SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Ed83 wrote: »
    He was pretty coy when asked by Ross. I think it's all about who they will get to direct and which direction they want to take the series in after SP. Unless something major happens, I think it's highly likely to see Dan back for another. I just wish they could tighten the production schedule up a bit.

Was the interview with Ross recent or did it happen during filming?

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Here in the UK, it's been almost impossible this weekend to escape SPECTRE's impending arrival. As well as the Jonathan Ross special, the TV spots are running continually on the commercial channels. In fact, just been watching Homeland on Channel 4 and the last ad break was entirely Bond related. As well as the TV spot there were Bond ads for Gillette razors, Sony mobile phone, Belvedere vodka and Heineken...safe to say the promotional push has been ramped up a notch!
    June, i think. Last set standing.
    Interesting that the Ross interview had such a big spoiler in it.
    delfloria wrote: »
    That Jonathan Ross episode/show ? Thank you for telling me this, I wasn't sure if I should watch it.

I'm trying to stay as much as spoiler free as possible.....and with all the things on my facebook feed....I already know more than I want :D

What "big" spoiler.. it must not be so big if I'm not immediately aware of it.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    There was a spoiler? I honestly did not catch it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I caught one but it was nothing that hasn't been released officially. I understand some people want to keep away from that stuff, including the theatrical trailer.

There was one in the Monica Bellucci interview.
    She tells Ross the fate of her character. Not everybody knew that.
    And there was a fact about Swann that I had never heard of or seen in any of the trailers. Sounds like it was not big deal to most because they had heard it else where other than the trailers. It think that info outside the trailers, which are supposed to be for general consumption, would be considered a spoiler.
    And there was a fact about Swann that I had never heard of or seen in any of the trailers. Sounds like it was not big deal to most because they had heard it else where other than the trailers. It think that info outside the trailers, which are supposed to be for general consumption, would be considered a spoiler.

The info about Swann is in the official synopsis, that was released in July together with the trailer.
    So it will be even on the back of the DVD-cover I assume.
    Wouldn't call that a spoiler anymore.
  • delfloria wrote: »

This particular piece of information is also in the production notes being distributed to theaters (linked two pages or so earlier in this thread).

• This particular piece of information is also in the production notes being distributed to theaters (linked two pages or so earlier in this thread).

And these production notes contain a very strong hint on a spoilerific info, that answers some hypothesis about something that is a hot topic of discussion for those who stayed spoiler-free.

I'm afraid the journalists and reviewers will think it's then ok to reveal it in their reviews ?

• This particular piece of information is also in the production notes being distributed to theaters (linked two pages or so earlier in this thread).

And these production notes contain a very strong hint on a spoilerific info, that answers some hypothesis about something that is a hot topic of discussion for those who stayed spoiler-free.

I'm afraid the journalists and reviewers will think it's then ok to reveal it in their reviews ?

Reviewers either will or won't based on how they usually operate. Don't know about the journalists.
  • If the real identity of Oberhauser will be as rumoured, then I'm sure several big-media reviews are going to spoil it one way or another. A lot of so called professional film critics have no qualms about spoiling key plot points and twists.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,693

This particular piece of information is also in the production notes being distributed to theaters (linked two pages or so earlier in this thread).

Huh............. I read the production notes and that info on Swann was not included. Until I watched the Ross special I did not know who EXACTLY Swann's father is.

If as one poster here with inside info noted, a few trusted reviewers have already seen the film, I can't help but think that a few of you already know what the early reviews will look like. There were some hints a week or so ago, but maybe you must protect your sources. If I remember correctly Skyfall had some great early reviews as it looked like EON lifted the embargo date knowing the reviews were very positive.

If the early reviews are from major critics like Mark Kermode who was very friendly to Mendes on Skyfall, they can impact the US and the rest of the world's reviewers as they likely all are screening later than GB. I know Wilson is quoted as saying that the film wouldn't be finished until a day or two before the 21st, but studios that are confident in a film, will often screen it early even though some CGI etc. is not quite finished. Shouldn't we start to read hints, if not actual reviews late on the 21st?
  • delfloria wrote: »

Huh............. I read the production notes and that info on Swann was not included. Until I watched the Ross special I did not know who EXACTLY Swann's father is.

I sent you a direct message.

I stand corrected that the information I was talking about is contained in the production notes. What I heard was only a spoiler to me. Thanks AW.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The reason Waltz was so nice in that Jonathan Ross interview is because Ross seemed more interested with actually chatting and having a laugh.

Waltz has had to put up with countless reporters who all think there is only one question worth asking when it comes to Waltz. These halfwits blurt it out and ruin the rest of the interview.

I found that all of the cast seemed relaxed and playful around Ross, not overly guarded or cold. I think Ross's laid back interviewing style may have helped here. It's a bit like everyone else is trying to force the big answers out by pissing off the actor, and Ross understands that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Were so blessed to have Ross Norton in the UK. Much better than all those insane Americans.
  • Yeah i think interviews for the film will be better on TV shows as its more relaxed, unlike the press stuff in the hotel rooms that just seems to make all the actors annoyed and bored.
    All? The majority? Really? All the interviewers? Those not on Fox TV? Any other category you want to throw in your kitchen sink, @Mendes4Lyfe.? Like celebrities or Bond fans? Just checking. I am American, and I beg to differ. We are not all insane - or have you been blinded by the Kardashian overkill? That can obliterate things for awhile, sure, even globally.
    antovolk wrote: »
    I think when it comes to this film in particular, for me I found all this especially interesting, with the script leak and all. Yes I have read the most recent leaked draft but that doesn't as much spoil the experience for me because it's exactly like when you have these super popular book adaptions - you're excited about how they'll bring the story to the screen. If anything, in a similar way to how people enjoy these adaptions and the process, it made following the production and the marketing extrenely enjoyable, as the scenes literally came to life. And of course I can't wait to see the finished product.

I have been avoiding major spoilers and still am. So don't give me any details, but can you let me know how many drafts of SPECTRE have actually been leaked? And when was the most recent leak? Thanks. :) Just curious as to that; again, without details. If you'd rather pm me, please do.

I think when it comes to this film in particular, for me I found all this especially interesting, with the script leak and all. Yes I have read the most recent leaked draft but that doesn't as much spoil the experience for me because it's exactly like when you have these super popular book adaptions - you're excited about how they'll bring the story to the screen. If anything, in a similar way to how people enjoy these adaptions and the process, it made following the production and the marketing extrenely enjoyable, as the scenes literally came to life. And of course I can't wait to see the finished product.

I have been avoiding major spoilers and still am. So don't give me any details, but can you let me know how many drafts of SPECTRE have actually been leaked? And when was the most recent leak? Thanks. :) Just curious as to that; again, without details. If you'd rather pm me, please do.

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    From what I know there are 2 leaked scripts, the most recent from december

2 drafts, one dated October 17, another December 1.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    SPECTRE F*** magazine cover
    http://jb007it.xyz/spectre/spectre-covers-69-of-f-magazine/
    and Craig on working with Scott:
    http://jb007it.xyz/spectre/spectre-covers-69-of-f-magazine/
    Both from RedSnow
    Also, please, follow us on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/007ons
    All? The majority? Really? All the interviewers? Those not on Fox TV? Any other category you want to throw in your kitchen sink, @Mendes4Lyfe.? Like celebrities or Bond fans? Just checking. I am American, and I beg to differ. We are not all insane - or have you been blinded by the Kardashian overkill? That can obliterate things for awhile, sure, even globally.

My apologies Mister. I was merely referring to the American media, not citizens. I should have made it clearer. :-h
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

My apologies Mister. I was merely referring to the American media, not citizens. I should have made it clearer. :-h

You need to apologise again @Mendes4Lyfe, @4EverBonded is a Lady /:)
    Sandy wrote: »

You need to apologise again @Mendes4Lyfe, @4EverBonded is a Lady /:)

EEKKKK... It is deeply regrettable, m'lady. Please forgive me. [-O<