Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Does anyone know if DC is putting out "prequel" comics?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After the trailer and the showcasing of these recent toys, there doesn't seem much of a reason to go and see the movie now that they've spoiled just about all of it. Couldn't believe how much one of the latest trailers gave away.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    After the trailer and the showcasing of these recent toys, there doesn't seem much of a reason to go and see the movie now that they've spoiled just about all of it. Couldn't believe how much one of the latest trailers gave away.

@Creasy47, it really is a shame that this is the pervading climate now.

For whatever reason I feel DC and Warner Bros. are genuinely worried about this one being a success, as everything is riding on it, so by making sure they get butts in seats, they end up over-sharing and beginning a hype train that may just derail itself.

I'm still excited, but I would be five times more thrilled if the latest trailer ended a minute earlier. The Zod and Doomsday connection is something that should have been saved for the film itself. Why DC and Warner thought it a good move is beyond me.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Seen yet another trailer - this one has WW at the end, She with you?, but even though I'm a huge Batman fan I can't get interested in this, what looks like, a sprawling mess of a movie. Of course the fact that Zack Snyder is directing doesn't help. Having seen 300 and suffered through Man of Shite, I don't really want to sit through another of his films. I hope against hope that it actually turns out to be good and I'm proved wrong…but I doubt it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Two new TV Spots

edited January 2016 Posts: 1,257
    EXCLUSIVE: Zack Snyder's New "Batman V Superman" Clip

http://teamcoco.com/video/zack-snyder-superman-clip
    OMG that scene is cool and make superman to be the villain.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really wanted supes to lamp batman in his snot-box
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Batfleck getting himself all worked up in a new TV spot:

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Loving the red city skyline. I can't wait to see this.
    http://comicsalliance.com/files/2014/11/AC013.jpg
    The writing seems shockingly good for this movie, from what I've heard. Is Affleck's voice also altered in the beginning of that clip that @Seven_Point_Six_Five posted? Sounds a bit off to me, and I know it's altered when he's in the Bat suit.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Watch out, Superman!
    I really hope batman gets a grade A arse-beating in this movie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Phenomenal acting in that scene by Ben; he really shows Bruce's anger as it spills out of him. I think he and Jeremy will make for fantastic scene partners in this film.

My favorite shot I've seen from this entire film so far is still the one where Bruce sees Metropolis under attack and he runs straight into the fray as smoke overtakes him. Every time I see it I just think, "yep, that's such a Batman thing to do." With all of my gripes at certain aspects of this film, trailers like this give me back any hope I may've lost.

@Murdock, I can't tell if that red background is something from this film's Batcave or the skyline like you said. If you look at the first shot of the trailer at around the 2 second mark, there's a section of red in that wide shot of the Batcave that I think Bruce and Alfred are talking against, but in a later shot it does seem like you can see some buildings with what looks like bright lights emanating from windows. So I'm thinking that Bruce may have his current cave inside the city itself, hidden in one of the floors of a penthouse or something, giving a view of the skyline from above. I assume the original cave was destroyed when whatever happened to Wayne Manor occurred, as it seems singed and dilapidated in the shots I've seen. That red definitely calls back the background design for Batman: The Animated Series, though. Nice profile picture, by the way. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, I agree, Batfleck has looked surprisingly confident and assured in all the clips I've seen of him in his Wayne persona - much more so than Cavill. He's especially convincing in that last clip above. Impressive acting.

This could be his DC in CR moment - prove the doubters (myself included) wrong.
    Affleck might become my favorite batman of all time.
    We haven't yet had an onscreen Batman that fully felt like "The Dark Knight" in all aspects. Keaton to me was an okay Bruce and okay Batman (I don't agree with his actions). Kilmer's Bruce had potential, as did Clooney's, but bad scripting ruined their chances to leave marks. Christian I think is the best we've gotten so far, a really engrossing Bruce straight out of "Year One," and a really good Batman as well, with only a few hang ups in between.

I think with Ben's Batman, though, we'll get to see a far more interesting Bruce than we've seen before, a man fed up with what the world has turned into, and it'll be interesting to see how much more brutal he has to become to face the growing threats of the world, like Superman in his eyes. Ben's Bruce seems the most damaged yet, and the shots I've seen of him in the Batcave just staring at the suit with a mix of condemnation and necessity calls back that beautiful and haunting moment in The Dark Knight Returns where Bruce basically characterizes Batman or the symbol of the cape and cowl as a sort of deity that has complete control over him. I think we're getting that Bruce here, someone who sees the world aflame and hears his old mantle calling back to him to return.

On the Batman side of things, this film will likely have the best choreographed fighting we've seen in a Batman film as well, which is beyond great. We'll get a real proper bone crunching Batman that destroys a room full of men in seconds. Bale is the best we've gotten in that area, but I don't necessarily think I'd have been frightened to death just by seeing him in front of me. With Ben's Batman, I'm scared. Real scared.

I hope all of this does come to pass. It'd be a thrill to see the comic book Batman in all his glory up on screen, equal parts the fighter, the thinker, the tactician, the scientist, the inventor, the engineer, the athlete and overall harbinger of justice.
    @Brady, just for you, buddy...

lKgzIAZ.jpg

648E8A81-6B51-4E15-A81D-8F5A6BCDBEEB.png.jpeg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    We haven't yet had an onscreen Batman that fully felt like "The Dark Knight" in all aspects. Keaton to me was an okay Bruce and okay Batman (I don't agree with his actions). Kilmer's Bruce had potential, as did Clooney's, but bad scripting ruined their chances to leave marks. Christian I think is the best we've gotten so far, a really engrossing Bruce straight out of "Year One," and a really good Batman as well, with only a few hang ups in between.

I think with Ben's Batman, though, we'll get to see a far more interesting Bruce than we've seen before, a man fed up with what the world has turned into, and it'll be interesting to see how much more brutal he has to become to face the growing threats of the world, like Superman in his eyes. Ben's Bruce seems the most damaged yet, and the shots I've seen of him in the Batcave just staring at the suit with a mix of condemnation and necessity calls back that beautiful and haunting moment in The Dark Knight Returns where Bruce basically characterizes Batman or the symbol of the cape and cowl as a sort of deity that has complete control over him. I think we're getting that Bruce here, someone who sees the world aflame and hears his old mantle calling back to him to return.

On the Batman side of things, this film will likely have the best choreographed fighting we've seen in a Batman film as well, which is beyond great. We'll get a real proper bone crunching Batman that destroys a room full of men in seconds. Bale is the best we've gotten in that area, but I don't necessarily think I'd have been frightened to death just by seeing him in front of me. With Ben's Batman, I'm scared. Real scared.

I hope all of this does come to pass. It'd be a thrill to see the comic book Batman in all his glory up on screen, equal parts the fighter, the thinker, the tactician, the scientist, the inventor, the engineer, the athlete and overall harbinger of justice.

I feel the same, @Brady. As a big fan of Miller's Batman stories, I think that Affleck's version of the character will be great even if the film isn't that good. I am actually more excited for his solo film.
    @doubleoego, those are amazing shots! I just get images of Bruce in Mask of the Phantasm trying on the mask for the first time and then him visiting his parents' graves, hauntingly pleading for them to allow him to give up the mantle, apologizing because he "didn't count on being happy." I hope the reaction to Ben is like it was when people saw Heath's Joker. He seems to be really bringing it, as I'd hoped. He's the one thing I've been 100% positive about this entire time.

@CraigMooreOHMSS, Miller really hit the sweet spot in the 80s with his back to back classic Batman tales. I hope there's some tribute to the Mutant mud fight somewhere in BvS that we haven't seen. To witness Ben's Batman going toe to toe with a big baddie while mud slicked would be so amazing, delivering the "operating table" line. I can't wait to see this Batman just unleash himself. From the looks of the trailers, he has now even taken to branding criminals with his mark. Very Zorro, another Miller connection, whether it's purposeful or not.
  • Batfleck getting himself all worked up in a new TV spot:

How could someone not decide it should have been the first teaser or amongst the first ?

@doubleoego, those are amazing shots! I just get images of Bruce in Mask of the Phantasm trying on the mask for the first time and then him visiting his parents' graves, hauntingly pleading for them to allow him to give up the mantle, apologizing because he "didn't count on being happy." I hope the reaction to Ben is like it was when people saw Heath's Joker. He seems to be really bringing it, as I'd hoped. He's the one thing I've been 100% positive about this entire time.

When Ben was announced the backlash was insane but I agree with you, from the looks of things, Ben is shaping up to be the best batman yet. I really hope Snyder delivers on realising batman properly because although everything looks good so far, I'm still a bit nervous that this batman portrayal maybe too good to be true. Fingers crossed.
    Ben to me is starting too look and act like Kevin Conroy's Batman And

(spoilers for BVS
    I read an article recently that apparently Batman enjoys his job and scareing criminals etc which reminds me of Batman the Animated series where Batman is clearlyenjoying interogating Killer Croc about Bane. and He also is quite the womanizer beeding many women through out the film which is GREAT. As a Batman fan to this day people still poke fun at him and make Homosexual and pedophile jokes about him (ok the last one I can remember is from Friends over a decade ago but still) the only thing I really liked about the new 52 and Some of the comics previous to that was Bruce sleeping with a few women in the pages (the best is when a reporter atches him staring at her breasts and he still gets her into bed) So I am all for a more Brutal Batman who enjoys sleeping with women as it give Batman a Neal Adams Paul Dini feel

If the above spoiler is true Batman V Superman MIGHT become my favorite batman film Currently Batman Begins sits at the top (no Joker great dialogue and of course the use of my personal favorite Batman Villain Ra's Al Ghul) but who knows perhaps Batman V Superman could knock it down.
    00021-ew-bat-cave-concept-art_0.jpg

050-ewbatman-v-superman_0-2.jpg

3rkdd6s.jpg
    I'm loving the Batcave design. It looks unlike anything we've seen before. I imagine Snyder and his team are packing the set with some easter eggs as well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm loving the Batcave design. It looks unlike anything we've seen before. I imagine Snyder and his team are packing the set with some easter eggs as well.

Yeah, I'm really digging it too. One thing I was disappointed with in TDKR was the unfulfilled potential of Bale's Batcave. Minimal attention was given to it.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 28,694

Yeah, I'm really digging it too. One thing I was disappointed with in TDKR was the unfulfilled potential of Bale's Batcave. Minimal attention was given to it.

Yeah, in that film he barely had hold of the Batman persona, didn't have much in the way of a Batcave and had no Batmobile of any sort. On top of that, his greatest allies were largely unaccessible for most of the film. It's the most stripped down Batman has ever been on the big screen, but I like that they switched up the formula.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Okay, I had my misgivings, but it looks like this might be good. I'm in.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

According to a youtuber who uploaded this video a few weeks ago, this may actually be Junkie XL's Batman theme for BvS.