Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks for the pics, @Creasy!

I hope he chomps on a stogie in the film- always a good look.
    You're welcome, @QBranch! He's looking very built, I get more and more excited with every shot I see of him.
    Hopefully this will banish all memories of Terminator Salvation...

Did you not care for it, either? It had its moments, but I really wish they had just stopped at T2.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Did you not care for it, either? It had its moments, but I really wish they had just stopped at T2.

3 major problems with it:

1. No Arnie (except for that CGI concoction)
    2. Starred Sam Worthington
    3. Directed by McG.
    I quite liked Salvation. I was really hoping we'd see more of the actual war like the snippets from the first two films. However, from what we know of this new film so far, I'm very excited.
    You know what...I just said that the film had its moments, but I think that's me being too generous. I'm going back on it and I can't think of one standout moment that I loved.

CGI Arnie, Sam Worthington is a terrible actor, McG sucks, way too much CGI, didn't care for the plot, ridiculous ending, even more CGI, etc.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The only thing about Salvation I liked was the visuals and the cool hand held computer John Conner used. other than that. Meh.
    Murdock wrote:
    The only thing about Salvation I liked was the visuals and the cool hand held computer John Conner used. other than that. Meh.

I thought the visuals were lacking. Way too much reliance on CGI that looked awful. The motorcycle chase (or whatever you call it) when they leave the gas station, I believe? That was terrible.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    The whole Sam Worthington plot felt unnecessary to me. It should have been more about John Connor and Reese.

AND they should have shown a Terminator go back in time. I remember seeing the movie opening night when the CGI Arnold popped up- as soon as I noticed he looked like the '1984 version' (the hair) I thought for sure he would be sent back in time after he slapped Christian Bale around for a bit. But nooooooooooo

*edit* I can't remember. Did they ever show John Connor give Reese the photograph of Sarah? Did they even show the photograph? I remember Linda Hamilton cameo'd her voice for those tapes, but not much else regarding her
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to this, do not miss a sequel to Salvation.
    Speaking of the Terminator 'slapping' Bale around a bit...why did he do that? They're Terminators, are they not built to absolutely slaughter and kill their intended targets? Bale was most certainly a target, so why did the Terminator throw him around and punch him here and there?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Speaking of the Terminator 'slapping' Bale around a bit...why did he do that? They're Terminators, are they not built to absolutely slaughter and kill their intended targets? Bale was most certainly a target, so why did the Terminator throw him around and punch him here and there?

You're right!

Didn't Bale end up getting stabbed in the heart anyway? What a missed opportunity- the T800 should have done THIS

Terminator.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote:

You're right!

Didn't Bale end up getting stabbed in the heart anyway? What a missed opportunity- the T800 should have done THIS

Terminator.jpg

Great photo that.

BIt of geek trivia but that's Brian Thompson who went on to play the villain in Stallone's Cobra.
    He was completely ruthless in the first 'Terminator,' slaughtering anyone in his path. Hell, I'm surprised he let the semi driver go when he commandeered the vehicle. That's exactly how it should have been in the third film, but he just slaps him around and takes his time, for some reason. Takes me out of the experience.
    ^ which gives me some hope for Genesis- since we'll be seeing that Terminator again!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,456
    ^ which gives me some hope for Genesis- since we'll be seeing that Terminator again!

You and I both! I don't think they've released the rating yet, have they? I'm reallllly hoping it ends up being R, but given the way Hollywood works these days, I'm sure it'll be PG-13.

http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-genesis-same-feel-terminator-2-arnold-schwarzenegger/

In this article, Schwarzenegger pretty much amps my excitement by stating that it has some great visual effects, but not over-the-top CGI like 'Thor' has (Alan Taylor is directing 'Genesis' and he also directed that, hence the comparison), with some parts that might make you say "Wow, how did they do that?"

He compares it to the same feel of T2 with lots of great action, but he still isn't sure which way the rating is going to go. It was once promised by an executive producer that it would be R-rated as "God and Cameron intended," but she pulled out of the project so things may have changed since then.
    I hope Genesis has some awesome music to accompany it. I like listening to the T1 soundtrack now and then. No doubt the main theme will return, but I want the tunnel chase theme to be in there too:

The tunnel chase theme is so intense and really heightens the excitement of the scene. In fact, some of the themes in the first film actually make parts of the movie scary for me, just because of how massive and domineering the Terminator. He's this gigantic, near-unstoppable force who has one mission.

Damn, all this talk gets me in the mood to watch it. I may watch the first two back-to-back today.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Damn, all this talk gets me in the mood to watch it. I may watch the first two back-to-back today.
    Same. I think my weekend has just been planned. ;)
    @QBranch, you and I both. ;-)

The first two 'Terminator' films just don't get tiring or repetitive to me. It's like the first two 'Alien' movies, they both bring something different to the table and are even better when watched back-to-back.

Ahh, hell, I'm starting the first one now. I can't keep waiting.
    Exactly. Both series prove that sequels can be as good- if not better than the first film.
    You know what scene I wouldn't mind them revisiting, since they're going back to 1984?

This one:

decaying-terminator.jpg

It's painfully bad in the first movie- but I wouldn't want some George Lucas style re-release either. This way we could at least see the scene more effectively
    You know what scene I wouldn't mind them revisiting, since they're going back to 1984?

This one:

decaying-terminator.jpg

It's painfully bad in the first movie- but I wouldn't want some George Lucas style re-release either. This way we could at least see the scene more effectively

Given the low budget and the technology available in 1984, I don't mind that scene.
    I hope they keep the CGI minimal though. Personally, I would rather see T-800s roaming around as animatronics, or even stop motion.
    Is Mickey Mouse in it?
    Is Mickey Mouse in it?
    I don't know. Ask @SteamboatWillyGalore.
    That's the thing, you CAN technically do more with CGI, but it almost always takes me out of the experience. Give me models, stop-motion, and animatronics any day of the week. Some of my favorite films utilize those.
    QBranch wrote:
    Is Mickey Mouse in it?
    I don't know. Ask @SteamboatWillyGalore.

It just says "James Page not found" when I click on that username. Was he banned or something?