The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    peter wrote: »
    @AgentJamesBond007 went on my instagram and will pull them over to this site.

As I said to Agent, more will be incoming, once I calm down. I have been in meetings with actors and I have been an outsider introduced to others (Pacino, Cage), but I lost my sh*t when I saw Craig step out of the limo

Haha! Would be funnier to see pictures of that.
    https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/08/00/18202924-7439069-image-m-237_1567898045069.jpg

Why does he keep wearing those awful sneakers with suits? He looks like a five year old.
    https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/08/00/18202924-7439069-image-m-237_1567898045069.jpg

Why does he keep wearing those awful sneakers with suits? He looks like a five year old.

Eheh, Craig and Malek will have fashion to talk about on set, right?

Really awful style, that one. But something someone would do to keep attentions off the Bond film he is currently filming and on the film he is currently promoting. The one interviewer who said he was a real-life-walking James Bond made him look to his shows and say..."well, not quite"...or something to that effect. I suppose that was what he was going for when you chose those funny-looking converse.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Guys... He just broke his goddamn ankle, let the man be comfortable. Still better than wearing sandals.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Guys... He just broke his goddamn ankle, let the man be comfortable. Still better than wearing sandals.

Right?

Although he did had sneakers with the navy blue linen suit in Jamaica, before he broke his ankle ;)

Hell, he should wear whatever he wants.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,554
    00Agent wrote: »

He's always had a love of wearing sneakers (or trainers), especially Converse.

Sometimes, it doesn't work. But sometimes it really does:

daniel-craig-rooney-mara-dragon-tattoo-paris3.jpg

dctrainers.jpg

49bb977810fdce546ac6c17b7b1beca6.jpg

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Whatever happened to @Germanlady ?
    Great to see positive reviews for Knives out! :-bd
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If anyone wants to see the pics of Craig in Toronto, please search out sheldrickpeter on Instagram.

He looks... AWE... SUM.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Awesome pics @peter glad you got to see him in the flesh!
    DCisared wrote: »
    Whatever happened to @Germanlady ?

She is banned.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Awesome pics @peter glad you got to see him in the flesh!

It was awesome @Red_Snow ... to see him move... he genuinely oozes cool.
    ‘Knives Out’ Sequel Starring Daniel Craig Already Being Eyed by Rian Johnson
    https://indiewire.com/2019/09/knives-out-sequel-rian-johnson-daniel-craig-1202172165/

“I’ll tell you, the truth is I had such a great time working with Daniel Craig and I had so much fun doing this on every level, from writing it to making it,” Johnson said. “I’ve never really been interested in doing sequels, but this, the idea of doing more of these with Daniel as his character, is not sequels. It’s just what Agatha Christie did. It’s just coming up with a whole new mystery, a whole new location, all new cast, whole new mechanics of the appeal of a mystery and everything. It’d be a blast.”
    https://indiewire.com/2019/09/knives-out-sequel-rian-johnson-daniel-craig-1202172165/

“I’ll tell you, the truth is I had such a great time working with Daniel Craig and I had so much fun doing this on every level, from writing it to making it,” Johnson said. “I’ve never really been interested in doing sequels, but this, the idea of doing more of these with Daniel as his character, is not sequels. It’s just what Agatha Christie did. It’s just coming up with a whole new mystery, a whole new location, all new cast, whole new mechanics of the appeal of a mystery and everything. It’d be a blast.”

Good for DC if this does happen?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Some early reviews saying Dan deserves an Oscar nom for knives out. Can’t wait to see it.

Some early reviews saying Dan deserves an Oscar nom for knives out. Can’t wait to see it.

I really hope so. That would be terrific.

Would be great if he got an Oscar nom, but Golden Globe nom seems more likely.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I actually mentioned the idea of Knives Out being the start of a new series for DC's Benoit Blanc sometime back and it looks like now it could be a reality.

Can't wait to see it at the end of November.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I actually mentioned the idea of Knives Out being the start of a new series for DC's Benoit Blanc sometime back and it looks like now it could be a reality.

I remember that, @Shardlake and thought of you when I read Rian's idea to continue with this character.

I hope it makes the bank to warrant another, since most reviews have been top tier.

Good call, mate.

P
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Looks like Craig will finally have a hit as a lead actor outside of Bond.

All-star murder mystery Knives Out is a bloody clever good time

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F07%2Fknives-out-ko_d25_09844_r_rgb.jpg&w=1050&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

I will definitely give it a watch when I have time.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F07%2Fknives-out-ko_d25_09844_r_rgb.jpg&w=1050&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

But he is not necessarily the "lead."

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Could be. I was under the impression it was Craig's movie because they announced a possible sequel with only him returning.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    peter wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

I remember that, @Shardlake and thought of you when I read Rian's idea to continue with this character.

I hope it makes the bank to warrant another, since most reviews have been top tier.

Good call, mate.

P

Thanks my friend, as we know great reviews don't always transfer into good box office although I feel good vibes on this.

As the reviews pointed out this kind of thing hasn't been done for a while and needed being given a new spin as Johnson appears to have done here.

Can't wait to see it.

@TripAces I believe it's more of an ensemble but DC was cast first in role I believe written for him by Johnson and most like his attachment got it green lit.

He appears first on the poster and is getting a good percentage of the raves over his performance, so I would say DC is a close to a lead as this film gets, especially if Rian is considering another film with his character and a whole new cast.

He'll definitely be the lead next time round.

The detective in a mystery is nearly always the lead.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

Absolutely. "Knives Out" could become a pivotal film in Craig's acting career. So far 43 critics in (probably all from TIFF) and no single "rotten" review". I also checked my Flipboard earlier, and especially Daniel Craig gets raving reviews for his role:
    6UnHLrr.png

The film comes out in November, so I do think this is also perfect extra free publicity for "No Time To Die". I think the chance is now quite big that Craig gets an Oscar nomination. Just imagine if he even wins it. That would mean a tremendous publicity uplift for his final outing as 007.
    2019 Oscar Contenders Lead Chicago International Film Festival Selections
    https://forbes.com/sites/travisbean/2019/09/11/rian-johnson-terrence-malick-michael-b-jordan-lead-chicago-international-film-festival-selections/#1f63b5515ea7

'Knives Out' will be the Centerpiece Gala at the Chicago International Film Festival from 16 - 27 October, 2019.
    4waHWWr.jpg

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Painful.