SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I'm not sure about the girl, but the stunt double with the mask is Gordon Alexander. :)
    the lady is Gemita Samarra
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    leas_mole wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the girl, but the stunt double with the mask is Gordon Alexander. :)
    the lady is Gemita Samarra

Yeah good shout, can see she does a lot of stunt work for Game of Thrones.
    The Telegraph captured Daniel Craig in all his James Bond glory:

james-bond-craig-b_3307831k.jpg

;))

New to the cast:

Eric Coco as Bodyguard and Tim Hammersley as Spectre Analyst (uncredited).

007travelers.blogspot.dk/2015/05/eric-coco-and-tim-hammersley-join.html
    Zekidk wrote: »
    New to the cast:

Eric Coco as Bodyguard and Tim Hammersley as Spectre Analyst (uncredited).

007travelers.blogspot.dk/2015/05/eric-coco-and-tim-hammersley-join.html

Now the question is: will they be bald?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    After seeing OHMSS, I really hope this film will be at that level.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Music-wise I can tell you it won't be. Not even close.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,756
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Music-wise I can tell you it won't be. Not even close.

Well that's a given, but still...
    feels-bad-man.jpg
    Nightmare combination for the music: Newman and Sam Smith. It couldn't get worse.
    I don't get all this anti-Newman talk. I thought Skyfall was a fabulous score. Not sure about Sam Smith though.
    Sam smith was announced? I am in hols, so excuse the ????
    NO!!! Just my .02 opinion that I don't think we could get a poorer combo than the two of them. Sorry to those that like him, and I know Newman is competent, but I don't think he is capable of writing a single great melody line. Arnold could, for all his faults, and he knew what Bond needed. Newman writes what he wants which too me sounds like action movie elevator music. Obviously he's Mendes' bad choice, like Logan. As for Sam Smith, he is the absolutely worst fit for Bond. I can't believe EON could be so dumb as to give him this totally undeserved shot at a Bond song. I shutter at the outcome.
    Not sure if this has been posted before but makes me chuckle and thought a link to this video is (off topic but) a good watch
    Not sure if this has been posted before but makes me chuckle and thought a link to this video is (off topic but) a good watch

Germanlady wrote: »

Where is the link to the announcement and thanks for not answering
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I don't think there has been any official statement on who is to sing the theme, yet. ;)
    But most money seems to be on Sam Smith.
    Thanks Doc, at least someone bothers to answer. So folks get all heated over a non confirmed rumour?
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 14,834
    I know nothing about Sam Smith. I'd rather have Adele again. Or Shirley Bassey. Or Duffy as a poor man's Shirley Bassey. But I reserve my judgment about Sam Smith, as I know zilch about him.
    Sam Smith really are you kidding me!
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Guys, Sam Smith is not official. It's still only a rumour which has been going since early in production - I'm not saying that he isn't, but I am saying that we should wait until an announcement before we celebrate/commiserate the eventual outcome.
    Florence and the Machine would be perfect.
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I don't get all this anti-Newman talk. I thought Skyfall was a fabulous score. Not sure about Sam Smith though.

We'll see. Hopefully Newman smartened up, though I'm doubtful because he doesn't really seem like he has a drive to do it.

I'm hoping for some Barry nods in the winter portions of the film.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hope for Barry and expect Zimmer nods.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Where is the link to the announcement and thanks for not answering

He did answer you. He said "NO!!!!" Thus, it's a rumor and hasn't been confirmed.
    I read and still do it as a "Nooooo", this cant be true. Not as an answer to me.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 14,834
    I read and still do it as a "Nooooo", this cant be true. Not as an answer to me.

Agreed. "No! Not him!" means "they are going for a choice I hate".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

You asked if Sam Smith was announced, to which he replied no, that was just his opinion that the combination of Sam Smith and Thomas Newman couldn't be poorer. The rest of his comment trails off into something that sounds more concrete, but still, there's no confirmation of any sorts on the Internet, other than the 'sources' who rumored it back in November/December 2014.
    I don't care who the artist is so much.
    More concerned about the quality of song.
    ie will it be Bondian.
    Who knew that new wave popsters such as Duran Duran could turn out such a worthy Bond title?
    But they had Barry overseeing their work.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You asked if Sam Smith was announced, to which he replied no, that was just his opinion that the combination of Sam Smith and Thomas Newman couldn't be poorer. The rest of his comment trails off into something that sounds more concrete, but still, there's no confirmation of any sorts on the Internet, other than the 'sources' who rumored it back in November/December 2014.

Sam Smith is recovering from surgery on his vocal chords. Think with timescale unless it's already produced he's out of the frame.
    I'm convinced that the score by Newman will be terrific. As for the title song, I'm hoping they will get someone who is A. female, B. not British.