Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

For anyone interested, you can buy a really cool Batmobile at Toys"Я"Us currently for 20 bucks.
    Technically it's a model that you have to assemble, but there are only 25 pieces; it's not hard. And it's METAL.

IMG_8525.JPG

Here's mine! (I really need to dust...)

13124524_10100907468997031_5517897277202450956_n.jpg?oh=6e76f82338006f4155271d4c493cffb3&oe=579BE80F

Ideally it would be 1/18 scale so it would fit with my other cars, but it's slightly larger than 1/24, so it isn't tiny by any means!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    I had mentioned weeks ago how WB/DC were pilfering tweets from people to "proove" how great BvS is. This is how laughably desperate and pathetic WB/DC are and how it backfired on them:

jLZ2ITW.png

=))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    It blew my mind too. Not in a "holy crap, what a ride" way, though. More like a "how did this happen/how is it this bad" way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is interesting:
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ben-affleck-becomes-executive-producer-justice-league-204139245.html

Hopefully Ben can steer the HMS Justice League into port with a modicum of damage. I feel slightly more at ease knowing he's there to smack Snyder and Terrio across their heads if need be.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    This is interesting:
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ben-affleck-becomes-executive-producer-justice-league-204139245.html

Hopefully Ben can steer the HMS Justice League into port with a modicum of damage. I feel slightly more at ease knowing he's there to smack Snyder and Terrio across their heads if need be.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> AT LAST SOME SENSE AT WARNER'S

<:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P CELEBRATION TIME JUSTICE LEAGUE GETS SAVED
    And things continue to develop:
    http://screenrant.com/sad-ben-affleck-batman-v-superman/

I feel sad for Ben, I really, really do. He deserves so much better out of all this.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    And things continue to develop:
    http://screenrant.com/sad-ben-affleck-batman-v-superman/

I feel sad for Ben, I really, really do. He deserves so much better out of all this.

I think he'll get past it. Giving him creative control over the solo film and an appearance in Suicide Squad (which looks great) can only cement him further as the character.

I don't like what Snyder did with Superman in BvS but as a big fan of Batman I think Affleck's version of the character has the potential to be the most layered of all the ones we've seen so far.

The chronology of his next appearance is vital to how was first presented to us in BvS, so I'm glad someone with good storytelling sense is in charge.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1 THE DARK KNIGHT
    2 BATMAN BEGINS
    3 MAN OF STEEL
    4 BATMAN RETURNS
    5 BATMAN V SUPERMAN-DAWN OF JUSTICE
    6 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
    7 SUPERMAN III
    8 BATMAN
    9 SUPERMAN THE MOVIE
    10 SUPERMAN RETURNS
    11 BATMAN FOREVER
    12 SUPERMAN II
    13 BATMAN & ROBIN
    14 SUPERMAN IV-THE QUEST FOR PEACE
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    1 THE DARK KNIGHT
    2 BATMAN BEGINS
    3 MAN OF STEEL
    4 BATMAN RETURNS
    5 BATMAN V SUPERMAN-DAWN OF JUSTICE
    6 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
    7 SUPERMAN III
    8 BATMAN
    9 SUPERMAN THE MOVIE
    10 SUPERMAN RETURNS
    11 BATMAN FOREVER
    12 SUPERMAN II
    13 BATMAN & ROBIN
    We're doing THIS now?
    Okaaaay.....
    1 SUPERMAN THE MOVIE
    2 SUPERMAN II
    3 BATMAN
    4 BATMAN BEGINS
    5 BATMAN RETURNS
    6 SUPERMAN RETURNS
    7 BATMAN V SUPERMAN-DAWN OF JUSTICE
    8 MAN OF STEEL
    9 THE DARK KNIGHT
    10 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
    11 BATMAN & ROBIN
    12 BATMAN FOREVER
    13 SUPERMAN III
    Superman The Movie.
    Superman II The Donner cut.
    Man of Steel.
    Batman Begins.
    Dark Knight Rises.
    Dark Knight.
    Batman v Superman (subject to change)
    Batman.
    Batman Forever.
    Batman Returns.

Dear God on the next films...
    Superman III.
    Superman Returns.
    Batman and Robin.
    Superman IV.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman Returns
    Batman
    Superman 2
    Batman vs Superman
    Superman The Movie
    Man of Steel
    Batman Forever
    Superman Returns
    Superman 3
    Batman & Robin
    Superman 4

Dear God on the next films...

Superman Returns.
    I watched this again recently for the first time in years and I have to say it was pretty damn good compared to the recent angst filled Snyder crap we've been getting with Kal El. It at least had heart.
    @chrisisall from the start I struggle with the film, from Lex sinking pretty low with the elderly woman, Superman does mope around quite a bit and super stalk Lois. I like Routh and the film let him down, his Clark was probably the best part of the movie. Routh is good in Chuck and Legends of Tomorrow, was a wasted opportunity for his Superman. The plane sequence is very good though and some of the Superman saves in Metropolis at the end also.
    Batman Begins
    Batman 1989

gap size of Grand Canyon

The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman Returns
    Superman The Movie
    Batman Forever
    Superman Returns

gap size of Blofeld's crater base

The Dark Knight
    Batman & Robin
    Superman 2
    Batman v Superman
    Man Of Steel
    Catwoman
    Superman 4
    Well everyone can rest easy apparently Snyder is no longer in control of the DCU

http://www.batman-on-film.com/DC-Comics-on-Film_news_exec-shakeup-at-WB_5-18-16.html
    I predict success in their future.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well everyone can rest easy apparently Snyder is no longer in control of the DCU

http://www.batman-on-film.com/DC-Comics-on-Film_news_exec-shakeup-at-WB_5-18-16.html

The DCU couldn't have had hopes of creating a successful future of great films with Snyder fully at the helm.
    The best news ever. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Too bad they couldn't fire him as director of JL.
    Like I said I liked Snyder I did and I had no issues with him but popular opinion is what it is I don't envy the current group as they now have to get people to believe in their brand again after "Snyder mucked it up" and beat out marvel (just how wb and DC feels same with EON and MGM I personally wish rather then look at what other companies were doing I wish they would just focus on the here and now and develop good stories and good films and not care how much avengers made last year or what they are doing with their characters... Captain America is different from 007 who is different from batman let the three characters speak for them selves rather then be put into the same roles)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't entirely understand your downright slavish love for DC over Marvel. Which one put the gun to your head and threatened you? Marvel is doing exactly what you want DC to do, but you talk as if, because they're Marvel, they're doing it wrong and always will.
    I have followed alot of what Geoff Johns has done in DC, this is a good thing. I like BvS though we are talking about creative, Johns knows DC and created good DC. Please please get Timm and Dini involved also, p.s. Not read full article link playing up on my phone.
    I don't entirely understand your downright slavish love for DC over Marvel. Which one put the gun to your head and threatened you? Marvel is doing exactly what you want DC to do, but you talk as if, because they're Marvel, they're doing it wrong and always will.
    I simply said I want DC to what DC does best Eon to do what eon does best and marvel to do what marvel does best.

DC is simply not Marvel they have always been darker more adult then Marvel (at least since the 70's with Speedy being a heroin addict Batman having a ton more sex etc) and they should embrace darker tones in their films

My issue with marvel is apart from 2-3 films nothing has really impressed me and this world building stuff is getting to be too much because now stories don't even feel like one comeplete story you need to see all this other films and a tv show on a regular basis to understand what is going on... But if others like it great fantastic I will say so far Winter Soldier was the best marvel film and it comes in just second under Mission Impossible Rogue Nation in terms of espionage films. Others can disagree and that is fine I will see civil war at some point.

Eon well spectre stole the plot from Winter Soldier and literally it was one of he biggest mis steps the bond films have done... Is what it is lol

Like I said you all like marvel great enjoy it watch the show look at the Easter eggs see the giant story. If civil war fails to impress me I don't think I will even bother with avengers 3 and 4
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Interesting to see that of all who have ranked the Batman and Superman films so far, the only common thing is Superman IV dead last. Rightfully so.
    Interesting to see that of all who have ranked the Batman and Superman films so far, the only common thing is Superman IV dead last. Rightfully so.
    Yeah, at least Superman III was photographed nicely....
    :P
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    chrisisall wrote: »

Yes, but it had Richard Pryor, which causes all sorts of problems.
    chrisisall wrote: »

Yes, but it had Richard Pryor, which causes all sorts of problems.

Well, Superman IV had Gene Hackman, and it was still worse...
    ;)
    Gus Gorman The Movie: What happens when Richard Lester is given the reigns.
    "He [Lester] was always going for the gag." - Christopher Reeve
    Honestly, buff Christopher Reeve is the only good thing about part III.
    He literally looks like Superman jumped out of the comic book in that one!
    I love Lesters work on The Musketeers films, all out Lester just did not fit Superman. Pryor was hot property at the time, the producers wanted some of Brewsters Millions.