Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

Well my hope is it's a variation on the Hush story ark

With hush you get

Hush (the only Villsin who would need introduction and explanation however he gets that in the source material)
    Killer Croc (introduced in sucide squad)
    Joker (introduced in sucide squad)
    Harley Quinn (once again introduced in sucide squad)
    Ra's al ghul (introduced to the general public in batman begins and heck bringing back Neeson or Jason Issacs who provided the voice in under the hood or David Warner who did the voice in the animated series)
    Talia Al Ghul (sort of introduced in dark knight rises)
    Poison Ivy (introduced sadly in batman & robin but could be done much better)
    Riddler (general public knows him and should be played by Neal Patrick Harris)
    Cat woman (well known)

So not a huge amount of into time is needed on the villains.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Risico007 wrote: »
    http://batman-news.com/2016/05/01/batman-villain-cameos/

If this is true my theory is the next film is Batman: Hush and if that is true Doubleego to quote Sherlock Holmes "are you sure you want to play this game I am afraid you might loose" because hall H will be talking only about one thing and that is Batman: Hush

The only thing you need to be afraid of is looking silly yet again and losing a £500 bet, which by the way im still waiting for you to firm up the agreement on.
    From the very start I've kicked your ass day in day out when it comes to proving you wrong and irrespective of your please for me to not gloat or rub it in your face about me being right all the time, I've remained humble and abstained from subjecting you to harsh ridicule. So, you jump all over a piece of news and want to make careless big boy statements? Haha, keep it up and my disposition towards you may change when I inevitably and naturally prove you wrong yet again. Unlike you I'm confident and unwavering in my stance on this particular subject matter. This is a game you're having a hard time understanding the rules and instructions which is why you'll always lose.
    :)
    doubleoego wrote: »

If this is true my theory is the next film is Batman: Hush and if that is true Doubleego to quote Sherlock Holmes "are you sure you want to play this game I am afraid you might loose" because hall H will be talking only about one thing and that is Batman: Hush

The only thing you need to be afraid of is looking silly yet again and losing a £500 bet, which by the way im still waiting for you to firm up the agreement on.
    From the very start I've kicked your ass day in day out when it comes to proving you wrong and irrespective of your please for me to not gloat or rub it in your face about me being right all the time, I've remained humble and abstained from subjecting you to harsh ridicule. So, you jump all over a piece of news and want to make careless big boy statements? Haha, keep it up and my disposition towards you may change when I inevitably and naturally prove you wrong yet again. Unlike you I'm confident and unwavering in my stance on this particular subject matter. This is a game you're having a hard time understanding the rules and instructions which is why you'll always lose.

Let's go over this again

DC has won the last 3 comic cons on 1 film alone...

They will more then likely have a trailer for Wonder Woman and a teaser for justice league as well as an announcement of the new Batman film

Marvel has what? Infinity war part 1 .... Considering the average movie goer still has no clue who or what Thanos is yeah....(I do know what Thanos is though a blatant rip off on Darkseid..I mean they might as well get George Clooney to play Moon Knight.....)
    The only way Marvel can win Iron Man 4 with Liam Nesson providing the voice of Fing Fang Foom...

Marvel does that then they will win purely because Downey Jr,s iron man fighting a talking dragon....yeah that's it

But right now sorry what does marvel have? Oh right another needless reboot of Spider-Man-man (with the hottest Aunt May ever no wonder all the super villains keep kidnapping her)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

another needless reboot of Spider-Man-man (with the hottest Aunt May ever no wonder all the super villains keep kidnapping her)
    LOL!!!!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139

Let's go over this again

DC has won the last 3 comic cons on 1 film alone...

They will more then likely have a trailer for Wonder Woman and a teaser for justice league as well as an announcement of the new Batman film

Marvel has what? Infinity war part 1 .... Considering the average movie goer still has no clue who or what Thanos is yeah....(I do know what Thanos is though a blatant rip off on Darkseid..I mean they might as well get George Clooney to play Moon Knight.....)
    The only way Marvel can win Iron Man 4 with Liam Nesson providing the voice of Fing Fang Foom...

Marvel does that then they will win purely because Downey Jr,s iron man fighting a talking dragon....yeah that's it

But right now sorry what does marvel have? Oh right another needless reboot of Spider-Man-man (with the hottest Aunt May ever no wonder all the super villains keep kidnapping her)

Aunt May keeps getting kidnapped? Out of 5 movies she was kidnapped in 2 of them (the first 2 spider-man films)...played by 70 something year old Rosemary Harris so what does that havd to do with Tomei? Keep up, pal. Now, you can go over things as much as you like but the outcome in my favour isnt going to change. The onus is on you to secure yourself some sort of bragging rights which you've been hunting for and failed to achieve. Now, you can whinge all you like about Thanos, a character that's been around since 1973 but that wont change the fact that WB/DC made a movie that had superman, batman and wonder woman, characters the world knows in a film for the first time and blew it. Marvel can make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie and make it a resounding critical and financial success. So, you don't need to waste our time talking about Thanos and character recognition because Marvel have proven to take characters no one knows about and make them house hold names with oodles of goodwill. WB/DC are in damage control mode with their "trinity". Once again WB/DC have to rely on batman to TRY and save the day; as for them winning the last 3 cons with one film;.... Hahahahaha...ok, buddy; and your preemptive conceding of Marvel winning is mildly amusing.

BvS was a critical failure and a financial disaster that managed to massacre the WB/DC brand. Civil War alone has opened up in half the amount of territories that BvS did and yet it's total international gross in the same amount of time is slightly less than what BvS opened up to in total in all territories. So, understand if I'm unwilling to take your optimism in favour of WB/DC seriously. You're going on about spider-man being rebooted again, yet it was batman that killed the comic book movie genre in the first place, Nolan regards his bat films as an isolated subseries within the WB/DC stable because his work is supposedly too good to be associated with what WB/DC want to do in general with their characters. If you can't understand the significance of spider-man being rebooted under the new Marvel/Sony partnership that makes him part of the MCU then you might want to seriously rethink your stance on this whole comic con business becsuse like I said, I've kicked your ass all this time and guess what? It's not going to change. However, if your certain about how you see this playing out, then make the £500 bet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just do a movie adaptation of 'Batman: Arkham Asylum.' It'd not only be awesome, but you get the aforementioned villain cameos, for sure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    What, did I just read that Marisa Tomei is Aunt May? This may be the best news so far this year. Kidnap her, do whatever the hell you want with her, just make sure she's on screen often enough.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Maybe a 2nd Spidey reboot in 5 years can be seen as 'too much', but jesus christ. With the way the audience I was with roared every 18 seconds as Spidey's lines, 'Homecoming' may be the biggest hit, box office wise and critic wise, in the Spidey franchise. Maybe early to call it but I'm feeling confident on betting that Spidey will hit $1 billion next year.
    Downy Jr. appearing as Iron Man/Stark pretty much guarantees it @DaltonCraig007,
    Shrugs I still don't see the big deal curious to see who the villain will be two characters that have the best/most villains Batman and Spider-Man.

My hope is a unique and new villain for both solo films (batman should be hush and Kraven the Hunter for Spider-Man)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames I can't wait for your views on 'Civil War'. Hold on tight from the moment Spidey appears, I've never seen this combination of golden one-liners with such expert deliveries since Roger Moore retired from James Bond 30 years ago. I'm not too familar with this young actor playing Spiderman (I saw him in 'In The Heart of the Sea', and I have 'The Impossible' on Blu Ray), but damn is he good. Honestly the audience was roaring every 20 seconds or so at Spiderman. If he were 30 years older (he is 19, I believe) I'd so want him as James Bond - he could do it like Moore in TSWLM or OP efforlessly.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007, I will report back once I see it this Friday. I don't know too much about the young fella either.

I will say that I was one of the most disappointed with the 'reboot' starring Andrew Garfield. I much preferred the Maguire interpretation, despite the 'sappiness' of his on again off again dalliance with Mary Jane during the 3 films.

Spider Man 2 still remains one of my top 5 comic book adaptation experiences.

It's good to hear that Spidey is still a fan favourite despite the last two Sony films. He was my favourite Marvel comic book hero growing up and I think he's easily the most famous of their properties on the written page. A bullet proof character.
    @bondjames trust me, this young fella will make you forget Tobey Maguire. Just like Moore is the only Bond actor to make me forget about Sean Connery, since his take on the character is so personal and tailored to himself.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007, I will report back once I see it this Friday. I don't know too much about the young fella either.

I will say that I was one of the most disappointed with the 'reboot' starring Andrew Garfield. I much preferred the Maguire interpretation, despite the 'sappiness' of his on again off again dalliance with Mary Jane during the 3 films.

Spider Man 2 still remains one of my top 5 comic book adaptation experiences.

It's good to hear that Spidey is still a fan favourite despite the last two Sony films. He was my favourite Marvel comic book hero growing up and I think he's easily the most famous of their properties on the written page. A bullet proof character.

No 2 of the first trilogy is the best, I agree.
    I do like The Amazing Spider-Man, I think the second one was criticised too harshly overall. Garfield was a good Spidey imo.
    @bondjames the Spiderman in question in the 2nd batch of films was Andrew Garfield, I believe? He's the main actor in the new Mel Gibson directed film, 'Hacksaw Ridge' that comes out at the end of this year. I've been reading that this film is an 'absolute masterpiece', and that Gibson may finally have directed *the* World War 2 film that will show 'Saving Private Ryan' and Spielberg how it's done.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, I've only seen Garfield before in The Social Network, and he impressed me there. He's a good actor (I even have my eye on him for a future Bond some years down the road), but I just wasn't sold on his Spidey, even though I know quite a few people feel he was closer to the comic than Maguire (I felt just the opposite).

So Mel's directing a new film? He's also starring in Blood Father coming out soon. That's great. We've seen too little of him over the past 10 yrs, and it's a shame because he's got a lot to offer the industry as an actor and as a director imho. Hopefully he's also one undergoing a resurgence.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    =))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =)) great video
    ..... just remembered that Batman also likes his classic Aston Martin. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haha! Spot on.
    BvS really has become the laughing stock of this movie year. Sad.

But that video is just the best. Spot-on.
    That was fantastic
    I loved the movie, but even I thought it was funny that Bruce Wayne had to actually call Jack and tell him to evacuate!
    What, was he really that scared of getting fired for leaving work early? :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These are great too:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haha!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) Great videos.
    The second one could almost be an episode of Teen Titans Go!
    BLOODY FREAKING HILARIOUS AND GREAT =)) =)) =))
    "I was with Lois last night"....
    "Wonder Woman...oh yeahhh"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good heavens, lads. If you thought the face-palming was over, take a hit of this:

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932/zack-snyder-justice-league

:-&
    Good heavens, lads. If you thought the face-palming was over, take a hit of this:

Wow. Just...wow. This is worse than I could have imagined.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Wow. Just...wow. This is worse than I could have imagined.
    How many millions of dollars does it take to see the truth?
    Oh wait, elections go the same way.
    NEXT UP: President Trump funds the "Superman Teaches Wonder Woman Her Place" movie.
    Zack Snyder has not committed yet.
    JL will not even reach the miserable ticket sales numbers of BvS in Europe.
    How will it ever get at least to the break even point? It won't.
    JL is doomed but I'm sure Snyder is finished after JL has put the last coffin nail in his career.

It's all just sad.