Last album you listened to?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LIGETI: VOLUMINA
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,102
    The Jacksons featuring Michael Jackson - Show You The Way To Go • TopPop
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Thats the Way of the World

This track is GOD mode.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    The just released Super Deluxe Box Set of The Beatles’ 1966 album REVOLVER.

While Giles Martin’s new remix improves the sound balance of many of the tracks, the real delight here is in the out-takes and alternative versions. In addition, as with all of the prior box set remixes (Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be), the accompanying hard bound book provides lots of recording details, rare photos and historical context.

Plus, we get a couple of all-new music videos to enjoy!

….yeah. The lads – John, Paul, George and Ringo – were that good.
    ^:)^
    Dwayne wrote: »
    The just released Super Deluxe Box Set of The Beatles’ 1966 album REVOLVER.

While Giles Martin’s new remix improves the sound balance of many of the tracks, the real delight here is in the out-takes and alternative versions. In addition, as with all of the prior box set remixes (Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be), the accompanying hard bound book provides lots of recording details, rare photos and historical context.

Plus, we get a couple of all-new music videos to enjoy!

….yeah. The lads – John, Paul, George and Ringo – were that good.
    ^:)^

One of my favorite Beatles albums though they are all good to be fair :)) Love the video, what was the other video that they recently made?
    FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY_INITIAL COMMAND
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,598
    Same here @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I like them all, but I’m partial to Abbey Road. Being asked to pick your favorite Beatles’ song or LP reminds me of an old joke.

Q: What is your favorite Beatles’ song?
    A: The one that is playing right now.

BTW: With some exceptions, the same response could be applied to Bond films….I tend to enjoy even the not so good ones (minus DAD)!

The first video posted in conjunction with the new REVOLVER Box Set was “Taxman.”

And one of my favorite outtakes (so far!) is the second version of “Got to Get You Into My Life.” Note the guitars.

SNAPPED ANKLES_COME PLAY THE TREES
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Night And Day (Live In Paris/1962)
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Fat Larry's Band - Zoom

Great track.
    DJ Shadow - Dark Days
    Right now, I'm on a Texas binge, listening to the albums I have just bought last week. Just ended The Conversation. I also bought Charlene Spiteri's two solo albums, but I haven't had the time to listen to them yet. Now, all I have to do is to buy the group's last two albums, and my collection will be complete.
    Michael Jackson - Money (Audio)
    Pink Floyd - Time / The Great Gig in the Sky (8D audio)
    Shine a Little Love
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Great/Big war movie themes. Lawrence of Arabia. Geoff Love
    Depeche Mode’s Memento Mori. Honestly, for me this was the first truly great DM album since Songs of Faith and Devotion (yes, I’m not big on the popular album Ultra). Their music to me took a big dive for a very long time, but this new album was a majestic achievement, so I added it to my collection alongside the first 8 albums of theirs. Ghosts Again makes me want to cry. My favorite track though is the cynical masterpiece People Are Good.

Spirits In The Material World

Synchronicity I
    Excellent choices.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Excellent choices.

Bought them today on CD, I had a lot of The Police music on vinyl years ago, still in the process of getting much of the music i once owned back.
    Excellent choices.

Bought them today on CD, I had a lot of The Police music on vinyl years ago, still in the process of getting much of the music i once owned back.

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Move-You-Make-Recordings/dp/B07VW3XZ2N

I got this lovely, compact collection some time ago. Best way I could find to have everything from the band neatly organized - a step up from the Message in a Box set that I used to have. It's nicer having the albums still separated while having everything.
    Excellent choices.

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Move-You-Make-Recordings/dp/B07VW3XZ2N

I got this lovely, compact collection some time ago. Best way I could find to have everything from the band neatly organized - a step up from the Message in a Box set that I used to have. It's nicer having the albums still separated while having everything.

That's a nice collection I have a similar The Doors boxset to that.

I currently only have 3 The Police albums the other being Zenyatta Mondatta (Remastered). Timeless intelligent music really enjoying revising the 2 albums above.
    Neat! I love The Police albums, but the last two are my favorites, with my very favorite track of theirs being King of Pain (an all-time favorite song for sentimental reasons). In a way, it's a shame they didn't stick together longer, but also a blessing as it allowed them to remain a perfect 5 for 5 in their albums before things would have a chance to fall apart. Copeland is simply one of my all-time favorite drummers / musicians.
    Neat! I love The Police albums, but the last two are my favorites, with my very favorite track of theirs being King of Pain (an all-time favorite song for sentimental reasons). In a way, it's a shame they didn't stick together longer, but also a blessing as it allowed them to remain a perfect 5 for 5 in their albums before things would have a chance to fall apart. Copeland is simply one of my all-time favorite drummers / musicians.

Just put King of Pain on now great track, I also have The Very Best of Sting and The Police that's a great listen I like a lot of Sting's solo tracks also.

As a Queen fan Roger Taylor gets my vote as favorite drummer.
    The Police - When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around

Great track and very apt these days.
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc

You and I have such similar taste!
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc

You and I have such similar taste!

Great album, I am a fan of Blur also. I pretty much stopped listening to new music that came after Demon Days in the mid noughties.

I am clueless when it comes to current artists and Band's.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Just read Gorillaz released a new album this year, I had no idea will have to give it a listen. There are a few Gorillaz albums I have not listened to looking on Google, will have to buy them.