Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Resident Evil (2002). Now I remember it from back then... I hated that it ended on a cliffhanger. But now that I have all six movies in a set- I'm liking it a lot better. In the next five days I'll definitely be having fun with this. Mindless nonsense ensues. Bring it! ;)

The first film is my favourite I like the set up, and the ensemble cast is decent.
    When is the first film NOT a favourite?
    Cap Winter Soldier comes to mind...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Resident Evil (2002). Now I remember it from back then... I hated that it ended on a cliffhanger. But now that I have all six movies in a set- I'm liking it a lot better. In the next five days I'll definitely be having fun with this. Mindless nonsense ensues. Bring it! ;)

The first film is my favourite I like the set up, and the ensemble cast is decent.

Definitely Cap 2 and Empire Strikes Back, Wrath of Khan, Spiderman 2, The Two Towers (though I see the trilogy as one film)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Always a fun romp that makes me laugh - top entertainment,with Kurt Russell on great form .
    I like it too. Not least for Russell imitating John Wayne.

Similar to how he imitates Clint Eastwood in the ESCAPE FROM films--which I love.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Always a fun romp that makes me laugh - top entertainment,with Kurt Russell on great form .
    I like it too. Not least for Russell imitating John Wayne.

Similar to how he imitates Clint Eastwood in the ESCAPE FROM films--which I love.

YES!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

I prefer the sequel Resident Evil Apocalypse. It was the closest to the games which is why I enjoy it the most.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »

I prefer the sequel Resident Evil Apocalypse. It was the closest to the games which is why I enjoy it the most.

Jill is a major plus in that film

Agreed! :-bd

I wish
    Jill had returned for the finale, though at least she was in Retribution

I wish
    Jill had returned for the finale, though at least she was in Retribution

I still need to catch up on 5 and 6.
    The Phantom Menace a guilty pleasure the prequels are mad, I find Episode 1 a more entertaining watch than Episode 7.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The Phantom Menace a guilty pleasure the prequels are mad, I find Episode 1 a more entertaining watch than Episode 7.

That’s because episode 7 is an overrated pile of shit

That’s because episode 7 is an overrated pile of shit

You are not wrong
    I feel like I'm one of the few who enjoyed The Force Awakens. :(

Other than a few scenes on Jaku and after
    Han dies
    it picks up I like the end, I really struggle with the rest of film nothing much happens.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 16,333
    Han dies
    Don't say it, It still hurts too much. :((

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

It was great.
    Han dies

Fear not there is always The Star Wars Holiday Special you can see him in that ;))
    Han dies

Fear not there is always The Star Wars Holiday Special you can see him in that ;))

pw1l4.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Enjoy, @chrisisall! :) Keep us posted here.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

It was great.
    Indeed it was. I absolutely loved it and will take it in again soon in anticipation of The Last Jedi.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Enjoy, @chrisisall! :) Keep us posted here.

Here's a bit of a more proper review then...
    Resident Evil (2002) is the sort of high-gloss cheese that demands little of the viewer yet delivers fun in spades anyway- that the story itself makes very little sense is entirely besides the point. Part Night Of The Living Dead, part Aliens, part Mortal Kombat, this horror/sci-fi hodgepodge roars along to Marilyn Manson tunes, lightning fast editing and the always fetching Milla Jovovich's in-air kicks. Never is the #1 rule of good film-making broken (Don't bore us). Its own internal logic get stretched, but it never actually all-out breaks. My most frequently repeated thought during this film: Are you sure you wanna get that close...?
    I had so much fun with this first one, if I only have half as much with each of the next five I will still be happy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is one of the only forums I've been to where fans of the Resident Evil games enjoy the films.
    This is one of the only forums I've been to where fans of the Resident Evil games enjoy the films.

Personally, I don't play video games at all- so I'm coming at these films rather cold.
    13Assassins-Photo41.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    13Assassins-Photo41.jpg

Now go watch his Blade of the Immortal.
    I don t know. Is it better than this?
    I don t know. Is it better than this?

I've only seen them both once, but I think I just slightly preferred 13 Assassins. A bit spiritual at times but much more grounded.
    Well, I didn t like it. I zoned out a lot.
    The Assassin

Perfect example of how beautiful visuals, colors, and cinematography only go so far. Easily one of the slowest movies I've ever sat through, and I'm all for a "dull" pace, provided what's unfolding on screen is actually engaging and worthwhile.
    Gamera 3 : The Revenge of Iris : As good as the first two of the Heisei era. And darker than any of them. Yes, those giant monster battles cause a lot of collateral damage, and yes, there are victims. And yes, that can have dire consequences for all involved.

5119%2BIew70L._SY300_.jpg