Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    LOGAN LUCKY not to be confused with the X-Men film of a similar title.

I liked it, thought it was pretty funny and Daniel was great. I doubt it will become a film I'll buy multiple times over the decades each time it gets remastered like I do the Bonds.

It's a shame all of Craig's films are flops when he's not playing Bond.

It is really. I think the one I liked the best during his Bond era was Defiance, but there's several I missed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE

Went in completely blind, not knowing anything at all of what to expect and oh my, what a film! I love this little scary flick.

Best way to see it! I found it wonderfully atmospheric and chilling, with some solid chemistry amongst the father-son leads. Can't wait to revisit it eventually.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I liked it, thought it was pretty funny and Daniel was great. I doubt it will become a film I'll buy multiple times over the decades each time it gets remastered like I do the Bonds.

It is really. I think the one I liked the best during his Bond era was Defiance, but there's several I missed.
    My favourite of his outside of Bond is TGWTDT. I still can't forgive Sony for rebooting it rather than following through. Idiots.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    bondjames wrote: »
    Mother! is one of my favourite films of the year. Seriously creepy stuff indeed. I'm due a rewatch soon.

It's good that there is still thoughtful challenging films out there that can provoke a reaction.
    ATOMIC BLONDE

Watched this one today as I've heard many say it looks, sounds and feels just like a Bond film albeit with a female lead.

I liked certain elements: the movie wasn't one big PTS. There actually were titles in the beginning. Always a plus for me in this day and age.
    For a $30 million production it looked impressive.
    Also, the simplistic Macguffin espionage plot works well with a twist.
    Period piece setting and the locations.
    Looking at Charlize Theron here I'd say she'd make a better Bond girl now than when rumored during the Brosnan era.
    That said- I felt a lack of depth in her character. Same line delivery and facial expressions throughout almost robotic. The only subtle change in character or variation came towards the end, IMO. Still cool to see her kick ass. So akin to like watching the Death Wish films, I don't care for the characters or relationships, it's just fun to watch Charles Bronson shoot people. Same here.
    The fight sequences were tightly choreographed.....but at the same time I just don't get a thrill by those type of fight scenes anymore. I felt like I've seen it in the Bourne films, QOS, and countless others.

Also, visually, I felt it looked nothing like 1989, hence the Sinead O Conner joke. Perhaps James McAvoy didn't want to grow his hair to 1989 length? Had there not been the Berlin Wall plot, and that "November 1989" title card, I might have assumed it took place in 2017.

Still an enjoyable time killer, but I find the comparison to Bond laughable. More like the '97 SAINT or the Bourne films.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 2,107
    The Fift Element

Still, after all these years, very weird yet entertaining movie. Very... french.
    American Made (2017)

Crazy film about how the USA Government try to help Countries in crisis in South America.
    Tom cruise carries the film.

• edited December 2017 Posts: 5,832

The Force Awakens wasn't a flop :>
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Neither was Tintin, was it?
    Gerard wrote: »

Says it all really.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I still can't believe they didn't do anything with TGWTDT. He was great in that one.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I still can't believe they didn't do anything with TGWTDT. He was great in that one.

They are now, just continuing the story while scrapping the whole cast and crew involved and starting anew. It really is a shame.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, I didn't know that. I bet they're not going to be applauded for that. Oh well, we'll see. Audiences tend to forget.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »

Says it all really.

Yeah, as long as he doesn't show his face...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Hardly a Craig film, half a minute as an unrecognisable stormtrooper! Might not have been a flop, but was crap!

Another great Villeneuve movie. He does have a distinct style. Only Nolan is reminisscent of that style in a couple of films, like Memento and The Prestige.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2017 Posts: 8,158
    The Foreigner (2017)

My favourite film of the year. Campbell needs to do another Bond. He still has it, and we all want a back to basics Bond film with fewer action scenes and a tighter narrative. This film demonstrates conclusively that Campbell is the perfect choice to direct an under 2 hour Bond film once Craig quits.
    Glad you liked it @Mendes4Lyfe. I thought it was a really good film too. Very simple yet effective old school thriller. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see Campbell direct a Bond film again. Best we can hope for is Nolan or Villeneuve on the eventual switch, and that won't be bad at all.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The disaster artist
    had me laughing the whole way through
    incredible acting
    8/10
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Batman vs Two-Face. (2017)

A great sequel to Return of the Caped Crusaders. It was bittersweet to see Adam West's final performance as Batman. The animation was great and so was the voice acting. William Shatner was great as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. They captured his 60's Captain Kirk likeness perfectly. Burt Ward was hilarious. A great sendoff for this era of Batman.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    Batman vs Two-Face. (2017)

A great sequel to Return of the Caped Crusaders. It was bittersweet to see Adam West's final performance as Batman. The animation was great and so was the voice acting. William Shatner was great as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. They captured his 60's Captain Kirk likeness perfectly. Burt Ward was hilarious. A great sendoff for this era of Batman.

YES! I *had* to own this...
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    edited December 2017 Posts: 6,778
    Angel-A

This was good. Engaging, heartfelt, funny at times. The love story needed a bit more work but apart from that, the character arc of André was very well handled through both acting and dialogue. The scene in which he stares at himself in the mirror was superb.

And the film felt inviting, comfortable. I watched it a few hours ago and already want to see it again. I think I'll be revisiting this one several times.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Another great Villeneuve movie. He does have a distinct style. Only Nolan is reminisscent of that style in a couple of films, like Memento and The Prestige.
    Truly, truly bizarre film. I can't say I particularly loved it, but it's definitely interesting.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Night of the Comet (1984)

NightOfTheComet-1.jpg

Watching it right now actually. It's become a Christmastime regular for me. If you're looking for something offbeat yet seasonal, totally 80s, full of camp humor, surprisingly good performances, and a heartwarming through line, this is the film for you this Christmas.

NightOfTheComet-1.jpg

Watching it right now actually. It's become a Christmastime regular for me. If you're looking for something offbeat yet seasonal, totally 80s, full of camp humor, surprisingly good performances, and a heartwarming through line, this is the film for you this Christmas.

Good, campy fun, this one. Used to love seeing this one pop up on TV as a kid.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

NightOfTheComet-1.jpg

Saw it theatrically many times- so much fun!

My Son saw Last Jedi today, he says unlike TFA this one was REALLY GOOD!
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 6,844
    chrisisall wrote: »

NightOfTheComet-1.jpg

Saw it theatrically many times- so much fun!

My Son saw Last Jedi today, he says unlike TFA this one was REALLY GOOD!

Good to hear about Jedi! I enjoyed TFA well enough, even though it felt more like a remake than a sequel, but I'm hoping Jedi gets a bit more original—and provides plenty of Hamill!

I'm waiting for the crowds to calm down a bit before I go see it.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 45,489
    THOR: RAGNAROK

As with Deadpool, the trailers had put me off from watching this. As it was the last screening here, I thought I should give it a chance, and I am glad I saw it. As with Deadpool, it turns out the trailers just focused on the bad stuff. Why do they do that?

Some little girls in the theatre cheered for Thor, Loke and Shrek, while booing at Hela.
    Glad you liked it @Thunderfinger. It's one of my top films of the year. I loved every minute of it. Those girls are clueless. Hela ruled.
    Scrooge (1970) - starring Albert Finney. My personal favorite movie version of the Christmas Carol story.