Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition) trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ES3INFYuTcI
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It'll be interesting to see just how much more clear the film becomes with the additions. Hopefully Warner and DC pony up and really deliver, because this is their last chance to save a lot of this movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I can't comment on whether this will be an improvement, as the Ultimate Edition cut will be my first viewing of the film. I've read a lot of comments, and am braced for a distinctly average film.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Looks good it would appear Clark will have more to do in this Cut.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I just want a Wonder Woman movie!!!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I just want a Wonder Woman movie!!!
    I just want Wonder Woman
    :x
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition) trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ES3INFYuTcI

I am looking forward to the extended cut as much as I was the theatrical. I'm very excited to see what was left out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Looks good it would appear Clark will have more to do in this Cut.

Yes, this should boost his spoken 43 lines (one of which was a shout) to an even 50! ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2016 Posts: 7,988
    I'm with @chrisisall on this one: if there's more wonder Woman, the film improves. If not... it won't help..
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,257
    I think the whole Africa subplot was very weak so I'm curious to see if expanding it will bolster the story.

We also see security footage of Batfleck at LexCorp. While it would be cool to see the full scene of him kicking ass and stealing the Kryptonite, I doubt it'll happen.

And I'm surprised to see Jena Malone's character doesn't have red hair... hmm :-?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 13,894
    And I'm surprised to see Jena Malone's character doesn't hahappenhair... hmm :-?

I did wonder if the rumours had all been misdirection. Then again, maybe Jena's hair colour is a blonde herring, and she still might be playing any one of the rumoured characters .
    Think it's confirmed Malone is definitely Barbara Gordon.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Think it's confirmed Malone is definitely Barbara Gordon.

Wig as a disguise, maybe?
    Some one said it could be because Lois is a red head so that could be the reason Barbara is blonde, more contrast between the two ladies perhaps.
    I'm not too sure how it has been handled on home releases in the past, so pardon my ignorance, but are we likely to see the IMAX scenes change aspect ratio on the BvS BluRay?
    It seems that the Ultimate Edition was prematurely made available on CinemaNow yesterday for those who pre-ordered it. It has since been removed but a number of people were able to download or stream the whole thing.

Someone posted a summary of the new content Tumblr:

http://dicapriyos.tumblr.com/post/145858657724/batman-v-superman
    It seems that the Ultimate Edition was prematurely made available on CinemaNow yesterday for those who pre-ordered it. It has since been removed but a number of people were able to download or stream the whole thing.

Sounds like a much better film already. So glad some of the plot threads seem to line up much more coherently.
    Good god if this is true and they release this film sure it would of been way too long but nearly all the complaints would of stopped s d the film would of made a billion dam WB I don't know who to blame now
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Good god if this is true and they release this film sure it would of been way too long but nearly all the complaints would of stopped s d the film would of made a billion dam WB I don't know who to blame now

Everybody but the cast.
    I didn't give the list a good look to avoid spoiling it for myself, but I still have a hard time believing that an extra thirty minutes is suddenly going to make this film watchable. We'll see. I'll find a stream of it somewhere, because WB and DC aren't getting any of my money this time.
    I shouldn´t say this, but I found BvS so watchable mainly because I liked the extreme bias towards iconography. I´m not sure I´ll dig it if the story gels better in this cut.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 3,164
    I didn't give the list a good look to avoid spoiling it for myself, but I still have a hard time believing that an extra thirty minutes is suddenly going to make this film watchable. We'll see. I'll find a stream of it somewhere, because WB and DC aren't getting any of my money this time.

It does.

I saw this yesterday through the CinemaNow release and this really is a far more complete film. Fleshes out the story fully and gives all the subplots and characters, Clark/Superman included, their due within it. Everything gets a whole lot more room to breathe and pacing is evened out - outside the stretch of the film from the warehouse assault to the end of the Doomsday battle, everything is expanded, changed or even re-ordered. A great improvement over the messier put together theatrical for sure. It's the same story - but told in a much better way; it's not just the existing theatrical cut with a bunch of scenes added on.

Posted a longer string of thoughts here: https://letterboxd.com/antovolk/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/2/

For reference, the theatrical was around 6-7/10, this cut is 8.5/10 for me
    antovolk wrote: »

It does.

I saw this yesterday through the CinemaNow release and this really is a far more complete film. Fleshes out the story fully and gives all the subplots and characters, Clark/Superman included, their due within it. Everything gets a whole lot more room to breathe and pacing is evened out - outside the stretch of the film from the warehouse assault to the end of the Doomsday battle, everything is expanded, changed or even re-ordered. A great improvement over the messier put together theatrical for sure. It's the same story - but told in a much better way; it's not just the existing theatrical cut with a bunch of scenes added on.

Posted a longer string of thoughts here: https://letterboxd.com/antovolk/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/2/

Delighted to hear it. A lot of what is in the expanded release is stuff that I would have expected in the theatrical (mainly the Clark Kent investigating Batman stuff) and was disappointed when we got none of it. The Lex stuff holds little interest to me as I simply don't like Eisenberg's take but the rest I find very interesting.
    antovolk wrote: »

It does.

That does sound interesting indeed.

Batfleck is such a monster!
    fLD0Yw1.gif
    'You're the one who stabbed me, aren't you?'
    'N-n-no sir. (Wets pants)'

I clicked, I read, and now I am disappointed. It's not going to be a day 1 purchase now.

edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694

I clicked, I read, and now I am disappointed. It's not going to be a day 1 purchase now.

Not a lot of Ms. Malone, I assume, @MajorDSmythe?

Without saying too much, I have never heard of the character, and had to google her. I feel like Snyder led us down the path to nothing. So much mystery for what I suspect is a minor character, maybe hardcore fans will get a kick out of seeing the character onscreen in the same way that if EON cast Sir James Moloney in Bond#25.

Without saying too much, I have never heard of the character, and had to google her. I feel like Snyder led us down the path to nothing. So much mystery for what I suspect is a minor character, maybe hardcore fans will get a kick out of seeing the character onscreen in the same way that if EON cast Sir James Moloney in Bond#25.

Thought it was confirmed that Malone was Barbara Gordon, is it...
    Kat Grant
    ?