Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'll be ready for it! :D
    uuRXfzyl.jpg?1
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Make it so...yes, I know a different era ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Did anybody else see the ship that looked an awful lot like the Enterprise-era Enterprise?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Star Trek Beyond Trailer 2! Looks friggin awesome!
    I had to stop watching another trailer giving too much away, I have to learn to stop watching these things entirely. As for the film take my money now!

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I have only seen the first trailer and won't see any others. Only two months away. This will be the highlight of the year for me.
    I'll be going in my Captain Kirk (Pine) Uniform :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Did anybody else see the ship that looked an awful lot like the Enterprise-era Enterprise?

I noticed that, if so a nice touch.

Maybe Admiral Archer will whip Kirk's ass for having done things to his Beagle. Would be nice to see Bakula in a cameo, now that Spock isn't possible anymore.

There is a history of cameos.
    The Holodoc in First Contact. Admiral Janeway in Nemesis.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Can't wait to see it. :D
    I'll go see it. Looks OK to me. Still don't like the Beastie Boys song in a Trek movie, it would be like having Gregorian chanting as James Bond's favourite music of choice in this century. Why wouldn't Kirk have a more modern song as his favourite music?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Star-trek-Beyond-1-600x909.jpg

ST-Poster_1-570x800.jpg

:-?
    Will there be lots of Kirk Units in this one? :P
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Posted Motion Picture Poster above, can't quite put my finger on it something is very familiar :-?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I can't wait to watch this after TSWLM, so it really can be ......
    ... "Bond and Beyond !". :)
    MPW-34229

Used to have that poster many years ago.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I have to admit, despite my reservations, that poster looks cool. Still, it's indicative of what's wrong with Star Trek these days : no originality. Give me something fresh, please. I like these actors but I don't want to see rehashed adventures of Kirk and Spock.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 3,333
    Robert "Bob" M. Peak's posters always looked classy. I have both Trek and TSWLM original posters in my vintage collection. He also did Our Man Flint and Modesty Blaise movie posters long before he did the Bond ones.
    My thoughts also the poster does look good, though the fact Pine has the exact pose as Shatner is right on the nose.
    Personally I'm eternally thankful to JJ Abrams for making sure the Star Trek movie franchise successfully lives on.

Beyond looks like it could be the best yet. You can see that all people involved do this for fun and not the big money. Simon Pegg is a die-hard trekkie and a sci-fi nerd since forever (just watch his utterly fantastic tv show SPACED which he did long ago before Shaun Of The Dead.

The fact that he is now a driving force behind the Trek universe is multiple dreams come true.

Pegg about Phantom Menace, bloody hilarious
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q4TX6x2WLgk"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 3,333
    The real irony here, @BondJasonBond006, is that Simon Pegg made a CGI appearance in the worst Star Wars movie of them all... The Force Awakens.
    bondsum wrote: »
    The real irony here, @BondJasonBond006, is that Simon Pegg made a CGI appearance in the worse Star Wars movie of them all... The Force Awakens.

OMG yes :)) I really would like to know what Pegg thinks of TFA. That'll be interesting :)
    He's probably contractually obliged to say only good things.
    :))

full.gif
    Murdock wrote: »
    Star Trek Beyond Trailer 2! Looks friggin awesome!

That looks epic! Count me in again!!! :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondsum wrote: »
    The real irony here, @BondJasonBond006, is that Simon Pegg made a CGI appearance in the worst Star Wars movie of them all... The Force Awakens.

That looked more like a costume to me, honestly.

There was also a moment in Spaced where Tim (Pegg's character) said "As sure as every odd-numbered Star Trek movie is shit". He remarked on this irony around the time of Trek 09's release.
    It was a costume. No CGI at all.
    simon-pegg-unkar-plutt-the-force-awakens-rev-2-news.jpg
    I thought so. My brother and I saw the film together, and I was the only one that recognized Pegg.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pretty sure that it received a little CG, but yes, 90-95% of that was all practical effects and a huge costume. I had no idea that Pegg played him for the longest time.
    Probably just a little CG to free up the face somewhat. They did the same with Spock Prime's face in Trek 09.
    Ok, guys. Maybe I should have said: The real irony here, @BondJasonBond006, is that Simon Pegg made a costumed appearance in the worst Star Wars movie of them all... The Force Awakens? I've got to admit I didn't follow the making of TFA before the movie came out as I didn't want spoilers to ruin my enjoyment on the first day. However, since watching it I'm no longer interested in how this tribute act was made.

On another note, and this is Star Wars related so don't shoot me coz I know this is a Trek page - there's a great article on Den of Geek about Leigh Brackett and her first draft of The Empire Strikes Back. I didn't realise she had written the story pretty much as it finally stands (apart from the Vader reveal) before Lawrence Kasdan was called in to make rewrites after her untimely death.

denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/251045/star-wars-leigh-brackett-and-the-empire-strikes-back-you-never-saw
    pachazo wrote: »
    I have to admit, despite my reservations, that poster looks cool. Still, it's indicative of what's wrong with Star Trek these days : no originality. Give me something fresh, please. I like these actors but I don't want to see rehashed adventures of Kirk and Spock.

The funny thing is: We don't ask that from "Star Wars", do we ;-). Obviously "Star Wars" can have the same style of posters that they used in the past, but for "Star Trek" it seems to be a no-go. How...unfair.