Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Croupier (1998) 7/10
    Clive owen is good in this film but after watching i think he would have made an average james bond.
    Movies I want :

-CGI Gummi Bears and Duck Tales
    -MASK (Mobile Armed Strike Kommand)
    -new Beavis and Butt-head
    Whip and Body with Chris Lee is interresting......it's a mystery movie , not really a horror though......
    chronicle deserved of its praise, its a good film.
    The Constant Gardener

First time I see it and I like it very much. Very well made, great acting and a good story. I've becoming more and more fan of Le Carré.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'The Royal Tenenbaums'

brilliant ! Hackman was amazing ! really funny film !
    Watched The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Mostly for Rachel Weisz. Daniel Craig is a lucky man.
    The Dead Pool (1988)
    Not the best film clint eastwood film. 6/10
    001 wrote:
    The Dead Pool (1988)

But he ended with a rather large gun. :D

Saw Captain America (2011) which is a very good movie I find. 8/10

Will see Prometheus tonight.

Prometheus (2012)
    Visualy an amazing movie, storywise very well done. I will go and see it again. This is a real 3D movie (has been filmed that way) and Scott does work with it.
    Rate it 9/10
    001 wrote:
    The Dead Pool (1988)

I have to complete the Callahan saga! I've only seen Dirty Harry...
    Ranking :

Dirty Harry
    Magnum Force
    Sudden Impact
    Dead Pool
    The Enforcer
    SaintMark wrote:
    001 wrote:
    The Dead Pool (1988)

But he ended with a rather large gun. :D

That was the best moment in the film. :0

• http://www.tonythemovie.com/uk/index.php

fab film - spooky - dark humour - great soundtrack - snuff said.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    http://www.tonythemovie.com/uk/index.php

looks great - do you absolutly recommend it ?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    http://www.tonythemovie.com/uk/index.php

THAT LOOKS AMAZING! I MUST SEE IT! The shots in that film are so captivating, especially the last few.
    @0Brady have you seen 'The Confession ?'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

No. Who is in it, and what's it about?
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Prometheus. Awesome. Not as good as the original Alien, but either on the same level or very close to Aliens. The effects are mind blowing and Scott as always does a great job of telling a story.

9/10

it's a 10 part web-series of about 6 mins per part... with Kiefer as a professional hitman who one night goes for a confession, with John Hurt playing the Priest..... it's an amazing show !!

it's a 10 part web-series of about 6 mins per part... with Kiefer as a professional hitman who one night goes for a confession, with John Hurt playing the Priest..... it's an amazing show !!

I heard about this. I'll check into it.
    I watched the Bourne trilogy in preparation for The Bourne Legacy.

I must say the movies have not lost their impact on me. The best bits are how much Bourne improvises in these movies. He's a man who is always a step ahead of his pursuers.
    SharkBait wrote:
    I watched the Bourne trilogy in preparation for The Bourne Legacy.

I must say the movies have not lost their impact on me. The best bits are how much Bourne improvises in these movies. He's a man who is always a step ahead of his pursuers.
    I'd say he's better than Bond in that department.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
    What a terrible,dull film this is.Don't watch it.
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? I thought it was brilliant! Oldman deserved an Oscar in my opinion.
    001 wrote:

que ????? I thought it was one of the best films of 2011 !!

001 wrote:

que ????? I thought it was one of the best films of 2011 !!

It's one of those films that people love or hate.
    Reading some of the reviews for this film is so strange because they are so different.
    It's like they watched different films.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 23,694
    <center>DD's David Fincher retrospective</center>

<center><font size = 4>part 1</font></center>

<center><font color = darkblue size = 6>ALIEN³ (1992)</font></center>

<center>Alien-3-03.jpg</center>

Getting myself prepared for Prometheus, I recently jumped into the Alien series again. When I'd arrived at Alien³, I decided to segue into a David Fincher retrospective.

I'm a huge Fincher fan. In my book he's a great story teller and he has an eye for good photography and editing. He doesn't need 8 angle coverage of a scene: he sets up the camera right where it belongs and holds a shot for a while rather than cutting away every two seconds, unless the energy of the scene really requires it. On top of that, Fincher's musical choices are never off. When watching his films, it feels like they were made for me. That's how I perceive them each time I watch them.

Alien³ was his directorial debut after a career as a highly acclaimed music video director. Fox and Fincher agreed on taking a certain direction with the Alien franchise. Fox wanted the continuation of a promising franchise, but Sigourney Weaver had other thoughts about it. Being a producer of this film as well as its lead star, she made her demands. Amidst all that was David Fincher, whose first theatrical movie experience would end up being a creative nightmare. Fox didn't leave him in full control of the production yet that's what Fincher wants. Alien³ left him sour and for a while, he considered stepping down from filmmaking for good.

A well-known problem with Alien³ is that it isn't Aliens², which is precisely what Fox and a gazillion fans all over the globe had wanted. Everything that Cameron had built in with Aliens (military forces, Newt, Hicks, ...) was thrown in the garbage pail after the impressively well-made opening titles sequence. Instead of expanding on the Aliens myth, Alien³ effectively reduced the canvas to a dark, no-guns, only Ripley, one alien concept. However, while Fincher takes a lot of heat for that, it should be noted that this is what Weaver had wanted it to be since Aliens jumped into production.

We got something quite different than the previous film but not necessarily something that wasn't good. A collection of talented actors (Charles Dance, Charles S. Dutton, Pete Postelethwaite, ...) graced the scenes, which themselves looked great due to impressive production design for the film. Relying more on mood than on blood and teeth to build horror, the film took a very adult approach to scary science fiction, which in hindsight was a smart move. Had each successive Alien film been nothing but a clone of Cameron's sequel, we'd grown tired of it and no-doubt they would have been pouring out cheaper sequel after cheaper sequel till we'd ended up in straight-to-video land. However, changing its course once again, the Alien franchise suddenly left a lot of fans very much confused.

It should be noted though that over the years this film has gained a lot of appreciation from fans. Its powerful storytelling, energetic acting, dark and gritty tones and almost nihilistic direction, adds to its uniqueness. The enemy we’re fighting in this film is as much a killer-E.T. as it is an enemy from within. Very often it’s human behavior, fueled by fear and strong impulses, rather than the beast itself, that gets people killed. A more abstract enemy, fought with different tools than a whole arsenal of marine guns, made for a very interesting battle which eventually culminated in a powerful and exciting third act.

Goldenthal’s score, Fincher’s directing, Thomson’s cinematography all require a bit of getting used to after the boyish excitement many of us got out of watching Aliens, but the end result, judging now as an adult, is downright fabulous. In many ways, this film honors Alien. The truth to the matter, however, is that I consider this one of Fincher’s least films, mostly because he was cut off from post-production and Fox went with it as they saw best fit. That way, it’s actually quite hard to judge which choices were ultimately Fincher’s and which were Fox’s, or Weaver’s. Yet that said, it remains a great film by itself and this comes from someone who is still a huge fan of Aliens. But as we move further into Fincher’s career, we shall see some films that I hold in a higher esteem still.

<font color = red>Final score:</font> 7,5/10
    Which version did you watch the original or the "Directors cut" ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    SaintMark wrote:
    Which version did you watch the original or the "Directors cut" ?

Both actually. I decided not to elaborate on the differences. They're both worth 7,5/10 for me.