Batman

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Any fans of Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean here? I thought it was very fresh, original and groundbreaking when it came out.

Yes, fantastic piece. One of my favourites.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Batman the Animated Series is getting a board game this summer. It plays one to five players and takes 45 minutes to an hour to beat.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-the-animated-series-is-finally-getting-the-tabl-1825850790
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,813
    I wanted to share a silly thing I made. I thought this would go well with the black & gray Batman I made a few years back. Everyone had those stupid Kenner figures when the 1989 movie came out. Believe me, I had them all!

BatmanTDK.jpg

Back when I was a kid I took one and made it black and gray, and even kept it all these years! I thought: if they can make blue & gray, blue and dark blue, camouflage, and even GOLD, then why the hell didn't they ever make a black & gray one??

bat01.jpg

Today I had the same thought: if they made every ridiculous color variation imaginable, then an NES variant would have fit right in!! NECA made one after all.

This was just a spare Kenner Bats repainted; the only challenging part was making the cape. The logo was printed and glued into place.

Ffcqvdv.jpg

Just another oddity for my collection! :))

Get ready for some nostalgia kiddos!!
    This is a display I’ve wanted to put together a while now; what you’re looking at is a mix of figs from when I was actually a little kid and a couple recent eBay purchases to complete the collection!
    If you’re noticing a few missing (for example Tec-Shield & Bruce Wayne) I actually have them as well but ran out of room. Damn large figure stands.... btw if someone has a link to a smaller version I’m all ears. I even meant to include my 2 custom ones but there just wasn’t space.

NWQILwp.jpg

Ya3bPIo.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,411
    I wanted to share a silly thing I made. I thought this would go well with the black & gray Batman I made a few years back. Everyone had those stupid Kenner figures when the 1989 movie came out. Believe me, I had them all!

BatmanTDK.jpg

Back when I was a kid I took one and made it black and gray, and even kept it all these years! I thought: if they can make blue & gray, blue and dark blue, camouflage, and even GOLD, then why the hell didn't they ever make a black & gray one??

bat01.jpg

Today I had the same thought: if they made every ridiculous color variation imaginable, then an NES variant would have fit right in!! NECA made one after all.

This was just a spare Kenner Bats repainted; the only challenging part was making the cape. The logo was printed and glued into place.

Ffcqvdv.jpg

Just another oddity for my collection! :))

Get ready for some nostalgia kiddos!!
    This is a display I’ve wanted to put together a while now; what you’re looking at is a mix of figs from when I was actually a little kid and a couple recent eBay purchases to complete the collection!
    If you’re noticing a few missing (for example Tec-Shield & Bruce Wayne) I actually have them as well but ran out of room. Damn large figure stands.... btw if someone has a link to a smaller version I’m all ears. I even meant to include my 2 custom ones but there just wasn’t space.

Ya3bPIo.jpg

I was momentarily distracted by the brunette...

Good collection you and my brother would get on well his figure/toy collection is vast. I mainly have Eaglemoss statues of DC characters.
    Holy Cow !!!!!

The Penguin is the rumored villain of the new Batman film. Also Jett on BOF is complaining About Ben Affleck but we shall see
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The Penguin is the rumored villain of the new Batman film. Also Jett on BOF is complaining About Ben Affleck but we shall see

Who would make a good Penguin today? Loved DeVito in BR.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Burgess Meredith is my favourite P. N. Guin, a bit left field though from todays actors what about Jack Black?
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 6,844

Burgess Meredith is my favourite P. N. Guin, a bit left field though from todays actors what about Jack Black?

For a Lego Batman movie, sure. I think he would just make a live-action Penguin goofy though, and not in a good way. Penguin, as a character, already innately runs the risk of being plain goofy rather than menacing.

Gary Oldman in prosthetics would make an insane Penguin.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

v95Zth9.jpg

Oh god I miss Keaton as Batman.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Keaton will always be my Batman.
  • chrisisall wrote: »

v95Zth9.jpg

Oh god I miss Keaton as Batman.

Don't we all?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Keaton will always be my Batman.

Keaton and Kevin Conroy both, yes.

For a Lego Batman movie, sure. I think he would just make a live-action Penguin goofy though, and not in a good way. Penguin, as a character, already innately runs the risk of being plain goofy rather than menacing.

To be honest Cobblepot is not one of my favourites from Batman's Rogues Gallery, reimagining the character for cinema would probably be the best way to go.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 6,844

To be honest Cobblepot is not one of my favourites from Batman's Rogues Gallery, reimagining the character for cinema would probably be the best way to go.

I agree. He isn't my favorite either. I think the best way to reimagine him for cinema though would be to make him downright dark and menacing. A true crime boss of a grotesquely squat yet imposing stature, perhaps with a broad mouth of animalistic teeth along the lines of DeVito's. Make him dangerous. Make him worthy of being feared.

(Sweet avatar, btw!)

I agree. He isn't my favorite either. I think the best way to reimagine him for cinema though would be to make him downright dark and menacing. A true crime boss of a grotesquely squat yet imposing stature, perhaps with a broad mouth of animalistic teeth along the lines of DeVito's. Make him dangerous. Make him worthy of being feared.

(Sweet avatar, btw!)

I agree they need to avoid making The Penguin a joke character, I would say Phoenix would be great if he were not already lined up to play the Joker.

Cheers Dalton, Lowell and Talisa Soto were in some great photo's together.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Hope I’m ok to post this but seems as good a place as any. One of my birthday gifts from last week was this Batmobile from Batman:TAS. For me, one of the best Batmobile designs.

qtyUv4D.jpg

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hope I’m ok to post this but seems as good a place as any. One of my birthday gifts from last week was this Batmobile from Batman:TAS. For me, one of the best Batmobile designs.

qtyUv4D.jpg

Gotta love that art deco design. My favourite Batmobile, if only there was a live action Batman film featuring that car. Just look at those lines.
    @MajorDSmythe have you seen this?

Dh1zg3I.jpg

It’s been floating around the net a few years- possibly built from the ground up.
    It sure looks beautiful in the real world
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Dh1zg3I.jpg

It’s been floating around the net a few years- possibly built from the ground up.

I want it, I want NOW!

Dh1zg3I.jpg

That is stunning!

qtyUv4D.jpg

Nice that is one sleek Batmobile
    It really is a thing of beauty. Trying to figure out where to have it on display.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm jealous. I want that Batmobile. To display it, get this picture printed out and display it with it. :D
    zXLqbqY.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Seeing that, I can't wait for an update regarding the BR edition of the animated series.
    That car must be hard to manoeuver arond tight curves.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If I remember correctly, Batman would use his hand grappling hook to make those extreme turns. :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Batman would use his hand grappling hook to make those extreme turns. :))

A bit inconvenient for regular folks.
    giphy-20.gif ...and when turning is not an option.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'm jealous. I want that Batmobile. To display it, get this picture printed out and display it with it. :D
    zXLqbqY.jpg

Am in it. Cheers for that.

That car must be hard to manoeuver arond tight curves.

Corners? Cornering is for pussies.