Last album you listened to?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you have great tastes in music!

Thanks it is very varied, I am running out of space for my CD's lol been buying more physical music again recently.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Unknown Soldier
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Thanks it is very varied, I am running out of space for my CD's lol been buying more physical music again recently.

I feel you there! I haven't bought physical music like this since I was in my early teens gobbling up every CD I remotely wanted. Dropped $20 at a local record shop the other day for my favorite Rick James album on vinyl and then the vinyl for AVTAK, both of which I'm stupidly excited to listen to.
    edited February 21 Posts: 23,369

I feel you there! I haven't bought physical music like this since I was in my early teens gobbling up every CD I remotely wanted. Dropped $20 at a local record shop the other day for my favorite Rick James album on vinyl and then the vinyl for AVTAK, both of which I'm stupidly excited to listen to.

I went the digital route for a several years though gone back to analogue, I did buy a record player last year so been able to listen to my LTK, MR, FRWL and LALD LP's that I kept. I continue to regret giving away all my other physical music media though slowly building it back up.

I wish I had AVTAK on LP, I had the Duran Duran single on 7 inch years ago.

Thankfully I kept all my Bond and John Barry CD's.
    Yeah I had a lengthy period where I ended up selling off most of my physical media - getting older, having a family and kids now, I just don't have the time for it, but the more money I make, the more I want to rebuild it. It's quite the tug of war.
    Yeah I had a lengthy period where I ended up selling off most of my physical media - getting older, having a family and kids now, I just don't have the time for it, but the more money I make, the more I want to rebuild it. It's quite the tug of war.

I did not even sell it i just left boxes and boxes of stuff when I moved and threw out a lot also, it is all relative I was in a different stage in my life at the time, for over a decade films and music and gaming I had not much interest in.

Though to be fair as I continue to revisit stuff I neglected I am enjoying rediscovering.

I intentionally don't watch Bond films for a year maybe more just so when i watch them again it almost feels like watching for the first time again.
    Hey, that happens, plus hindsight is 20/20 and all that. I have lots of stuff I'm sure I would've preferred to have held onto instead of ditching or selling away.

That's a good approach when it comes to Bond and I've done the same thing. It doesn't really yield me any surprises still but it's a lot better than being constantly burnt out on them. Now, I keep myself limited to one Bondathon a year, typically in November.
    What's Happening Brother
    Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
    edited February 25 Posts: 23,369
    Wah-Wah (2014 Remaster)

Clapton is absolutely amazing here.
    Brian May says 'Hold my beer'...

Queen - Brighton Rock - Sheer Heart Attack

The intro always reminds me of Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train.

Jimi says 'Move over rover, let Jimi take over'...

Fire
    Queen - Stone Cold Crazy - Sheer Heart Attack

I always preferred Queens 70's albums another awesome track 'Brian May, Brian May'. Though they did end with a masterpiece Album Innuendo...

Queen - Innuendo

Cream - Badge

Derek And The Dominos - Layla

Peak Clapton, one of the greatest tracks ever.

Behind the Mask
    Eric Clapton, Billy Preston - Isn't It a Pity (Live, Concert for George)

It does not get much better than this.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Excellent selections from the great Marvin Gaye @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I approve!!!

Since today, February 25th, would have been George Harrison's 81st birthday, I've been listening to his Beatle and solo stuff all day.

What can I say ..... =D>

Dwayne wrote: »
    Excellent selections from the great Marvin Gaye @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I approve!!!

Since today, February 25th, would have been George Harrison's 81st birthday, I've been listening to his Beatle and solo stuff all day.

What can I say ..... =D>

Its pretty special... these people are the greatest of all time.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns : you may find this interesting.

Leonard Bernstein talks about the Beatles (April 1967)
    edited February 28 Posts: 23,369
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns : you may find this interesting.

Leonard Bernstein talks about the Beatles (April 1967)

It takes talent to correctly articulate other great talent strengths.
    Thriller

The production on this 42 year Album is outstanding, I can't believe it is almost 42 years since I first watched the Thriller video on The Tube with Jools Holland and Paula Yates.
    Synchronicity
  • edited March 2 Posts: 12,269
    Thriller and Synchronicity! Two of my favorite albums - great choices!
  • ForbseyForbsey Hampshire
    In spite of being a lifelong fan,I got my first Stevie Wonder album the other day (talking book). I’ve seen him live before and was even (30 years ago) in a band that did a cover of superstition.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Thriller and Synchronicity! Two of my favorite albums - great choices!

Great albums, I have been revisiting a lot of 80's musoc, that era gets better as time passes.I recently bought a 6 CD boxes set called best of the 80's which has 10b tracks on,
    Duran Duran - Planet Earth

Forbsey wrote: »
    In spite of being a lifelong fan,I got my first Stevie Wonder album the other day (talking book). I’ve seen him live before and was even (30 years ago) in a band that did a cover of superstition.

You can't go wrong with Stevie, I have the majoity of his albums Innervisions and Fulfillingness' First Finale are favorites of mine 2 of the earliest LP's I ever bought.

That reminds me I need to get Jungle Fever on CD, that is another great Stevie Wonder Album I once had it on cassette.

Stevie Wonder - Queen In The Black
    Now I'm Here - Queen Live In Wembley Stadium 11th July 1986 (4K - 60 FPS)

Watching the full concert, its been years since I watch this in its entirety, still a brilliant performance.
    Tom Jones & The Divine Comedy- All Mine.

Got a bit of a Bond vibe this track.
    edited March 5 Posts: 23,369
    Listening to the compilation double CD album Forever Mod, some great tracks on here...
    forever-mod-forever-mod.jpg

The Crawl

Dave Brubeck, The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (Audio)

Like Young
    Grandmaster Flash - White Lines

Listening to The Message: The best of Grandmaster Flash and the Sugarhill Gang reminds be of my skate boarding and BMX days back in the 80's.
    Kissing My Love

One of the most underrated artist's, top tier IMO.