Keeping track of befriended members

Comments

• I miss @007RogerMoore. I always thought he was funny. Anybody remember when he started a thread asking for JW Pepper back? Or when he predicted Ibrahimovic would score 17 goals against Barcelona? He was mental but he made me laugh.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Or when he predicted Ibrahimovic would score 17 goals against Barcelona? He was mental but he made me laugh.

Ibra scored 4 goals last night ;)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 157
    I believe that was Scashy/TheScashMan. Those of us from the days of Keeping the British End Up will remember him and his dozens of accounts. He often disappears off the grid, only to appear again briefly.

Obviously I can't link to KTBEU posts, but here he is at DCINB and ajb007.
    Seriously, Bond23 will be a let down. Just another pointless action flick with no sense of drama or realism.

The only decent Bond films were filmed between 1972-1985. That era alone should set the benchmark for future films. There is no point even watching Bond23 UNLESS the crew start using the old methods of filming and bring back Roger Moore, Christopher Lee and Richard Kiel (at the bare minimum!).

Bond23 is going to be terrible. Yes, going by the poor excuses that have passed for Bond films after 1985, this is a certainty. Ian Fleming (I am certain of this) would have been appalled to see his franchise treated with such flippancy.

I am also confident he would have been disgusted at so-called ''fans'' who lap up these poor excuses of films and rate them highly on renowned websites like imdb, amazon etc. Unless Eon go back to basics, Bond will be seen a pathetic franchise in the minds of REAL fans!
    Now listen up: Sir Rog was the only actor worthy of playing Bond and I have explained why elsewhere. Bond23 NEEDS to re-instate Moore as he is still alive and well and is clearly able to pull off another round or two (perhaps more!) as made clear via his recent post office ad.
    Sir Rog will probably be around until well past 100. He is in great shape and can still handle the role.

Everyone on his forum should be ashamed they have not united to petition Eon with hundreds of signatures DEMANDING Eon re-make every Bond film that Moore was not involved with, and to re-instate him immediately. That way, we get all of Flemings works delivered with the finest Bond of all. Plus, bringing back legends like Lee and Jaws would also be of use, as well as reverting back to the old style of Bond filming: more realism, less CGI.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34872/why-do-you-even-care-about-bond23/
    Coddswallap. I am disgusted!
    This forum is not so bad, despite my disagreements with some others here. Of course, should I find myself banned and my posts/threads locked for no good reason then I will think otherwise, but, so far, so good.

It seems the members here (aside from the odd idiot here and there) are at least willing to listen to alternative viewpoints regarding Bond and it would be a pleasure to see if others agree/disagree with some of my proposals. I have noticed my threads have quite a few hits for such a small forum and that in itself shows that people are at least reading what I have to say! Which is most excellent.

My main proposal is that all members of the forum sign a petition demanding Roger Moore be reinstated as Bond once more and for all films (aside from the ones he's already filmed) to be re-made each and every year until they are finally completed. I am sick and tired of waiting years and years before another Bond is made, and, usually, they are substandard drivel that waste everybody's time. Why won't fans demand that Bond films be screened annually? And why won't they demand Sir Rog return to his role?

Well, I shall not go on too much about this in this OP, but, just so you know: I am NOT a troll and I am only interested in serious, logical discussion and debate!
    Sir Rog, with the right makeup, could easily be made to look 35 once more. He has a most youthful complexion!

http://classicbond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2325&p=44085#p44085
    There are many good fight scenes in Bond (that is, Bond films made between 1973-1985), but this has to be the finest:

I can watch that scene over-and-over and never get bored. I wonder, what scenes are favourites of everyone else here? I doubt any could be as good as the above! That scene had a good amount of suspense and I was literally shocked the first time I saw it. Nick Nack reminds me of the Chucky character from the Child's Play films, and was one of the most underrated villians of all time!

http://classicbond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2330&p=44073#p44073

Lovably bonkers.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I miss @007RogerMoore. I always thought he was funny. Anybody remember when he started a thread asking for JW Pepper back? Or when he predicted Ibrahimovic would score 17 goals against Barcelona? He was mental but he made me laugh.

I know him personally and i know that his Bond-interest are low at the time but that he's otherwise fine!
    I'm quite sure that he and his twin brother still watches TMWTGG A LOT! ;)
    ^ This ScashMan was clearly a troll whose only intention was to cause provocation and wind people up with the most hysterical notions. And yet, people fell for it by engaging him in his fantasy. If they'd have just ignored the fool he'd have gone away a lot sooner!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ^ This ScashMan was clearly a troll whose only intention was to cause provocation and wind people up with the most hysterical notions. And yet, people fell for it by engaging him in his fantasy. If they'd have just ignored the fool he'd have gone away a lot sooner!

That's typically how it goes: people get heated over troll opinions, engage the troll, and the troll decides its best to stick around and anger everyone else. Don't feed them, they'll die soon enough.
  • MrBond wrote:
    I miss @007RogerMoore. I always thought he was funny. Anybody remember when he started a thread asking for JW Pepper back? Or when he predicted Ibrahimovic would score 17 goals against Barcelona? He was mental but he made me laugh.

I know him personally and i know that his Bond-interest are low at the time but that he's otherwise fine!
    I'm quite sure that he and his twin brother still watches TMWTGG A LOT! ;)

The thing about Scashy is, he's sublimely very funny. I don't really think he believes everything he writes, and a lot of it is said very tongue in cheek and purposely over the top so he can get a reaction. Now he really does believe it, then yes, he's battier than Dracula.

Of course, despite his best efforts, he will never top my "Adventures Of Sir Roger And Scashy" ;)

That DCINB.com really cracks me up. Have you ever seen a more twisted and bitter bunch of people in all your life? They just cannot and will not accept that DC has been a complete success and is regarded so highly by so many people. It's brilliant listening to them bitch. I bet the lot of them are conspiracy theorists to boot!
    If they'd have just ignored the fool he'd have gone away a lot sooner!

Why would we want that? He was hysterical, and brought a lot of life into the otherwise dull last year of the old forum. As SirHenry says, he was really sincere. That said, something about his prose made me suspect English wasn't his first language.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396

Why would we want that? He was hysterical, and brought a lot of life into the otherwise dull last year of the old forum.

Because we have enough problems with trolls on this site. Last couple of days for instance (although things had been fairly quiet around here before that). If you encourage them then they're just going to continue coming back even after they've been banned. I don't think you'll find many members on here who like the presence of trolls.
    I think there's a difference between the trolls and the looneys. I like the loonies; they're entertaining as hell, and you know sometimes make some interesting, if outlandish points.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is how you take care of trolls in my book. ;)
    @Murdock, I still haven't seen those films, but that seems to do the trick! I know your'e a huge fan of the 'Death Wish' movies, so this is for you. It might interest you:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Death-Wish-Blu-ray/42645/
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,494
    That DCINB.com really cracks me up. Have you ever seen a more twisted and bitter bunch of people in all your life? They just cannot and will not accept that DC has been a complete success and is regarded so highly by so many people. It's brilliant listening to them bitch. I bet the lot of them are conspiracy theorists to boot!

I don't know why you'd waste your time except for a laugh at their expense. And there are better laughs right here, every day. They are posers of the highest order and not one of them is a real Bond fan. You just can't decide an official Bond isn't, that his movies don't count, and claim to be a true fan amongst the real fans on this and other sites. Except for with like minded retards who agree with your fantasy land view, of course. Dislike the guy all you want to, that's a fair opinion, but you can't revise history no matter how much you stick your head in the sand. Try and post a defense of Craig and call them out on that- you'll get ejected immediately. That's how out of touch the admin over there is. They are the laughingstock of the worldwide Bond community.

Every day Craig Is Bond eats at them, I think it's f'n hysterical.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Creasy47 They aren't for everyone as they do have their graphic moments but each one deserves at least one watch. III (seen above) is my favorite. Christmas is right around the corner so I will be definitely getting them on Bluray or at least DVD as I can take them with me and watch them on my laptop.

I don't know why you'd waste your time except for a laugh at their expense. And there are better laughs right here, every day. They are posers of the highest order and not one of them is a real Bond fan. You just can't decide an official Bond isn't, that his movies don't count, and claim to be a true fan amongst the real fans on this and other sites. Except for with like minded retards who agree with your fantasy land view, of course. Dislike the guy all you want to, that's a fair opinion, but you can't revise history no matter how much you stick your head in the sand. Try and post a defense of Craig and call them out on that- you'll get ejected immediately. That's how out of touch the admin over there is. They are the laughingstock of the worldwide Bond community.

Every day Craig is Bond eats at them, I think it's f'n hysterical.

Oh don't misunderstand me. I haven't been on there before. I just had a look from the link provided above. Reading one thread was enough for me to come to my conclusions.
    I've never read it, either, but I had to check out the site. Look at this little nugget on the Welcome page:

"The Daniel Craig is not Bond forum provides a haven where people are free to debate the current direction of the Bond franchise in a democratic fashion."

Somehow, I have a strange feeling that that statement is 100% fiction.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've never read it, either, but I had to check out the site. Look at this little nugget on the Welcome page:

"The Daniel Craig is not Bond forum provides a haven where people are free to debate the current direction of the Bond franchise in a democratic fashion."

Somehow, I have a strange feeling that that statement is 100% fiction.

Well, since the place is full of anti-Craig members, I doubt a lot of disagreeing goes on amongst them. It's likely only when a Craig supporter joins the site to bug everyone that tempers rise.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I wish the NSA would go rambo on the idiots at the DCINB website.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly. It's like having a religious fundamentalist site where there is 'free reign to discuss any religion,' except you can only discuss the one all constant members believe in.

I just love how they think Craig is a talented actor, yet was miscast because he "doesn't look like the other Bonds." So Connery - Brosnan, they all somehow looked like clones of one another, and Craig just looks completely different? If that logic was true, my eyes are in serious need of checking.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly. It's like having a religious fundamentalist site where there is 'free reign to discuss any religion,' except you can only discuss the one all constant members believe in.

I just love how they think Craig is a talented actor, yet was miscast because he "doesn't look like the other Bonds." So Connery - Brosnan, they all somehow looked like clones of one another, and Craig just looks completely different? If that logic was true, my eyes are in serious need of checking.

Where their argument falls completely apart is that Sir Roger still qualifies despite his sandy blond hair and blue eyes. But you can't say that because it interferes with the concept ;)

@SirHenryLeeChaChing, but of course! We wouldn't want them negating themselves, now would we? ;-)
  • I wonder what will happen to the nuts at DCINB when the series eventually moves on. Will they change to Insert Actor Here Is Not Bond? Will they expand it to DCStillINB? Will they make it DCAIAHANB?

Decisions, decisions.

Why would we want that? He was hysterical, and brought a lot of life into the otherwise dull last year of the old forum.

Because we have enough problems with trolls on this site. Last couple of days for instance (although things had been fairly quiet around here before that).

Well, that was then and this is now. In the old days the only really trolls we had were that guy who claimed Vijay was in DAD (and used pictures of him pasted into the Ice Palace on Microsoft Paint as clear evidence) and that poster with the Rosamond Pike avatar. Loonies (or to be kinder, 'eccentrics') were more common than trolls. Scashy was the former.

Remember BondFan12?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I wonder what will happen to the nuts at DCINB when the series eventually moves on. Will they change to Insert Actor Here Is Not Bond? Will they expand it to DCStillINB? Will they make it DCAIAHANB?

Decisions, decisions.

Whatever happens, the next actor will have a forum set up against him because that's what happens today and others will still hate the Bond films, refusing to understand that they have always moved on, ever since Connery's time.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I wonder what will happen to the nuts at DCINB when the series eventually moves on. Will they change to Insert Actor Here Is Not Bond? Will they expand it to DCStillINB? Will they make it DCAIAHANB?

Decisions, decisions.

Whatever happens, the next actor will have a forum set up against him because that's what happens today and others will still hate the Bond films, refusing to understand that they have always moved on, ever since Connery's time.

You can't please everyone, especially the people who want a reason to whine about anything.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,817
    There he is! The man, the legend: @DaltonCraig007. Welcome back!
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    This is an interesting thread. For a long time I thought of this exact thing - the original post. But I didn't worry after a while because over time I became "real life" (for lack of a better term because this is part of real life too) friends with people on the old KTBEU forum. So I knew that others on the forum would be able to a) contact me if they wished, and b) know if I died.

In fact, and this is no secret, I married one of the people I met on KTBEU. Living together 5.5 years and married 3 of those now. :P

There have been many versions of Bond Camp since the first one in 2007 and subsequent one in 2008 for Quantum of Solace... Some in London and some in Australia and some in the States. I think there are one or two people who have actually attended each of them. I've only done London, so far.

I would encourage those of you who have become friends to take the time, and expense, if you can, to arrange a Bond Camp with your friends from this forum. See the Bond sites of the area in which you meet, and drink martinis and just be together. There is absolutely nothing like it. I love the people who participated in the Bond Camps. And, if you permit me to get a bit sentimental, I'll tell you that it was an absolute honour to have our friends from this site at our wedding - all of whom participated in big ways on the special day. (And for those of you who send well wishes on the forum that day, please know that dublo read them out from a balcony to the guests during the wedding and it was awesome. :) )

So my advice... Do it! They will become some of the best friends you'll ever have.

/melancholy

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    retrokitty wrote:
    This is an interesting thread. For a long time I thought of this exact thing - the original post. But I didn't worry after a while because over time I became "real life" (for lack of a better term because this is part of real life too) friends with people on the old KTBEU forum. So I knew that others on the forum would be able to a) contact me if they wished, and b) know if I died.

In fact, and this is no secret, I married one of the people I met on KTBEU. Living together 5.5 years and married 3 of those now. :P

There have been many versions of Bond Camp since the first one in 2007 and subsequent one in 2008 for Quantum of Solace... Some in London and some in Australia and some in the States. I think there are one or two people who have actually attended each of them. I've only done London, so far.

I would encourage those of you who have become friends to take the time, and expense, if you can, to arrange a Bond Camp with your friends from this forum. See the Bond sites of the area in which you meet, and drink martinis and just be together. There is absolutely nothing like it. I love the people who participated in the Bond Camps. And, if you permit me to get a bit sentimental, I'll tell you that it was an absolute honour to have our friends from this site at our wedding - all of whom participated in big ways on the special day. (And for those of you who send well wishes on the forum that day, please know that dublo read them out from a balcony to the guests during the wedding and it was awesome. :) )

So my advice... Do it! They will become some of the best friends you'll ever have.

/melancholy

That's actually a very nice idea @retrokitty. I didn't know about your story with your husband, that's very interesting :)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Where's @Luds? ;)