Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A deleted scene from 'Star Trek: Beyond' has been released, along with details for the blu-ray:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-beyond-deleted-scene/
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 6,432
    SRV_PAC_Bluray_2D_Oslv-DMUB_v2.png
    Includes twelve classic episodes which relate to the behind the scenes material, three disks never before seen footage.

This is a must buy.
    I have just purchased the complete original series on dvd. Woo!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I finally saw "Beyond" last night and really enjoyed it. The uproar surrounding the first teaser trailer suddenly became majorly unwarranted.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Fuller has produced wonderful shows but all flopped and were cancelled after a couple of seasons.

He is certainly not the right choice. Now he's more or less gone and the Pilot has been pushed back.

Furthermore wherever I go (Star Trek fan forums) I only read one thing. NOBODY likes the new series to be AGAIN a pre-Kirk show.
    It failed once, it will fail the second time around.

It's the ultimate riddle of the universe why they chose to repeat the capital mistake they made with Enterprise.

Having said this I LOVE Enterprise and I will cherish every single new episode of a Star Trek Universe.
    But I am quite worried that the new show will do the franchise (TV) in for good.
    I was digging Enterprise but the talking heads trashed it prior to its being cancelled after just four seasons. I always liked Captain Archer and the rest of the crew were unique in their own way.

As for the evolution of the series, I was really impressed with the uniforms worn from ST 2 thru ST 6. The uniforms in TMP were fancy and cool in their own way but I wish they had spent more on the plot development and writing and less on the uniforms.

I enjoyed Into Darkness and I think that Beyond rocks, however I had that strange feeling I had after seeing it. Not unlike the feeling I experienced after watching SPECTRE. I could not help this sinking feeling that it was Craig's final film and I feel that Beyond might be the last of the Abrams Star Trek rebooted films.
    the cast was top notch and everyone was up for this one but I could not help this gut feeling I have. I could be wrong, there may be another in 3-4 years. Really?

The early films were usually two years apart, the longer wait could harked the end of the cinematic series for good.
    We'll see.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I believe a forth Kelvin Timeline Star Trek film is in the works already.
    Star Trek 14 is already in pre-production and Chris Hemsworth will reprise his role as George Kirk.
    That last part wasn't really confirmed though. I think that's what J.J. wanted for the next one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Includes twelve classic episodes which relate to the behind the scenes material, three disks never before seen footage.

This is a must buy.

Must. Bye bye money....
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »

This is a must buy.

Must. Bye bye money....

Not released here in UK until December 5th, early Christmas present to self me thinks will be £30 well spent

Birdleson wrote: »
    I think it's time to rematch all three Seasons of STAR TREK. Certainly one of the three or four greatest things ever made for television.

Midway through season one I like to watch them every two or three years, the rewatchability of Star Trek is second to none.

Agree when Gene was not as involved the quality dropped, budgets and scripts are noticeably of a lessor quality in Season 3
    Just watched Star Trek Beyond and I REALLY liked it!!! Wife & Son loved it as well.
    It had that 'Trek' feel that the other two seemed to me to be missing.
    AND...
    I just got this in the post today:
    4mP5NOI.jpg
    A Wand Co. phaser.
    THIS
    IS
    ART.
    Wes, are you ready for perfection-? :-O
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Just watched Star Trek Beyond and I REALLY liked it!!! Wife & Son loved it as well.
    It had that 'Trek' feel that the other two seemed to me to be missing.
    AND...
    I just got this in the post today:
    4mP5NOI.jpg
    A Wand Co. phaser.
    THIS
    IS
    ART.
    Wes, are you ready for perfection-? :-O

Nice 'Phasers on stun, Kirk out!'

Where can I get one? :O I love that case!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,691
    Murdock wrote: »
    Where can I get one? :O I love that case!
    Amazon, Star Trek.com... this one came gently used from eBay missing the Federation screwdriver & instruction booklet so that took about $30 off the retail price but after seeing it in person I should have shelled out the dough. F**k, I may just get another brand new. I'll just put away $10 a week for 15 or 16 weeks... B-)
    Seriously, this is the coolest thing I ever bought that wasn't something I had to correct in some way. I've never owned such a lush & awesome prop like this before.
    The hunt begins!
    Murdock wrote: »
    The hunt begins!

Good hunting!
    Thanks for that! Great stuff on one of my faves!
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Great stuff on one of my faves!

It's a interesting read, good old fashioned film making. As much as I like Eddie Murphy from the 80s, I am glad that he did not appear in the film.

edited November 2016 Posts: 9,020
    This arrived today :D

full.jpg
    full.jpg

From the Cutting Room Floor to Your Living Room! During the production of Star Trek: The Original Series, bits and pieces of footage were left on the cutting room floor, then stored away in film cans for decades by the Gene Roddenberry Estate. Now, in celebration of the show’s 50th Anniversary, The Roddenberry Vault has finally been opened. Along with 12 of their favorite episodes, fans can see and own behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the series as well as alternate takes, deleted scenes, omitted dialogue, outtakes, and original visual FX elements.

me in one of my many uniforms :D

full.jpg
  • This arrived today :D

full.jpg
    full.jpg

From the Cutting Room Floor to Your Living Room! During the production of Star Trek: The Original Series, bits and pieces of footage were left on the cutting room floor, then stored away in film cans for decades by the Gene Roddenberry Estate. Now, in celebration of the show’s 50th Anniversary, The Roddenberry Vault has finally been opened. Along with 12 of their favorite episodes, fans can see and own behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the series as well as alternate takes, deleted scenes, omitted dialogue, outtakes, and original visual FX elements.

me in one of my many uniforms :D

full.jpg
    Available in UK on December 5th pre ordered mine as price has dropped, looks a decent set hope there are some retrospective interviews also?
    YAY BEYOND ARRIVED complete with little ships :D

full.jpg
    full.jpg
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,985
    Missed Star Trek Beyond at the cinema, so got the BD the other day.

Very enjoyable. Funny, suspenseful and a good little story that harks back to TNG.

some of the CGI was a bit cartoony in places but overall some excellent effects. And I'm sure the Beastie Boys moment had die-hard Trekkies crying into their plastic Tri-corders.

Personally having Star Trek paired with The Beastie Boys made the hairs on my neck stand up! (In a good way..)
    I am a die-hard Trekkie.
    I love the Beastie Boys.
    That moment in Beyond was a huge audiovisual orgasm. My whole body trembled of excitement (and of Dolby Atmos :P )
    Look at this: High quality cards (size of the box) in the latest Star Trek release The Animated Series Blu-ray Box:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 some of those designs remind me of your art
    @Murdock @chrisisall and other Trekkies

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg