Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• I went to see 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' last night.... Excellent !! The cinematography was wonderful, the story was great, with many good hearted moments... the actors.... oh my !! Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson... the crème de la crème of british actors !! I had a huge smile on my face from the first second to the last second of the film !! 10/10.

My wife was keen to see that but I was avoiding it as It didn't sound like my thing, may give it a try though if you liked it so much.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I went to see 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' last night.... Excellent !! The cinematography was wonderful, the story was great, with many good hearted moments... the actors.... oh my !! Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson... the crème de la crème of british actors !! I had a huge smile on my face from the first second to the last second of the film !! 10/10.

My wife was keen to see that but I was avoiding it as It didn't sound like my thing, may give it a try though if you liked it so much.

Go see it, you won't be disappointed ! :) It really is a feel-good movie.
    Thor and Captain America! Now i am pretty much set for Avengers Assemble! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:

Would you agree that Cap is the better film?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I was looking for this

Shouldn't really admit to it but last movie I saw was The Blair Witch Project about an hour ago or a bit later even. This Fckn nonsense was made for shirt buttons and pulled in millions of dollars at the box office, simply out of curiosity if nothing else and a lot of promotion at the time, even went to see in 1999 amid all the hype and I remember too how frustrated I was back then

I feel embarrassed whenever I watch this, especially as a native of Maryland, anyone watching this must think the people around there have room temperature IQ's, so dumb are the kids presented on film, it was a bit of a rough ride tonight

If you want to see an hour and a half of stupid annoying kids swearing, screaming and endless shots of feet, twigs, leaves and branches, and enough camera shaking to make you vomit then this could well be right up your alley

This crap makes Diamonds are Forever look like The Third Man or something

Apart from a few minutes at the very end in the abandoned house, there is absolutely nothing worth seeing here. I felt more threatened at a Dolly Parton concert

Blair_Witch_Project.jpg

Last I heard they are making a direct sequel to it, NOT counting that god awful sequel they released years ago. The second movie is about a group of people that saw the footage of the first movie and decide to do the same thing they did, bring a camera out to the woods and search for the Blair Witch. They are supposed to come across the house, from the first film, and the original cast (the 3 kids) are to have short roles or cameos in it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, they sure don't. It's a lose-lose battle trying to argue with them. I just give in anymore.

That's why I am never eager to get into any relationships. I hate drama and the stupidity of my current generation who believes that you have to be "Facebook approved" as a couple, and update yourself as "dating so and so". It pains me to see how little people my age care for intelligent conversation and are so dependent on social networking sites and a peaking addiction to their stupid cell phones, which I refuse to have. But, I don't mean to get off topic, so I apologize.

Nope, trust me, I agree: relationships aren't a huge craze in my life - I love the woman I'm with now, but it won't be the end of my days if things crumbled - and Facebook is the BIGGEST joke I've ever seen. I have never been happier to delete something; I deleted my page years ago, and have not once regretted it. But, that's for another topic.

I've picked up a few blu-rays lately that I have yet to open: should I give MI:GP a watch soon, Saving Private Ryan, or Shawshank Redemption?

Ugh, Facebook. This and Twitter have to be 2 of the worst things to happen to the world.

Anyway, last night I watched Transporter 2 for the first time since it was released. Statham and his films are sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. Anyway, for me it's easily the best in the series, the car chases are great and there's a machine gun weilding stripper. Nice little action film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, same here. Statham's films are just enjoyable to me: I watch them without expecting much, and I usually get some pretty intense action sequences. I think out of the three, Transporter 1 is my favorite.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Would you agree that Cap is the better film?

I would actually, it was to me anyway a more human and humerous story with a touch of tragedy to it in him losing his brother. Would certainly watch it again!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm a bit confused now, @RogueAgent. I don't recall Captain America losing his brother... Perhaps you mean Bucky. He was at best Cap's friend. ;-)
    IMO , the reason why I love Big Boss is the grittyness , it feels glorious and kinda epic despite the low budget (supposedly in the uncut version you see the factory saw go thru a body before they put it on ice , hard core by '71 standards)
    Last movie I watched was the japanese film Seven Samurai (1954)
    A great film. 10/10
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'The Way Back'
    A true masterpiece 10/10
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    5169228_f260.jpg

Fantastic film, Hopkins is barely recognisable.

Anthony Hopkins
    1. The Tenth Man (1988)
    2. The Remains Of The Day (1993)
    **3. Nixon (1995) NE**
    4. The Edge (1997)
    5. Hannibal (2001)
    6. When Eight Bells Toll (1971)
    7. The Silence Of The Lambs (1991)
    8. Audrey Rose (1977)
    9. The Rite (2011)
    10. A Bridge Too Far (1977)
    11. Magic (1978)
    12. Red Dragon (2002)

http://www.listal.com/list/movies-ive-watched-2012-mrb
    @MajorDSmythe, nice to see some Red Dragon appreciation. I loved that film, and felt it was underrated, from other people's opinions I have heard.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,901
    Do you mean Hannibal? I disliked Red Dragon, hence it's placing of 12th .
    Watched Capin America - surprisingly good fun. Now the biggie for me this weekend:

The Raid is out. Cannot wait. Will report late Friday night.
    Do you mean Hannibal? I disliked Red Dragon, hence it's placing of 12th .

Yeah, Red Dragon. My apologies. Red Dragon was good, but all I ever hear people talk about is Silence of the Lambs - it is my favorite - but still, nobody else seems to like the others. Did you see Hannibal Rising?

@forgotmyusername, I'm jealous. I've been wanting to see that movie for months since I saw the trailer. Looks so awesome.
    I saw Papillon with Steve McQueen a few days ago when I had time, it was a very good watch, not an easy watch for some, but it was interesting and had some exciting sequences. I almost didn't recognize Hoffman in it at first, hadn't seen this for years before the other night, it's not as good as Bullitt or The Great Escape but McQueen does very well in one of his last performances
    Last movie I watched was W (2008)
    Average 5/10

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Dragnet
    Pirates of the Caribbean 4
    Public Enemies
    Collateral
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Sweeney Todd
    Corpse Bride
    Dark Shadows
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    Saw - The Final Chapter (:x Betsy Russell :x . Too bad she had to lose that perdy face of hers )
    Cowboys & Aliens
    Layer Cake
    Taken (Oh, wow! For a guy pushing his sixties, Liam Neeson sure kicks all sort of ass. Kind of reminds me of Eastwood who could be an old dude and still be a bad-ass)
    Last night I saw The Avengers at the theatre. It was ok... cool characthers, great CGI action but stupid story and cheesy dialogue. The Hulk was great though. But my date was not...
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The Raid. I've been waiting months time for this, and it was worth it. This is definetly one of the best action films of all time. The fights are brutal and the moments in between are dramatic and tense, there's also a good story. The music is perfect too. 10/10. Definetly the best film this year imo.

Bad news is that I hear Hollywood is planning an American remake. And those don't really have a history of being good (cough, Italian Job, Wicker Man, cough).
    The Raid. I've been waiting months time for this, and it was worth it. This is definetly one of the best action films of all time. The fights are brutal and the moments in between are dramatic and tense, there's also a good story. The music is perfect too. 10/10. Definetly the best film this year imo.

Bad news is that I hear Hollywood is planning an American remake. And those don't really have a history of being good (cough, Italian Job, Wicker Man, cough).

And so soon, too. The Spanish found-footage horror film Rec was remade a year or two later, given the title Quarantine, and it felt like a shot-for-shot remake.

Then you have TGWTDT, which was remade a year or two after the Swedish Millennium trilogy ended; granted, I loved the remake, and it was probably my favorite film of 2011, but still, it's annoying to see things like this happen so quickly.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    chronicle-movie-poster-2.jpg

This one surprised me. It's really good and I'm happy to hear rumors of a sequel, they just need to not film it like a home video.
    last film i watched was hellboy, always good fun.
    Bridesmaids a movie that made the boys in the Hangover look like pussies. And now I can never again watch Gilmore Girls without snickering, first Graham in Bad Santa :\"> and now her friend Sookie =)) .
    Last film I saw was Turbulence with Ray Liotta, starts out good, but just degenerates into straight to video fare and an all said boring, mash of a movie, Liotta plays the bad guy well as always, but there's simply nothing to work with there, it feels like a rip off of Con Air almost, do yourself a favor and don't watch this crap if you haven't already seen it, he was in Cop Land the same year of release and that is 300 % better, one to avoid
    Captain america.
    Very good film.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    logans_run_poster2.jpg

After buying the TV series DVD and recently watching the pilot, I turned on the original movie for just a few minutes and found myself sucked in. For some reason, it's one of the most compulsively watchable movies I've ever seen. Whenever it ran on TV, I always had to watch it. A sentimental childhood favorite but for the joy and entertainment value it always brings me, I give it **** out of ****.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    SaintMark wrote:
    Bridesmaids a movie that made the boys in the Hangover look like pussies. And now I can never again watch Gilmore Girls without snickering, first Graham in Bad Santa :\"> and now her friend Sookie =)) .

I thought Bridesmaids was overrated. I didn't think it was as good as people said, it was funny, but it was just your typical gross out comedy, but with women.

Hangover was alot better. Just a funnier film imo.