Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Here is some fan art of Jena Malone as Batgirl. I'd love to see this happen!

b0DKJtO.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She could be just Barbara Gordon in the film, of course. Setting her up for later.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,894
    She could be just Barbara Gordon in the film, of course. Setting her up for later.

Jena getting her own DCU film...?

502.gif

*clears throat*

I'm sorry, I will try to control myself.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My response:

batman-vol-2-animated-madebyabvh-tumblr-com.gif?resize=538%2C566

"Joker would be pleased."
    Just saw the trailer on the big screen. Looks fantastic.

Reaction from young girl in the audience:
    "What? Batman and Superman in the same film? That makes no sense!"
    Her friends told her how right she was.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Ha, ha, ha....I guess those imbeciles have never heard of the Justice League =))
    A "young girl" and her friends are imbeciles if they're not familiar with the Justice League? Right...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

laugh.gif
    Jesse Eisenburg as Luthor still bugs me. I guess that is the whole point?

Who can we cast as Lex Luthor? It must be someone so annoying that the whole audience will instantly hate him and wish him dead...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Who can we cast as Lex Luthor? It must be someone so annoying that the whole audience will instantly hate him and wish him dead...

They succeeded. Just hearing "The red capes are coming" made me want to scrape his eyes out with a fork.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,690

For you, I'd cast Brosnan as Luthor. ;)

He couldn't pull it off.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

He couldn't pull it off.

Brosnan just has to sit on a chair for @Thunderfinger to instantly hate him and wish him dead.

That isn t true of course. Brosnan would have been infinitely better than Eisenburg as Luthor or anything. Even as Bond...
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,257

I was talking about this exact thing with a buddy the other day. To most people, Batman v. Superman must sound as silly and contrived as this. I imagine the average moviegoer doesn't realize that Bats and Supes have fought in numerous comics. Hell, most probably don't known they even exist in the same universe.

I was talking about this exact thing with a buddy the other day. To most people, Batman v. Superman must sound as silly and contrived as this. I imagine the average moviegoer doesn't realize that Bats and Supes have fought in numerous comics. Hell, most probably don't known they even exist in the same universe.

I cannot believe this really. I mean Batsy and Supes are pop cultural icons and very well known. There is the Justice League, the animated version of Justice League aired on WB not 10 years ago.
    I think people who don't know this probably have no interest at all in those comics or are very young.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,065

I cannot believe this really. I mean Batsy and Supes are pop cultural icons and very well known. There is the Justice League, the animated version of Justice League aired on WB not 10 years ago.
    I think people who don't know this probably have no interest at all in those comics or are very young.

I'm actually puzzled by the fact that people don't know that Batman and Superman are from the same comics company, hell I even heard someone saying that Spiderman was a part of the Justice League...and those WB cartoons are superb, there a huge part of my childhood (aside from Bond films of coarse)
    New official image of the Batmobile:

KiesOUV.jpg

And Warner Bros. is offering studio tours to see the new batmobile and costumes from BvS in person. I think I may have to take advantage of this opportunity.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Thanks for the link.

I must say I'm still not convinced BvS will be something good and I am saying this as a huge DC Batman/Justice League fan.
    Snyder just disappointed me too much with MoS which is a total failure on every count.

He's not lost my trust completely as he did two of the best movies ever made.
    300 and Watchmen (the greatest comic adaption on the big screen ever!!, especially the 3 hours 36 minute version)
    300, Watchmen and Man of Steel were all great in my book. I have faith, it looks terrific. The only thing that can screw this up is Eisenburg as Luthor. Where is Telly Savalas when you need him?
    300, Watchmen and Man of Steel were all great in my book. I have faith, it looks terrific. The only thing that can screw this up is Eisenburg as Luthor. Where is Telly Savalas when you need him?

Besides the lackluster MoS which makes me doubt Snyder's ability to bring B+S to the big screen, the casting in BvS seems to be the biggest question mark.
    I mean, Benman? really?? and Eisenberg as Luthor????? Jason Momoa?????? really????? will Aquaman be a joke?
    The only cast member I'm really excited about is Amy Adams and I'm still so mad at the Academy for having her nominated (a record?) five times and never let her win that damn statue when she so deserves it!
    Get it right, it's BatFleck.
    Rumor has it that we'll be receiving two one-minute long trailers at the end of October, which will pave the way for a full theatrical trailer in November, possibly attached to the final 'Hunger Games' film:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=125388
    The film has officially been given a PG-13 rating:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/618187-batman-v-superman-rating
    1PaStwe.jpg
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,257
    hFxWnmP.jpg

3jh0our.jpg

A8JrMmi.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    1PaStwe.jpg

BEAST!
  • I think BvS will be amazing, I'm a DC guy, and I'm actually starting to get sick of all the Marvel stuff that's going (outside of X-Men, Deadpool, and DareDevil), I'll be happy to see DC even out the playing field, I enjoyed MOS, yes it had it's problems, but I sorta blame that more on David Goyer than Snyder, this time they got Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, and I wouldn't put it past Ben Affleck on helping Snyder out with the directing. I'll be surprised if the movie sucks though, but judging by the trailer, it'll kick ass next year.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Earlier this week I went on the Warner Bros. Studio Tour. The main reason I wanted to go was to get an up close look at their Batman exhibits which included costumes, props, and Batmobiles from all the films. Below are some pics of the BvS costumes and Batmobile. I was even lucky enough to see Zack Snyder randomly strolling by as we toured the backlot but unfortunately I didn't get a photo.

Cm44azj.jpg

d0PSesR.jpg

8AGxm5O.jpg

UCOBcYv.jpg

pxo2g4N.jpg