally; meanwhile, SP will still be in cinemas trying to desperately crawl to reach 200 million after 6/7 months.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    When this film underperforms can we get a bright costume for Superman & no slicked back hair for the next movie?

Underperforms? You're a funny guy. Pretty sure this film will get better reviews than SP did and make more money domestically and internationally

We will see, won't we? ;)
    Indeed, sir ;)
    Indeed, sir ;)
    Wanna wager that Marvel's 'Civil War' won't make BVS look anemic by comparison?
    I'll take that bet easily. Civil War will shit all over BvS; critically and financially.
    the only recent comic book movie that I loved was 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier.'
    THAT was awesome. I think it had something to do with the WRITING.
    hint hint DC movie peeps...

Captain America rocks!
    It's by far the best of the Avengers lot, by far.
    A movie needing 800 million to break even is just wrong on every level.

Yes. Just madness.
    I'll take that bet easily. Civil War will shit all over BvS; critically and financially.
    Opinion are just that however I respectfully disagree and honestly feel doing Civil war idea is actually just trying to copy DC now.

Look marvel brought comic book movies back from the brink of death after DC nearly destroyed the genre with steel and Batman and robin with Blade X-men and Spider-Man and once again the shared universe idea also really influenced DC with Man of steel (instead of post credit scenes they littered the film with References to the other potential franchises) but civil war screams desperation and kind of is a sad move honestly. It's almost as if they saw the reaction the announcement of Batman v superman got in in 2013 and went and said " ok yeah we need to do that I know lets have iron man and captain America fight"

It feels lazy and an honest step back I preferred when marvel tried to do inovative ideas instead of same old same old avengers 2 felt very samey (a point hawkeye makes in the film) Ant-man pretty much retreads Iron Man (with marvel hoping fans react to Paul Rudd the same way they reacted to Robert Downey Jr.) and now we come to this.... Sorry but it feels lazy and uninspired batman v superman will win this battle with DC winning the war!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Civil War looks far superior to BvS just from the trailers, but who knows. I can't say I'm all that thrilled about Gal Gadot being cast as WW (although I'm sure she'll be decent enough), and Cavill is not up to the same acting level as Marvel's best imho, but let's see.

I'm sure I'll love them both. Can't wait to be honest.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Opinion are just that however I respectfully disagree and honestly feel doing Civil war idea is actually just trying to copy DC now.

Look marvel brought comic book movies back from the brink of death after DC nearly destroyed the genre with steel and Batman and robin with Blade X-men and Spider-Man and once again the shared universe idea also really influenced DC with Man of steel (instead of post credit scenes they littered the film with References to the other potential franchises) but civil war screams desperation and kind of is a sad move honestly. It's almost as if they saw the reaction the announcement of Batman v superman got in in 2013 and went and said " ok yeah we need to do that I know lets have iron man and captain America fight"

It feels lazy and an honest step back I preferred when marvel tried to do inovative ideas instead of same old same old avengers 2 felt very samey (a point hawkeye makes in the film) Ant-man pretty much retreads Iron Man (with marvel hoping fans react to Paul Rudd the same way they reacted to Robert Downey Jr.) and now we come to this.... Sorry but it feels lazy and uninspired batman v superman will win this battle with DC winning the war!

Where are you getting your info from? Marvel copying DC??? You don't know what you're on about.

Firstly, Marvel from the start had a plan that was always going to result in major events as is the case with the source material. There have been numerous civil war storylines dating back 30+ years in the comics that were at some point going to be adapted to the screen. When a couple of the infinity stones were introduced in phase1 and when Thanos was first revealed at the end of the Avengers, anybody who knows their stuff knew that the REAL big event(s) was going to involve Everyone going up against Thanos, which we're getting with the Infinity Wars movies. This was back in 2012, meanwhile Man Of Steel was released in 2013 and even then WB were merely taking a shot in the dark with this film. Their last superman film was a failure and ruined the career of the film's lead actor. WB/DC only real cinematic success since the turn of the century are Nolan's bat films.

The plan was to make a sequel to MoS but the film fell short of studio expectation and seeing as Marvel are the kings of comic book movies and we just had Avengers, what the hell can WB/DC do? Their first superhero movie that wasn't superman or batman was green lantern and that was a gigantic flop. WB now decided that in order to not look anymore pathetic than they've been looking as of late, outside of TDK trilogy instead of mining their properties they've owned for decades and making a Justice League movie or even at least sewing the seeds to create that cinematic universe, THEY were going to be the ones to sit there and watch Marvel dominate the market and then copy them and create their own cinematic universe too...and they'll do that by ditching their planned MoS sequel (a solo movie), make the movie a loose sequel instead and call it Batman Vs Superman, throwing batman in there mainly because clearly Superman on his own just isn't cutting it for WB/DC...and then they're shoehorning the likes of Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and the flash all into this one movie...This alone is an example of copying to create a cinematic universe in order to play catch up to Marvel and what's worse is, they're not even copying correctly. There's a reason why the Avengers film didn't come straight after the first Iron Man film. There's a reason why Marvel have phases before bookending with a major event movie.

Meanwhile also back in 2012 it was announced the Winter Soldier movie would be the next Cap movie which lead to Marvel already looking at adapting the civil war storyline a lot sooner rather than later and by 2014 Marvel laid it all out and revealed their full slate of films up to 2019. With that said, Marvel are also killing it on Netflix with the first 2 seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones and with Luke Cage and Iron Fist to come, aaaallll linked to the cinematic universe.

...and then there's WB/DC who are taking huge shortcuts where the results will inevitably show. They even had the nerve to initially open batman vs superman on the same date that cap civil war had already claimed and inivetably they lost at their own game by changing their release date to an earlier date because Marvel clearly had nothing to fear and didnt budge. WB/DC in all honesty aren't even a competitive threat. When guardians of the galaxy, Marvel comic book characters that were EXTREMELY socially obscure to the general public can not only get a movie but go on to gross $773million what the hell are WB/DC doing? Especially as they own the rights to all their characters.

You don't have to like Marvel's films and your stance on the matter is 100% fine. Not all of Marvel's films are superb but look at where we are, on a Bond forum; 24 films where more than half aren't really great at all imo but we're here. I'm sure Bats Vs Supes will do well financially; critically I have less faith, it can go either way but I guarantee and you can quote me on this, that Cap 3 civil war, will be the more successful film in every way...easily. EASILY.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Where are you getting your info from? Marvel copying DC??? You don't know what you're on about.

Firstly, Marvel from the start had a plan that was always going to result in major events as is the case with the source material. There have been numerous civil war storylines dating back 30+ years in the comics that were at some point going to be adapted to the screen. When a couple of the infinity stones were introduced in phase1 and when Thanos was first revealed at the end of the Avengers, anybody who knows their stuff knew that the REAL big event(s) was going to involve Everyone going up against Thanos, which we're getting with the Infinity Wars movies. This was back in 2012, meanwhile Man Of Steel was released in 2013 and even then WB were merely taking a shot in the dark with this film. Their last superman film was a failure and ruined the career of the film's lead actor. WB/DC only real cinematic success since the turn of the century are Nolan's bat films.

The plan was to make a sequel to MoS but the film fell short of studio expectation and seeing as Marvel are the kings of comic book movies and we just had Avengers, what the hell can WB/DC do? Their first superhero movie that wasn't superman or batman was green lantern and that was a gigantic flop. WB now decided that in order to not look anymore pathetic than they've been looking as of late, outside of TDK trilogy instead of mining their properties they've owned for decades and making a Justice League movie or even at least sewing the seeds to create that cinematic universe, THEY were going to be the ones to sit there and watch Marvel dominate the market and then copy them and create their own cinematic universe too...and they'll do that by ditching their planned MoS sequel (a solo movie), make the movie a loose sequel instead and call it Batman Vs Superman, throwing batman in there mainly because clearly Superman on his own just isn't cutting it for WB/DC...and then they're shoehorning the likes of Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and the flash all into this one movie...This alone is an example of copying to create a cinematic universe in order to play catch up to Marvel and what's worse is, they're not even copying correctly. There's a reason why the Avengers film didn't come straight after the first Iron Man film. There's a reason why Marvel have phases before bookending with a major event movie.

Meanwhile also back in 2012 it was announced the Winter Soldier movie would be the next Cap movie which lead to Marvel already looking at adapting the civil war storyline a lot sooner rather than later and by 2014 Marvel laid it all out and revealed their full slate of films up to 2019. With that said, Marvel are also killing it on Netflix with the first 2 seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones and with Luke Cage and Iron Fist to come, aaaallll linked to the cinematic universe.

...and then there's WB/DC who are taking huge shortcuts where the results will inevitably show. They even had the nerve to initially open batman vs superman on the same date that cap civil war had already claimed and inivetably they lost at their own game by changing their release date to an earlier date because Marvel clearly had nothing to fear and didnt budge. WB/DC in all honesty aren't even a competitive threat. When guardians of the galaxy, Marvel comic book characters that were EXTREMELY socially obscure to the general public can not only get a movie but go on to gross $773million what the hell are WB/DC doing? Especially as they own the rights to all their characters.

You don't have to like Marvel's films and your stance on the matter is 100% fine. Not all of Marvel's films are superb but look at where we are, on a Bond forum; 24 films where more than half aren't really great at all imo but we're here. I'm sure Bats Vs Supes will do well financially; critically I have less faith, it can go either way but I guarantee and you can quote me on this, that Cap 3 civil war, will be the more successful film in every way...easily. EASILY.

I don't have to say anything now, good job! I agree with this post in every way possible.

Ok I understand everything you wrote and you may be 110% right but Consider this a slight counter argument

1. Marvel really don't have as much a plan as people think:
    Again while they no doubt had a rough sketch I have a hard time believing the Civil war was really on the horizon until after Batman V superman made it's debut in 2013 then after Winter soldier made money they suddenly realized hey we can make our heros fight too. it just seems way too on the nose to have Civil war be the third film. Plus honestly there are a lot of other cooler Captain America storylines they could of developed. And yes I agree Thanos and Infitiy stones were always kind of going to happen but again loss sketches of a 5 year plan I will agree with but plaining out a franchise 3 film in advance... Yeah that is extremely unlikely

2. Marvel go there first:
    I Concede Marvel was smarter with their characters by a long mile Again I lament over the fact that DC really hasn't done well with their other characters and even their two main characters have kind of been well mishandled (what 6 superman films I believe and only 7 batman film 7 the one charcter you don't need a lot of cgi for and only 7 films) however lets not start saying Marvel is was and always will be the best brightest and boldest. For Starters I feel Sucide Squad and Wonder Woman are FAR bigger gambles then anything marvel has done. Before you say How is Wonder Woman a gamble name me 1 comic book movie which follows a Female lead that is good... yeah I can't either.

3. Dc is playing catch up
    Well not really Ok yes Batman Wonder Woman Cyborgs and Aquaman are all in some shape or form in BVS dawn of justice... but let's look at the over all score board DC was DOMINATING the industry in the 70's 80's and 90's with Superman and Batman and what was marvel doing.. Punisher with Dolph Lungdren that horrible Captain America Film the Roger Coorman Fantastic Four oh wait I know David Haselhoff as Nick Fury yeah Marvel wasn't always the king. And to be honest turning to Nolan for Batman did Hamper them slightly as Nolan wanted his Batman in his own universe (hence why Bale wasn't even asked to be batman in Miller's failed Justice league)...

I will concede Green Lantern Failed at the box office but honestly had it succeeded we might be talking a different world entirely. and Interestingly enough Batman Versus Superman nearly came out a decade earlier (with ironically either Ben Affleck or Colin Farrel as Batman and Jude Law as Superman) but WB again rather then world building wanted to have the character have their own universes on film (backing Batman Begins and Superman returns instead)... I will concede though that marvel has done a better job of building it's world and honestly I am glad they did because now WB is trying to "catch up" and instread of waiting the dreaded 8 years after Dark knight rises for a batman film (as was rumored) we get one this Friday 3.5 years after Dark Knight rises.

To sum up to be completely selfish as long as I get good batman films I don't care about the other comic book characters however honestly I want Marvel and Dc to both succeed and heck I would like for Fox's X men universe to succeed as long as we keep getting good films I am happy.

So roll on BVS and Civil War and I hope both are amazing.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,854

Ok I understand everything you wrote and you may be 110% right but Consider this a slight counter argument

Again while they no doubt had a rough sketch I have a hard time believing the Civil war was really on the horizon until after Batman V superman made it's debut in 2013 then after Winter soldier made money they suddenly realized hey we can make our heros fight too. it just seems way too on the nose to have Civil war be the third film. Plus honestly there are a lot of other cooler Captain America storylines they could of developed. And yes I agree Thanos and Infitiy stones were always kind of going to happen but again loss sketches of a 5 year plan I will agree with but plaining out a franchise 3 film in advance... Yeah that is extremely unlikely

I'm fairly certain Marvel has a more thought-out plan than DC does. Marvel's been at this game since 2006, when the initial plans for Iron Man began, while DC has been at this since 2013. Even if Civil War specifically wasn't on the cards until around 2013 (and I don't believe for a second that Marvel decided to do Civil War because of Batman V Superman), they almost certainly had other ideas for similar stories. Marvel knows what they're doing, DC doesn't, pretty much a given at this point.
    2. Marvel go there first:
    I Concede Marvel was smarter with their characters by a long mile Again I lament over the fact that DC really hasn't done well with their other characters and even their two main characters have kind of been well mishandled (what 6 superman films I believe and only 7 batman film 7 the one charcter you don't need a lot of cgi for and only 7 films) however lets not start saying Marvel is was and always will be the best brightest and boldest. For Starters I feel Sucide Squad and Wonder Woman are FAR bigger gambles then anything marvel has done. Before you say How is Wonder Woman a gamble name me 1 comic book movie which follows a Female lead that is good... yeah I can't either.

Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman both have the advantages of having characters that have been in the public eye in more than just comics within, however. While the Guardians of the Galaxy appeared in a few cartoons, they played minor roles and didn't do much. Wonder Woman had a TV pilot in 2011 (which, granted, nobody probably saw) and was a major player in Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. The Suicide Squad was in both Smallville and Arrow. Is Wonder Woman a gamble? Yes, but people know who she is. The Guardians of the Galaxy were largely unexplored and had few fans outside of comics.

And I'm not even getting into the characters Marvel has coming up. DC has much bigger gambles than Wonder Woman in the future, not the least is making a Green Lantern movie that will get people in the seats after the spectacular failure of the Ryan Reynolds movie.
    Well not really Ok yes Batman Wonder Woman Cyborgs and Aquaman are all in some shape or form in BVS dawn of justice... but let's look at the over all score board DC was DOMINATING the industry in the 70's 80's and 90's with Superman and Batman and what was marvel doing.. Punisher with Dolph Lungdren that horrible Captain America Film the Roger Coorman Fantastic Four oh wait I know David Haselhoff as Nick Fury yeah Marvel wasn't always the king. And to be honest turning to Nolan for Batman did Hamper them slightly as Nolan wanted his Batman in his own universe (hence why Bale wasn't even asked to be batman in Miller's failed Justice league)...

DC and Marvel have both had crap. DC did better back in the 70s and 80s (nobody really did much in the 90s), and Marvel is dominating now. Eventually it'll reverse and DC will do better than Marvel, that's just the way the movie market works.
    I will concede Green Lantern Failed at the box office but honestly had it succeeded we might be talking a different world entirely. and Interestingly enough Batman Versus Superman nearly came out a decade earlier (with ironically either Ben Affleck or Colin Farrel as Batman and Jude Law as Superman) but WB again rather then world building wanted to have the character have their own universes on film (backing Batman Begins and Superman returns instead)... I will concede though that marvel has done a better job of building it's world and honestly I am glad they did because now WB is trying to "catch up" and instread of waiting the dreaded 8 years after Dark knight rises for a batman film (as was rumored) we get one this Friday 3.5 years after Dark Knight rises.

I was completely unaware that there was supposed to be some sort of 8 year wait after Dark Knight Rises for another Batman movie.

Huh. Part of my post got deleted when I posted. I'll finish this later.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I'm seeing 'Batman v Superman' in 2 days, I really can't wait.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Marvel definitely has been luckier with casting decisions than DC (Nolan's tenure excepted) has imho.

Robert Downey Jr. (currently the highest paid actor in the world) was a master stroke casting decision. It came out of nowhere and was similar to the casting of Craig as Bond. Perfection from an unlikely place. Jon Favreau had to fight Marvel to get him in that role but Iron Man set the ball rolling for Marvel's renaissance (and their casting choices since then have been first class).

Let's see if DC has made similar strides with its new batch. Affleck may surprise to the upside, but Cavill (& probably Gadot) underwhelm.

Unlikely how? At the end of the first IM movie we get Fury show up and he mentions the Avengers initiative. Towards the end of the incredible hulk, we have Tony show up and tell general Ross that he's putting a team together. When you're talking about the Avengers, the core big 3 are Cap, IM and Thor. Phase 1 consisted of IM, The Incredible Hulk, IM2, Thor and Captain America 1st avenger. That's 5 movies that were built up to lead into the Avengers so yes, planning out a franchise 3 films and in this particular case 5 films in advance isn't extremely unlikely because they actually did it. See here's the thing, different companies have different business models and strategies and whereas one may not be used to seeing a decent plan being put into place, as is the standard practise with so many movie studios you have to understand that Marvel weren't going to operate that way. They had a clear vision in what they wanted to achieve and they're well on their way to achieving it.

When Marvel decided that they were going to fund and create their own movie studio through the profits of licensing out some of their properties, chiefly the huge sums of money they pocketed from the spidey and x-men movies their plan from the start was to create a cinematic universe and to at least do a better job with their characters than what some of the other studios were doing with their characters. Batman Vs Superman had absolutely nothing to do with Marvel moving ahead with Civil War. Absolutely nothing. Obviously there are many stories that span more than 50 years that Marvel could tell but when you're creating a universe, it's not about telling run of the mill stories for the sake of it, especially when such stories are used as a foundation anyway as part of building arcs for these characters; they have to lead somewhere. After 2 phases, 2 event films, we've been introduced to many characters that audiences have gotten to know and be invested in, how do you now up the stakes and really bring a sense of the unknown, danger, threat and conflict? There are so many characters each with their own philosophies, motivations and perspectives and they're not all going to get along. Joss Whedon even teased the group conflict twice within the first Avengers film. It's 100% factually incorrect that Bats vs Supes facilitated Cap 3 civil war. Fortunately, Marvel were/are smart enough to utilise their own source material and adapt their stories and in this case the civil war storyline. Hell, look at SP, even EoN tried to link all of Craig's films together to create a sense of continuity, which was horribly executed imo but they can see how a universe and continuity is such a big thing. It just so happens that Marvel were way ahead of the curve which clearly some people just didn't expect.

however lets not start saying Marvel is was and always will be the best brightest and boldest. For Starters I feel Sucide Squad and Wonder Woman are FAR bigger gambles then anything marvel has done. Before you say How is Wonder Woman a gamble name me 1 comic book movie which follows a Female lead that is good... yeah I can't either.

I never said they were. I said Marvel are dominating the comic book movie market and they are. That is a stone cold and irrefutable fact. Look, all these films are a gamble and to say name 1 good comic book movie with a female lead is beside the point as, films in general with a female lead is always met with challenges. DC had that crappy catwoman film with Halle Berry and Fox studios had that Elektra film with Jenifer Garner. However, at least Marvel have brought to the forefront Black Widow who's a major supporting character in the Marvel movies; they could have easily reduced the size of her involvement but her role and presence in these films are prominent and substantial. What has WB/DC done cinematically with any of their female heroes? Furthermore, if we're REALLY talking about gambles, how about the fact Marvel are releasing Black Panther's solo movie in 2018, a movie with a black lead actor who thankfully isn't Will Smith and will have a predominantly black cast. It's all about timing, setting things up, establishing the brand and being confident with the product. Marvel know this and that's why they're seeing the success they're accumulating and have been able to map out their slate of movie for at least the next 3 years.

I'm not talking about the movies from 40...30 years ago and like I said before, I didn't ever claim Marvel have always been king. Marvel cinematically weren't even on the map except for the Blade movies pre 2000. I'm talking about now-now as in since the turn of the century when finances and technology are available to bring these characters to life. If we forget about the Marvel characters at other studios and focus solely on what Marvel studios have done since 2008, what they've managed to create and establish, WB/DC can't compete, they're not even contenders. Their only real and legitimate cinematic success was Nolan's batman films. Like I said, right now Marvel are dominating the industry, so much so that they've built their success on their roster of B-list characters and in the case of guardians of the galaxy c-list characters and turned them into cinematic A-list power houses. Meanwhile WB/DC have been continuously recycling their A-listers, Superman and Batman as if they're the only 2 characters WB/DC have.

To sum up to be completely selfish as long as I get good batman films I don't care about the other comic book characters

You're a fan and I get that and unfortunately that's also the mentality of some of the studio execs, which is why no other WB/DC character gets the level of push and investment that Batman gets. This isn't a dig at you personally but in general it's often recognised by comicbok geeks that Batman fans, to put it extremely mildly and polite are the most "enthusiastic".
    So roll on BVS and Civil War and I hope both are amazing.

I hope so too, I want to enjoy these movies. Waited bloody forever to see these characters properly on screen. It's a great time to be a comic book fan.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If they do a Black Widow movie with Scarlett, I am sure it will be a success.
    I'm completely down with that. They should get on it. She's excellent in that role.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm completely down with that. They should get on it. She's excellent in that role.

[-O< oh please...
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm off to see an early screening of BvS. I'll be sure to spoil the whole film for you guys when I get home.