Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I may be the only one here who loves Pryor in that movie.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Honestly, buff Christopher Reeve is the only good thing about part III.
    He literally looks like Superman jumped out of the comic book in that one!
    christopher-reeve-superman-iii-1983-bp70e5.jpg
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    superman-4-1987-05-g.jpg

The hair in Quest for a hair piece did not help. Nor did the colour of the suit in Superman 4, Reeve made an effort for 3.
    Wasn t it great that when the kryptonite made him evil, he just went out and made pranks such as straightening the tower in Pisa and such?

If only Batman had been there to teach him a lesson...
    The evil Superman gets up to a few ropey things, the Lana scene for instance.
    Oh, pure evil there.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Superman III and IV are both ignored when I watch the Superman movies. Returns is a much superior sequel to Superman II than either of those films.
    Superman II has JW Pepper and a MR Jaws like goon (Non). I just don t get what is so good about it. I mean I am entertained, but I was more entertained by III.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Superman II has JW Pepper and a MR Jaws like goon (Non). I just don t get what is so good about it. I mean I am entertained, but I was more entertained by III.

The Richard Donner cut is good, the theatrical version is so-so.
    I haven t seen the Donner cut. What is different?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The plot makes sense. There's less goofy BS happening.

Imagine, Martin Campbell would have directed Quantum Of Solace, then you get the picture.
    Plus they use the Brando footage.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Plus they use the Brando footage.

Hence, as I said, the plot makes sense.
    The Donner Cut is way better, but it helps to know ahead of time that Superman the Movie was meant to end in a cliffhanger, and the whole 'turning back time' bit would have only been used in Superman II.

Otherwise it looks as though he just does it twice! 'Screw it, I'll just turn back time again. It worked last week!' ;)
    The Donner Cut is way better, but it helps to know ahead of time that Superman the Movie was meant to end in a cliffhanger, and the whole 'turning back time' bit would have only been used in Superman II.

Otherwise it looks as though he just does it twice! 'Screw it, I'll just turn back time again. It worked last week!' ;)
    Oh yeah, as soon as you see Perry getting ready to brush his teeth you have to hit the skip button.
    It's officially confirmed by Warner that the dead Robin in BvS is JasonTodd.

If you want to know his fate read A Death In The Family.

He was later resurrected as Red Hood.
    The answer that everyone knew, the the question nobody really needed to ask.
    Yes, does it matter? I don t want to see Robin in a Batman film again. Or Batgirl/woman. Or Batdog for that matter.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yes, does it matter? I don t want to see Robin in a Batman film again. Or Batgirl/woman. Or Batdog for that matter.
    Agreed. Robin is best left for the 60's tv series imho. Additionally, if I ever have to endure anything remotely close to "suit me up Uncle Alfred" again, I might become suicidal.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

What, no love for Ace? Come on, now.

In this crazy new, character assassination happy Snyderverse, I wouldn't be surprised if, in the upcoming Justice League film, there's a scene where Batman uses Ace as a trained attack dog to jump on goons and tear their throats out. Wanna guess what the safe word would be?

That's right, Martha.

Man, this garbage just writes itself.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,257
    I personally don't want to see a Robin in these films. That character in the DCEU needs to have "died" with Jason Todd, so no Carrie Kelley, no Tim Drake, no Damian Wayne, etc.

I do want to see Dick Grayson as Nightwing though and maybe Jason Todd as The Red Hood.
    I personally don't want to see a Robin in these films. That character in the DCEU needs to have "died" with Jason Todd, so no Carrie Kelley, no Tim Drake, no Damian Wayne, etc.

I do want to see Dick Grayson as Nightwing though and maybe Jason Todd as The Red Hood.

Now, while Damian Wayne can piss off and rot in whatever the deepest hole they can find is, I wouldn't mind Carrie Kelley showing up in a live action movie. She had a second identity in The Dark Knight Strikes Again, they could use that instead of Robin.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Now, while Damian Wayne can piss off and rot in whatever the deepest hole they can find is, I wouldn't mind Carrie Kelley showing up in a live action movie. She had a second identity in The Dark Knight Strikes Again, they could use that instead of Robin.

Most people have their fingers crossed for Jena Malone playing Barbara Gordon (myself included), but knowing Snyder and his appreciation for The Dark Knight Returns, I wouldn't be surprised if she is playing Carrie Kelley. I'm almost willing to put money on it.
    My money's on her being Barbara- funny enough, there was a theory that the girl at the beginning was Carrie, but I suppose that wouldn't make sense as her parents aren't dead
    I thought they'd confirmed Malone's character (to be reinstated in the extended cut) was Barbara Gordon?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's confirmed that Jena is Barbara, from an article in the press.
    Oh yes now I remember- Snyder teased us all by 'confirming she wasn't playing BATGIRL' but not necessarily Barbara. I'm anxious as hell to see if we get a Killing Joke homage where Jared Leto's Joker puts a bullet in her! When does that pesky Bluray come out again??
    I think July was the last date tossed around, but that was debunked by Warner. I don't think anything has been confirmed, though my guess is we'll see it sometime during mid to late August.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Most people have their fingers crossed for Jena Malone playing Barbara Gordon (myself included), but knowing Snyder and his appreciation for The Dark Knight Returns, I wouldn't be surprised if she is playing Carrie Kelley. I'm almost willing to put money on it.

And that is why I didn't go and see the film on the big screen, i'm waiting for that extended home release. I'm not putting too much hope in Jena getting her own DCU film, but I will be first in line if it happens.