ALIEN Franchise

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Covenant was not great in fact only watched it once since I bought it, Prometheus I at least found interesting and had rewatchability. I am suprised another film by Scott is getting green lit, I thought Covenant bombed at the box office?
    Couldn't agree more. I much prefer Prometheus. It's visually outstanding (with an exceptional score) despite other flaws, and I can't say the same for Covenant.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns The Phantom Planet
    edited October 2017 Posts: 8,763
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    I think we're led to believe that David somehow "built" them from ooze or whatever. Like making pots out of clay and lightening them to life or something. It's just bad.

I dread to think how many experiments Shaw incubated
    bondjames wrote: »
    Covenant was not great in fact only watched it once since I bought it, Prometheus I at least found interesting and had rewatchability. I am suprised another film by Scott is getting green lit, I thought Covenant bombed at the box office?
    Couldn't agree more. I much prefer Prometheus. It's visually outstanding (with an exceptional score) despite other flaws, and I can't say the same for Covenant.

Incidentally I ordered the Prometheus score last week its very good, I tried to rewatch Covenant last night and fell asleep
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Back on Earth
    On the one hand, you are upset that some of the mysteries from the first film get an explanation. On the other, you are upset you don t get explanations for everything in the latest.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    The cool thing about Alien was the mystery of the empty ship, the Space Jockey and those damn weird eggs in a seemingly never ending chamber. It's part of the appeal the not knowing. the mystery.

I have avoided Covenant for this reason and from the reviews and feedback I think I did the right thing.

When I sit and enjoy ALIEN I can do so without knowing the creatures entire history and its all the more effective.

Hate to say it but I think Scott's had his day. Lets hope he doesn't ruin his impressive legacy.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Alien/Aliens
    Alien Vs Predator (unrated)
    Prometheus
    then
    Resurrection
    Alien 3
    AVP: Requiem

Haven't seen Covenant yet but I might rent it.
  • Alien
    Aliens
    Alien Isolation (video game but so good)

That's all that matters imo. Enjoyed Prometheus at the time but Covenant has sort of tainted it for me now.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 8,763
    I have yet to watch the Alien vs Predator boxset Bluray I bought a few months back, I must get on that. After I have rewatched them I'll do a ranking, in fact I may do a Alienathon though which film should I start with :-?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya “We are thrilled to delay B25”
    Covenant
    Aliens
    Prometheus
    Alien

This is going to be.... very unpopular
  • Covenant
    Aliens
    Prometheus
    Alien

I'm thinking we nuke him from orbit guys. Only way to be sure.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Covenant
    Aliens
    Prometheus
    Alien

I'm thinking we nuke him from orbit guys. Only way to be sure.

F*kin A!
  • "Ridley Scott Still Swears He’s Making Another ‘Alien’ Movie"

And Kim Jong-un still swears he's going to nuke America.

Two things that nobody wants to happen and that, in all probability, won't. But they'll keep threatening.
    Oh I hope there is a sequel to covenant so they can wrap up he prequel trilogy and David’s charatcater
  • I stand corrected. How do you feel about Kim Jong-un?
    I also want another Scott movie, and Kim is just another state mafia leader.
    Oh I hope there is a sequel to covenant so they can wrap up he prequel trilogy and David’s charatcater
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/907143-third-alien-prequel-will-have-less-alien-more-robot-says-ridley-scott#/slide/1

• What a mess. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed Prometheus for what it was and was excited to see where they'd go with it. Just give up and leave it alone.
    Sounds great (sarcasm) so Scott is pulling away from themes that were glossed over and barely explored, so Prometheus 3 is likely to be called David.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    My rule has always been and will always be that there are two Alien films; Alien and Aliens. The rest don't exist.
  • I'm lucky to get 4: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I suppose I get three if I count Alien: Isolation, which I consider superior to either film. The story coupled with the excellent level and sound design top anything in the movies.
    I like 4. Alien
    Aliens
    Prometheus
    And covenant
    I like them all except Aliens, and the Scott films are the best.
  • I like them all except Aliens, and the Scott films are the best.

I'll raise a cup to that.

24fa62bfadfb2bbbdfbe26258449e7c5.gif

I do still like Aliens, but it is my least favorite of the tetralogy. Too much 80s shoot-em-up hoorah! and not enough "dark art" like the other three.
    Is that your coffee dispenser?
  • Yes, I prefer the more acidic blends.
    I like them all except Aliens, and the Scott films are the best.

I'll raise a cup to that.

24fa62bfadfb2bbbdfbe26258449e7c5.gif

I do still like Aliens, but it is my least favorite of the tetralogy. Too much 80s shoot-em-up hoorah! and not enough "dark art" like the other three.

Now their is a coffee machine I would buy!!! Lol!
    I still don´t have a lot of faith that Blomkamp would have made something terrific, but that concept art sure is terrific!