Keeping track of befriended members

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @Dragonpol, @007RogerMoore can at times be more crooked than a dog's hind leg. Never trust the jester, for he is too often more concerned with tomfoolery than earnest discussion.

What is it with all this faces resurfacing? It's like Bond sitting on the beach, finally having a reason to snap back into it when MI6 is in jeopardy. Have some of you just kept on the sidelines until we name-dropped you, planning to dramatically resurface when it struck your fancy? I'll admit, the idea is a tempting one.

It would appear so, on both counts.
  • @Dragonpol, @007RogerMoore can at times be more crooked than a dog's hind leg. Never trust the jester, for he is too often more concerned with tomfoolery than earnest discussion.

What is it with all this faces resurfacing? It's like Bond sitting on the beach, finally having a reason to snap back into it when MI6 is in jeopardy. Have some of you just kept on the sidelines until we name-dropped you, planning to dramatically resurface when it struck your fancy? I'll admit, the idea is a tempting one.

In my case, my friend MrBond told me people asked for me and told me to drop by when he found out I woke up from coma. I havent been here for more than a year. As you may understand, it's hard to be here waiting to be name-dropped when you haven't been concious!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Dragonpol, @007RogerMoore can at times be more crooked than a dog's hind leg. Never trust the jester, for he is too often more concerned with tomfoolery than earnest discussion.

In my case, my friend MrBond told me people asked for me and told me to drop by when he found out I woke up from coma. I havent been here for more than a year. As you may understand, it's hard to be here waiting to be name-dropped when you haven't been concious!

I know you're a big fan of the Moore era, but please try to be serious at least once in a while... You're beginning to enter further into troll territory.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I know you're a big fan of the Moore era, but please try to be serious at least once in a while... You're beginning to enter further into troll territory.

And that's really NOT good.
  • Bah! Seriousness is boring. Most of us come here after (or during) a day's work to escape day to day drudgery for a bit of humour and banter, not to discuss War and Peace.

I'm not advocating trolls, but just to say that Bond fandom shouldn't be rivet counting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @minorMajor9th, we all enjoy a good bit of humor here, but in the end, if none of us this was serious and it was just a big goof-off session, this place would end up like the last Bond forum: derailed. In the end, this is a James Bond forum, and it's nice to enjoy some friendly, entertaining conversation while keeping on discussion, no matter what the thread is.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @minorMajor9th, we all enjoy a good bit of humor here, but in the end, if none of us this was serious and it was just a big goof-off session, this place would end up like the last Bond forum: derailed.

Which Bond forum's that?
    @minorMajor9th, this one. I've heard numerous stories of the state it was in back in early 2011 before lots of people left and things were finally back in order.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @minorMajor9th, this one. I've heard numerous stories of the state it was in back in early 2011 before lots of people left and things were finally back in order.

Well that was only because people were upset and tried to set the place on fire before they left to their own place (were they still whine about the transistion)
    @MrBond, and if more people got upset that this place is "too serious" or whatever, it would run the risk of ending up the same way. Different build-up, same outcome. I'm not saying that would happen, but I don't find this place to be 'too serious' at all. It has a great mixture of serious debates/conversations, with a good portion of comedy and humor.
  • @Dragonpol, @007RogerMoore can at times be more crooked than a dog's hind leg. Never trust the jester, for he is too often more concerned with tomfoolery than earnest discussion.

Don't you worry, I just came here to drop by. I'm gonna travel to the moon tomorrow so I won't be able to stick around. Goodbye everyone. But never say never, your hero (007RogerMoore) might return in the future!
  • Creasy47 wrote:

It wasn't the jokers, more that this place suddenly had a huge influx of tweens who could barely spell, plus heavy handed moderation. FWIW, I was one of those who left, but I've recently had a change of heart.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think this site has a pretty good balance now.
    And its nice to have old members return.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

It wasn't the jokers, more that this place suddenly had a huge influx of tweens who could barely spell, plus heavy handed moderation. FWIW, I was one of those who left, but I've recently had a change of heart.

As you only joined on the 14th of October, I can only surmise that you have a dual account. Which one would you like to close?
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 157
    Benny wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

As you only joined on the 14th of October, I can only surmise that you have a dual account. Which one would you like to close?

It's already been closed, but thanks for the offer.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    We aim to please. Curious why you would leave to re-open a new account? Accounts are usually closed because the member has been banned. Always a few minnows who think they're a shark floating around the net.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    retrokitty wrote:

(And for those of you who send well wishes on the forum that day, please know that dublo read them out from a balcony to the guests during the wedding and it was awesome. :) )

Well if there ever was a guy with great charm, wit and style... I was honoured to meet Doublo, Dusty and St. George in person when visiting London and I'd love to do it all over again one day. All of whom I seldom see here anymore, which is a pity.

And Kitty, will you ever get that husband of yours off the couch to come back here for some good fun and jokes? ;-)

The peeps you mention are stellar. Have you met Rummy and blakewho yet?

The husband had to be dragged to see Bond in the cinema on some nights. I suspect he'd be warned and banned from here in a week if he were to return. :P Things were always exciting, and still are, with him around. ;)

@luds is currently on tour I believe
    Slayer,_The_Fields_of_Rock,_2007.jpg
    best he not be disturbed.
    St. George always pop in to give us a Xmas countdown that is fantastic fun. Looking forward to it again this year (I hope!). ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I miss @St_George. Always great fun, that man.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    retrokitty wrote:
    retrokitty wrote:

(And for those of you who send well wishes on the forum that day, please know that dublo read them out from a balcony to the guests during the wedding and it was awesome. :) )

Well if there ever was a guy with great charm, wit and style... I was honoured to meet Doublo, Dusty and St. George in person when visiting London and I'd love to do it all over again one day. All of whom I seldom see here anymore, which is a pity.

And Kitty, will you ever get that husband of yours off the couch to come back here for some good fun and jokes? ;-)

The peeps you mention are stellar. Have you met Rummy and blakewho yet?

The husband had to be dragged to see Bond in the cinema on some nights. I suspect he'd be warned and banned from here in a week if he were to return. :P Things were always exciting, and still are, with him around. ;)
    I wish I had, @Kitty. BlakeWho tried to come along but couldn't, and Rummy I couldn't get in contact with. Hope he returns here one day, is car-threads I sorely miss.
    Maybe next time I'll see them too. I'll start putting money aside for B24's premiere, a meetup in London would be increadably cool..
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,986
    retrokitty wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    Where's @Luds? ;)

'Sup Bro! ;)

Jebuz... Disco... you really have a way with words.

Nice to see you, Luds... What's new and exciting?

Lots! Got myself a wife, got laid off and sent off with a shitty 6 months package, but found a job within 2 weeks, so now I've got 6 months salary to blow away :)

You? How's Daniel? Nice to see you here, I thought you only posted at the hatin' crew!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I get the feeling @Luds was just here to say "Hi". I can't see him staying. I too though, would love to know what's new and exciting.

That's likely it, but you never know. I've been very active in another world. After about 10 years, even taking turds on Brosnan's shitty acting became boring.;)

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Luds wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I get the feeling @Luds was just here to say "Hi". I can't see him staying. I too though, would love to know what's new and exciting.

That's likely it, but you never know. I've been very active in another world. After about 10 years, even taking turds on Brosnan's shitty acting became boring.;)

On another forum then as well as getting on with life?

Well, I've missed you, for one. Nice to see you again, hope everything is going even better than it sounds.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Luds wrote:
    retrokitty wrote:
    Jebuz... Disco... you really have a way with words.

Nice to see you, Luds... What's new and exciting?

Lots! Got myself a wife, got laid off and sent off with a shitty 6 months package, but found a job within 2 weeks, so now I've got 6 months salary to blow away :)

You? How's Daniel? Nice to see you here, I thought you only posted at the hatin' crew!

Congrats on the wife. Nice package. Gonna take a trip? How are the kitties? :)

We are great. Daniel is doing well and loving the wet coast. ;) I've changed industries and love my new (15 months so far) job. Had taken a year off to "find myself" and it was amazing. :) I suggest everyone take a sabbatical at some point.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,399
    and i'm back!.. as Dalton would say "It's always nice to be missed" :)

I was in fact busy.. not only was I involved in two film competitions, in which I had to spend a lot of time doing prep and preproduction work.... but I also started a new job - as I am now the Producer/Editor of a local television program... so a lot has been on my plate as of recently - with no doubt more instore in 2014, as I am trying to get some low budgeted short films off the ground and into production the for festival runs in 2015....

i'll try to not be a stranger for as long anymore lol.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Hi, @haserot! I did think of you. Glad you are back with us.
    It sounds like you have a very good new job, and best wishes for all your future filmmaking; that's great!

AND I want to say: where is St. George?! I miss his Christmas countdown ... :( Plus I miss seeing his posts. He has been gone awhile, no? :
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Hi, @haserot! I did think of you. Glad you are back with us.
    It sounds like you have a very good new job, and best wishes for all your future filmmaking; that's great!

thank you.... it is a fun job, and i enjoy doing what i do - now if only the pay would match my enthusiasm ;) lol - oh well, gotta start somewhere..

You have definitely gotten started. :-bd
    Keep us informed about the films, please.
    You have definitely gotten started. :-bd
    Keep us informed about the films, please.

will do for sure.....

both films i did were for a 48 Hr film competition, and i'll post the link to one of them here - preproduction for both was practically a nightmare - and the second one ended up turning into a disaster.. but our first one, titled 'Virtue' wasn't half bad given our restraints... here it is...

you can find the other one on my youtube channel as well, its called 'The Unknown'... we ended up getting stuck with the found footage genre, which sucks because i had just wasted money building a dolly, getting lighting equipment - as well as borrowing a $20,000 camera from work.... but we never really used any of that stuff - i was bummed out lol.