Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sadly Brozzer had his best Bond work outside of Bond is spy-like roles where he wasn't leveled by a flawed script like he was in the later Bonds. A shame we never saw his full potential.
    Ghost protocol. highly disappointed, this film makes MI:2 look like citizen kane. Incredibly dumb, terrible script and a directer who gives George Lucas a run for his money with his lack of attentiveness with the actors .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ghost protocol. highly disappointed, this film makes MI:2 look like citizen kane. Incredibly dumb, terrible script and a directer who gives George Lucas a run for his money with his lack of attentiveness with the actors .

So you loved Ghost Protocol, is what you're saying?
    Creasy47 wrote:

utter garbage lol
    @fire_and_ice, while it wasn't the greatest in the series, I still enjoyed it - obviously enough for me to warrant spending $20 on a blu-ray copy of it tonight. But then again, people have some very odd views for the franchise. I re-watched MI:II last night, and upon searching the IMDB forums for thoughts, opinions, etc., I found out that a lot of people loathed the film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

:O Oh, I need to leave now before I explode... Calling MIGP trash is one thing, but comparing Brad freaking Bird to George Lucas is unacceptable... X(
    Creasy47 wrote:

utter garbage lol

Rather than insult the film, why don't you post what you found wrong with it in a respectful manner so I can shoot you down please?
    @JWESTBROOK, read the post slightly up the page. Pretty quick insults to the film, none that I could agree with.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,812

Sorry but I highly disagree. Ghost Protocol is either the first or second best in the MI series, with MI: 3 giving it a run for its money.

Anyway, the last film I watched was Escape From New York. Love that film, it's a cult classic. I hear they're remaking it X(
    Think MI:1 and 2 were very good films, especially Brian Depalmas film. Brad Bird did a fantastic job on incredibles. the action in ghost protocol and visual aspect is good, IMO the actors were given little direction and the script was badly writen . the actors performances were uneven, cruise was far the best though i felt he looked tired and bored at times during the film. the soundtrack did not help either never really injected the film with any energy.
    Think MI:1 and 2 were very good films, especially Brian Depalmas film. Brad Bird did a fantastic job on incredibles. the action in ghost protocol and visual aspect is good, IMO the actors were given little direction and the script was badly writen . the actors performances were uneven, cruise was far the best though i felt he looked tired and bored at times during the film. the soundtrack did not help either never really injected the film with any energy.

I couldn't disagree more, especially regarding Tom looking like he was "tired" or "bored". The man was and always is a big bustle of energy and adores doing these films.
    @QsAssistant, the original Escape From New York was very unique and entertaining. I wonder if they would try to get Russell again for the role, if they do follow through with the remake. So much talk about remakes, revivals, and prequels these days that I never know what will actually happen. Just the other day, I read about The Strangers 2 shooting this fall, and the last I heard about it was roughly two years previous.
    just watched Avengers Assemble. its pretty much what you would expect from a marvel movie done right. hulk is great fun, there is one scene involving the hulk that is absolutely hilarious.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @QsAssistant, the original Escape From New York was very unique and entertaining. I wonder if they would try to get Russell again for the role, if they do follow through with the remake. So much talk about remakes, revivals, and prequels these days that I never know what will actually happen. Just the other day, I read about The Strangers 2 shooting this fall, and the last I heard about it was roughly two years previous.

That has no need for a sequel. Hollywood, what happened?!?! You cheap money prostitute.
  • just watched Avengers Assemble. its pretty much what you would expect from a marvel movie done right. hulk is great fun, there is one scene involving the hulk that is absolutely hilarious.

Have to agree, I took my 9yr old to see it at the weekend, some real laugh out loud moments, well made, good story, and Robert Downey Jr stealing every scene he's in, thoroughly recommended.
    Watched Soderberg's "Haywire" last night, and it was just as good as I had expected: unique action sequences, the characters were heavily believable, and the special features were quite enjoyable. Hope I end up posting on the 'The Last Movie You Bought' thread soon with this in my collection.

I couldn't disagree more, especially regarding Tom looking like he was "tired" or "bored". The man was and always is a big bustle of energy and adores doing these films.
    Fighting and stunt work tom did was good, no problem with the action. felt rest of the movie was flat. i love mission impossible and wanted it to be good, i was hoping it would be better than it was.
    I, too, thought that MI:GP was going to be better than it was, but it was still a very, very good film. Plus, I did a double feature that day with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and MI:GP, respectively, and the former was mindblowing in my eyes - for me, the best film of 2011 - so I suppose it was inevitably hard for the next movie to offer me as much enjoyment as that did.
    just watched Avengers Assemble. its pretty much what you would expect from a marvel movie done right. hulk is great fun, there is one scene involving the hulk that is absolutely hilarious.

Have to agree, I took my 9yr old to see it at the weekend, some real laugh out loud moments, well made, good story, and Robert Downey Jr stealing every scene he's in, thoroughly recommended.
    went with my nephew he loved the end battle, the script did very well to incorporate all the characters on show and there respective back storys. big thumbs up to joss whedon.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I, too, thought that MI:GP was going to be better than it was, but it was still a very, very good film. Plus, I did a double feature that day with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and MI:GP, respectively, and the former was mindblowing in my eyes - for me, the best film of 2011 - so I suppose it was inevitably hard for the next movie to offer me as much enjoyment as that did.

Part of MIGP that got me was the first viewing, where you are surprised by
    Julia's death and then later on the fact that she isn't dead.
    Those moments are jaw droppers on the first viewing, and after it they are still great, but there is noting like your first reaction to things like that when you don't see them coming at you.
    sorry in a previous post meant to say i thought mission impossible 1 and 3 were very good films.
    Anyway, the last film I watched was Escape From New York. Love that film, it's a cult classic. I hear they're remaking it X(

No... They wouldn't... Then again, they did remake The Italian Job, Halloween and Nightmare On Elm Street.

God I hate movie studios.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited May 2012 Posts: 3,262
    465389.1020.A.jpg

Terrific comedy classic where Edwards skillfully blends The Pink Panther, A Shot In The Dark and Hitchcock's To Catch A Thief into one concoction. Catherine Schell(OHMSS' Nancy) shines as Lady Litton while Eric Portmann(the voice of TB's and FRWL's Blofeld) portrays a gangster known as the Fat Man.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Innkeepers
    For my thoughts on on it, see The Horror Thread.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
    Those had to be the most pathetic villains in the series, on par with QOS's useless bunch(at least Phelps was the team leader and knew of Hunt's skills/imits, Ambrose was Hunt's phyisical equal and Davian had a hold over Hunt- having taken Julia hostage). Otherwise, it was fairly entertaining, it made a change for the teams gadgets to fail on them. Given how the films are released in a 5 year cycle, I would not be against a 5th and final MI film in 2016 (which would also mark 20 years of the MI films). It is noticable in this one that Cruise is getting older, but he still looks younger than Craig. If he doesn't age to much, I say go for it, amke one last MI film.

1. Mission Impossible III (2006)
    2. Mission Impossible (1996)
    3. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011)
    4. Mission Impossible II (2001)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @QsAssistant, the original Escape From New York was very unique and entertaining. I wonder if they would try to get Russell again for the role, if they do follow through with the remake.

I wouldn't mind if they got Russell back for a third movie or just got a new actor for a third movie in the role of Snake; they're doing the latter with the next Mad Max movie. Unfortunately they're doing a remake of Escape From New York, which means a new actor as Snake.
    While I was watching it I was thinking who would be good in the role of Snake. I kept thinking of only two men, Guy Pearce or Chris Hemsworth.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I now sat through two classic horror series, including the sequels. One of these I enjoyed. The other one: I hate.

The one I enjoy:

Don Coscarelli's highly entertaining 4 film B-series PHANTASM :P

2psj9c1.jpg

The one I hate:

The abysmal, shameless 4 film Gremlins rip-off Critters :(

Critters.jpg
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoT8zXQQRM8?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoT8zXQQRM8?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,901
    Silent-Night-Deadly-Night.jpg

Apparantly this got the same reception in 1984 that's now reserved for films made by Mr Uwe Boll. But I thought it was a good 82 minutes of christmas horror.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 23,612
    @MajorDSmythe: This film gets a pass from me BUT I must urge you to stay away from number 2. I repulsed me to the point where I decided never to touch parts 3, 4 and 5. I should perhaps clarify that the repulsion comes from it being just insultingly bad. ;-)
    So the SNDN series sufferes with Hellraiser syndrome? ;)

One of these days, i'm gonna have to finish the Hellraiser series off. I only made it as far as Inferno. I've a..... let's call it a morbid curiosity, to see if Revelations really is as bad as it's made out to be.