Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Season 3 is a gift to long time Star Trek fan's, a special gift from a Creator who clearly loves ST as much as we do.

Watching Ep 6 again as a fan of wessels I geeked out lol

I will die happy after watching this season it means a lot.

Worf and Riker are on fire.

God this episode is awesome, the deepest part of me felt overwhelmed with emotion in one particular scene, this is top tier Star Trek.

I have rewound one particular scene about 10 times as it blew my mind, it was like going to
    Star Ship heaven.
    or actually just heaven, the score was amazing.

Oh man this is good.

The Seven scene is amazing.

My eyes keep welling up, there are so many layers to the story telling here.
    'You will just have to add it to my tab'.
    I lost the plot in hysterics at that line :))

Jerry Goldsmith's theme playing during a particular scene at the end, heavy.
    When Data said 'Geordi'
    I broke down in tears in a good sense, as a kid I loved TNG I have watched those episodes hundreds of times.

I taped TNG on 3HR VHS tapes, I had hundreds of tapes of TNG, DS9, V and E.

OMG, we seriously reach.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Season 3 is a gift to long time Star Trek fan's, a special gift from a Creator who clearly loves ST as much as we do.

Watching Ep 6 again as a fan of wessels I geeked out lol

I will die happy after watching this season it means a lot.

Worf and Riker are on fire.

God this episode is awesome, the deepest part of me felt overwhelmed with emotion in one particular scene, this is top tier Star Trek.

I have rewound one particular scene about 10 times as it blew my mind, it was like going to
    Star Ship heaven.
    or actually just heaven, the score was amazing.

Oh man this is good.

The Seven scene is amazing.

My eyes keep welling up, there are so many layers to the story telling here.
    'You will just have to add it to my tab'.
    I lost the plot in hysterics at that line :))

Jerry Goldsmith's theme playing during a particular scene at the end, heavy.
    When Data said 'Geordi'
    I broke down in tears in a good sense, as a kid I loved TNG I have watched those episodes hundreds of times.

I taped TNG on 3HR VHS tapes, I had hundreds of tapes of TNG, DS9, V and E.

OMG, we seriously reach.

We have had years of crap ST, we have just got some great ST and we may never get great ST again, I am going to enjoy it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I only have time right now to watch an episode at a time, but a mate of mine has been rewatching all the Picard S3 episodes to date; on the second watches, he’s pausing and checking out all the Easter eggs and details they’ve put in.

Including the storage of the remains of a certain member of the OST family…

Just amazing work the Picard team has done. Every episode is impossibly better and more gut churning than the one before. Remarkable stuff…
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Especially hyped for LOWER DECKS

I’ll have to give PRODIGY a shot soon. Haven’t heard a bad thing of that one, at least.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Strange New Worlds coming out just in time for my birthday!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    zebrafish wrote: »

I enjoyed the first season its definitely a boxset i will buy, it looks like I will be subscribing to Paramount+ again very soon I just wish we were getting 4K in the UK.
    Picard is staying great. They are ending the series in style! Definitely getting this season on blu ray when it comes out!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,336
    Picard Season 3 episode 7 was the weakest though a necessary part of the story, Episode 8 was great and very emotional for very obvious reasons. I love Star Trek, the real Star Trek.

The 2 episode finale to come can't wait, I hear its playing in limited IMAX theaters.

Not sure who the Big Bad is yet though I am racking my brain and even considering
    TOS 'Ancient Villains', though they are likely to be connected to Picard TNG era. Unless its just the reawakening of the great link or The Pah-wraiths.
    Picard Season 3 episode 9 OMG what have I just watched, that was one of the greatest things ever. I can't remember the last time I laughed and cried uncontrollably that was insane.
    R. I. P. Admiral Shelby, another great cameo.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Picard Season 3 episode 9 OMG what have I just watched, that was one of the greatest things ever. I can't remember the last time I laughed and cried uncontrollably that was insane.

Agreed. I lost my mind watching it. I don't remember the last time I broke out into applause for a tv series...
    peter wrote: »

Agreed. I lost my mind watching it. I don't remember the last time I broke out into applause for a tv series...

I think we are incredibly lucky to get something of this quality so many years later, I was in shock after the episode finished. I think this 10 episode story is something we will all watch many times over in years to come.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Episodes 7 and 8 went by rather sluggishly and could easily have been shortened for the sake of pace. Your enthusiasm is a good sign we are nearing the conclusion of a season that started very strong, then lost focus and is now set to prepare the legacy for the old TNG crew.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I think we are incredibly lucky to get something of this quality so many years later, I was in shock after the episode finished. I think this 10 episode story is something we will all watch many times over in years to come.

I’m with you @Fire_and_Ice_Returns … the last ten minutes felt like the most incredible and unexpected gift to the fans, wrapped in a beautiful, silk bow.

And I was thinking the same as you: this season was so tight and on point it will have tremendous rewatch value.

I got very, very sentimental with the big reveal, and, as I said earlier, I don’t remember the last time I applauded a tv show (especially when I had welling tears, 😂. I’m a sucker for well done nostalgia. They got me hard)…
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2023 Posts: 14,951
    It's absolutely perfect. It's proper fanwank, with the best baddies all teaming up to destroy Starfleet and Earth, but it's what we all want as a proper climax to 90's Trek. Captain Picard saves the world from everyone: yes please.

This is how you do fan-pleasing right: looking at you Ghostbusters Afterlife. The way they've made various legacy plot strands entwine and make sense in a totally satisfying way (Picard hearing them in First Contact!) that you almost think it was planned all along is a touch of genius: I can only think of Steven Moffat doing this sort of thing before.

And that, weirdly, this is the season which had the lowest budget, but which will easily be the one remembered by fans the longest, is kind of bonkers.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @mtm nailed it. Proper fanwank done beautifully… (and I don’t feel cheap and used after, 😂).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I’m with you @Fire_and_Ice_Returns … the last ten minutes felt like the most incredible and unexpected gift to the fans, wrapped in a beautiful, silk bow.

I must admit, this series has been playing so hard on the 'give the fans everything they want' angle (Kirk is alive! Data comes back and finally gets to be human!) that I did fully expect that (especially when Alandra mentioned hangar 12 in an earlier episode)... but that didn't dilute it. It just hits every note perfectly. Might watch it again right now in fact...
    I’m a sucker for well done nostalgia. They got me hard)…

Yikes! I mean, I enjoyed it too, but I don't enjoy Star Trek that much....

;)

• peterpeter Toronto
    mtm wrote: »

I must admit, this series has been playing so hard on the 'give the fans everything they want' angle (Kirk is alive! Data comes back and finally gets to be human!) that I did fully expect that (especially when Alandra mentioned hangar 12 in an earlier episode)... but that didn't dilute it. It just hits every note perfectly. Might watch it again right now in fact...
    I’m a sucker for well done nostalgia. They got me hard)…

Yikes! I mean, I enjoyed it too, but I don't enjoy Star Trek that much....

;)

A genuine 😂… Full marks, 😂!!!

After so much so-so stuff, this is a GIFT. Now I can even watch Nemisis without anger!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, it is actually retrospectively improving and rehabilitating some of the dodgier bits of Trek, isn't it? That's quite impressive.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2023 Posts: 16,330
    mtm wrote: »
    Yes, it is actually retrospectively improving and rehabilitating some of the dodgier bits of Trek, isn't it? That's quite impressive.

"Any man who could manage such a feat, I would not dare disappoint."
    QCBYAwrl.png

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I couldn't help but think though...

FttbD-EWcAAk3l6?format=jpg&name=small
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I do like the bit where Geordi says “obviously we can’t use the Enterprise E” and then everyone slowly looks over at Worf and he replied “THAT was not my fault”. Even when they get in the D he’s still saying “I still think the E was better”.

One nitpick: I wish they had restored the bridge to how it looked in GENERATIONS with the more cinematic lighting and upgraded consoles. I thought that was the best it looked. But I understand why they went with the TV show version.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I do like the bit where Geordi says “obviously we can’t use the Enterprise E” and then everyone slowly looks over at Worf and he replied “THAT was not my fault”. Even when they get in the D he’s still saying “I still think the E was better”.

I quite like that the inference from that was: 'Obviously we have to use one called 'Enterprise'. Because although the galaxy is in imminent danger, we're not going to spoil our style'
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have to say that I prefer the look of the Enterprise E but I do think the D has more effect for this story.
    I prefer the Enterprise E though agree it had to be Enterprise D for this great series.

One of my favourite Next Gen Movie scenes, Enterprise E looks phenomenal as is Jerry Goldsmith's score...
    Picard Season 3 episode 9 second watch, I was so locked into the final part of the episode I almost forgot how well everything else fits together, there are some incredible scenes in this episode.

My sound cuts out a lot watching this series, my smart home wake word is COMPUTER I keep forgetting to put my speakers on mute whilst watching this :))

Chills this is amazing, the Grand Finale they deserve. Over the years I have grown to tolerate Nemesis more I guess though it was never a great send off by any stretch.
    Picard Season 3 episode 9 second watch, I was so locked into the final part of the episode I almost forgot how well everything else fits together, there are some incredible scenes in this episode.

My sound cuts out a lot watching this series, my smart home wake word is COMPUTER I keep forgetting to put my speakers on mute whilst watching this :))

Chills this is amazing, the Grand Finale they deserve. Over the years I have grown to tolerate Nemesis more I guess though it was never a great send off by any stretch.

Yes, THEY and WE deserved this send off!
    chrisisall wrote: »

Yes, THEY and WE deserved this send off!

Exactly, TOS had The Undiscovered Country which I think I will watch now. TNG never got that until this amazing season.
    Star Trek III Search for Spock - Stealing the Enterprise 1080p

I watched this for the first time 40 years ago, It is still incredible.

After Wrath of Khan never in my life have I ever wanted to see the next film in the series so much. The Search for Spock was a profound moment in my life as a kid..

James Horner's score is god mode.

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC_1701 amazing, my favorite Star Ship.