Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oblivion (2013)

I'd like to thank @Creasy47 for all the positive messages he made about this movie that made me want to see it. What a great movie! I really enjoyed it! The music, the story, the special effects, everything is well-made. And man, Tom Cruise does not age! :)

I'm very happy I could turn you on to the film! It truly was one amazing sci-fi movie.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Die Hard With A Vengance

Watched it for the first time in a while, still the second best Die Hard film imo. But the plot is a bit stupid.

Why does Simon send Mcclane into Harlem with that sign at the start? He would've died if it wasn't for Samuel Jackson and then that would've been the end of his evil plan.

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

Saw it for the first time since the cinema and it is brilliant. Still sad that Michael died though.
    Demolition Man

"No kiss kiss no bang bang"

Extremely daft and dated but an often entertaining sci/fi farce. Stallone, Bullock, Hawthorne and Snipes are all great. Benjamin Bratt not so much.

Also the film reminded me of Hot Fuzz a fair bit/

6.5/10
    Clear History

It's a very funny movie with Larry David together with great stars like Michael Keaton, Kate Hudson, Jon Hamm and Leiv Schreiber. You could see it as another Curb Your Enthusiasm plot but it never stops to enjoyable. Highly recommended if you just want to have some fun.
    Moon (2009)
    I was dissapointed in this film as i expected it to be much better after hearing some good things about it.

6/10
  • Lone Survivor-

After all the hype for this movie I was expecting something amazing, but to be honest I wasn't too impressed. It's a fine war movie in its own right, but it's not a fine movie overall. It never did anything I didn't expect it to. By all means, see it, it's very exciting and heartwarming, but don't expect to be blown away as you may have been after, say, Zero Dark Thirty
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Fatal Attraction

Brilliantly acted classic thriller from the 80s that invented the term "bunny boiler". Would be good to see a directors cut with the original ending put back in (the existing ending is fine if a bit predictable and cheesey).

8/10
    Usual Suspects

Finally showed my GF this near perfect movie.
    WAR HORSE - brilliantly filmed as always by Steven Spielberg and his usual suspects. Also an interesting movie to see in a year that it is 100 years ago since the first Big War.

Saw a French Documentary from 1946 that used true cinema bits to show the BELLE EPOQUE in Paris from 1900-1914. Really interesting and a visual document of those last years towards an inevitable major war.

The first two episodes of Louis Feuillade's silent serials of FANTOMAS
    Argo (2012)
    Slow and boring film. 5/10
    001 wrote:
    Argo (2012)

What the hell?
    BAIN123 wrote:
    001 wrote:
    Argo (2012)

What the hell?

I didn't enjoy it at all. Maybe americans or canadians would like it like you.
    Are you american?

I'm British. Surrey born and bred :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited January 2014 Posts: 16,334
    X-Men (2000)

I haven't seen this film in a very long time. Actually I don't think I've seen it since it came out. I'm surprised on how well the film holds up. The acting is good, the special effects are great even for 2000. I'm glad to see this franchise still hold it's own timeline without recasting. Though I need to catch up on the series as I haven't watched an X-Men movie since the third on so like DarthDimi, I'm going to have an X-Men marathon very soon.

9/10
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm going to have an X-Men marathon very soon.
    Wise decision.
    Airplane

"I don't know where I'll be then doc...but I won't smell too good that's for sure"
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Airplane

"I don't know where I'll be then doc...but I won't smell too good that's for sure"

I'm going to have quotes from that film in my head all night now.

Striker: "My orders came through. My squadron ships out
    tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at
    Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the
    North, below their radar."

Elaine: "When will you be back?"

Striker: "I can't tell you that. It's classified."
    I picked a helluva day to stop sniffing glue.
    Jim never vomits at home...
    "Shit man, that honkey motha mess with ma old lady...gonna be running coal upside down his head"

TRANSLATION: Goly that white fellow should stay away from my wife or I will punch him

=)) =)) =)) That line always cracks me up

"I hope this hasn't been boring for you"
    Tell me Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
    Tell me Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Soo wrong :))

"We have clearance Clarence"
    "Roger Roger. What's our vector Victor?"
    "We need to get this man to a hospital."

"A hospital. What is it?"

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now."
    I had the pleasure of meeting that bloke back in 2000

(Thats not a quote by the way)
    Do you mean Leslie Nielson when you say "that bloke"? ;-)
    yes. Leslie Nielsen was awesome :D
    BAIN123 wrote:
    yes. Leslie Nielsen was awesome :D
    He got Altaira; he has to be.
    Nick Chevotarevich : "Heard about the happy Roman.....he was glad-i-ator !" :D

Over the Top 3.5/6

Sly as a trucker who meets up with his 10 yr old son , needless to say the son is not impressed as he left when the son was a baby.

Kickboxer 4/6

van Dammes brother gets whopped by a thaiboxer and van Damme swears revenge......but the struggle to get in shape is tough.

Last Stand 4/6

Arnold as a cop protecting US border town , prolly not as great as I expected but still decent.
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Brilliant film. Ideal to show to younger people who are studying the Holocaust and well done to the filmakers for having the courage to go through with the ending.

10/10
    BAIN123 wrote:
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Brilliant film. Ideal to show to younger people who are studying the Holocaust.

Top film. Utterly heartbreaking.