The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

It’s funny how some people are rarely bothered by their own often cringeworthy comments but are surprisingly offended by other, less appalling comments. Don’t bother, Peter.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Simply wanted the context to be understood on this forum, that's all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Simply wanted the context to be understood on this forum, that's all.
    I didn't take offense to your comment or the one you were responding to. Glad you pointed it out though because I rarely view her films, had no idea about her situation and so took the initial comment in the manner in which I'm sure it was originally intended - namely that she was well endowed.

EDIT: RE: Layer Cake - I've never been a fan of that film, although Craig is superb in it. I much prefer The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as a film, although he shares the spotlight in it with Mara, who pretty much own it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now that we’re kind of on topic, I would like to see Craig and Jolie collaborate on an A-List action film. I liked the pair in TR, and I wish they had more screen time.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    I watched the trailer of Layer Cake. To be honest it looks awful with awful humor too. Like some "oh we are so hip and groovy" type of film.
    I realize it's only a trailer of course.

TGWTDT on the other hand looks highly interesting, can't wait to see it.
  • I watched the trailer of Layer Cake. To be honest it looks awful with awful humor too. Like some "oh we are so hip and groovy" type of film.
    I realize it's only a trailer of course.

TGWTDT on the other hand looks highly interesting, can't wait to see it.

Layer Cake is great and was what got Craig the Bond gig. Not a big fan of TGWTDT myself but I haven't seen it since it was released to be fair.

If you want to see how good an actor he is you should really check out Our Friends In The North. I never see that mentioned on here. Has anyone else seen it? I know @Shardlake is a fan.
    Its good, but for ne, Some Voices is better to Show Daniels acting Skills.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, I really must not have seen Flashbacks of a Fool in ages, had no clue Mark Strong was in it. That man always seems pretty great at accents, like Gary Oldman.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote: »

Never seen it but I've just looked it up and I think it's one I'll have to check it out at some point. Same writer as Our Friends In The North, and with Kelly Macdonald (think she'd be a great Moneypenny) and David Morrissey too? Sounds great. Cheers @Germanlady.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Germanlady wrote: »

Never seen it but I've just looked it up and I think it's one I'll have to check it out at some point. Same writer as Our Friends In The North, and with Kelly Macdonald (think she'd be a great Moneypenny) and David Morrissey too? Sounds great. Cheers @Germanlady.

It's good. It is currently available to stream for Amazon prime members.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Am I really the only one who loved Craig in Sword of Honour?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Am I really the only one who loved Craig in Sword of Honour?

I did watch it once on my Craigathon, before CR came out, and I remember that i liked his performace, but i don't remember much more than that. The movie felt ok to me, it looked more like a TV production.
    It did. Thing is... Craig's portrayal of Guy Crouchback was quite close to the books whenever I pick up to read the books, I keep seeing Craig's face in it. It's my favourite performance of his right next to his Tomb Raider performance, followed by Bond overall, and then Tuvia Bielski in Defiance.
    It did. Thing is... Craig's portrayal of Guy Crouchback was quite close to the books whenever I pick up to read the books, I keep seeing Craig's face in it. It's my favourite performance of his right next to his Tomb Raider performance, followed by Bond overall, and then Tuvia Bielski in Defiance.

We are pretty much on the same Page. I loved Defiance, i need to see that again sometime, together with Munich.
    00Agent wrote: »

We are pretty much on the same Page. I loved Defiance, i need to see that again sometime, together with Munich.
    Munich. Now, that was a hell of a film! :D
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185

Agreed. Spielberg almost never disappoints.
    It showed Craigs ruthless side and pretty much gave us a glimpse into what his future Bond would be. A mix between his intensity in Munich and his cool adventurer in Tomb Raider.

Agreed. Spielberg almost never disappoints.
    It showed Craigs ruthless side and pretty much gave us a glimpse into what his future Bond would be. A mix between his intensity in Munich and his cool adventurer in Tomb Raider.
    You, sir, know your stuff! :D
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185
    And so do you @ClarkDevlin
    "To us, Mr Devlin, we are the best."
    And so do you @ClarkDevlin
    "To us, Mr Devlin, we are the best."
    "Ready to save the world, @00Agent?"
    "After you, @ClarkDevlin";
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    For England, Clark?
    For England, Andi. Always for England. ;)
    Just starting to show his age a little bit,but i'm sure he will be all sorted out and ready to go come B25.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    "And Daniel Craig took a break from his hectic work commitments as he hosted the screening and reception for the comedy crime flick Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri in New York on Wednesday. "

Am I missing something? It's only B25 on the horizon for him at the moment, no? Or is there another project underway I'm unaware of.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Just starting to show his age a little bit,but i'm sure he will be all sorted out and ready to go come B25.

Yeah I think he definitely looks his age at this point, but the great thing is that doesn't matter because his films actually address how old he is. Bond 25 will probably start off with him in retirement, so looking older isn't a big deal.
    Just thought I'd leave this here. :D

HirCw2s.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @ClarkDevlin, both of those are great movies!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Most certainly they are! In fact, I'm a very huge fan of Where Eagles Dare, it was my recruitment to the world of Alistair MacLean. I wish Craig headlines one of the adaptations of his books where he plays some sort of a military special forces operative.