SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Why not British?

We've only had one British artist in the whole Craig era.

This film needs a male voice, I'm still pinning my hopes on The Arctic Monkeys or Depeche Mode.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Guys, is there any word yet on a second trailer? Dying for some new footage!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Unfortunately not, merely speculation and guessing at this point!

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I think people should restrict their title song hopes to people who are hot now. If they haven't had a hit in 5 years they're not getting the nod. The song is important for marketing the movie, so they want someone who is relevant now.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    when was the first teaser for skyfall? may 21st ish? I think this whole campaign is different though, they are marketing this film much differently by the look of the first teaser
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I read and still do it as a "Nooooo", this cant be true. Not as an answer to me.

You asked if Sam Smith was announced, to which he replied no, that was just his opinion that the combination of Sam Smith and Thomas Newman couldn't be poorer. The rest of his comment trails off into something that sounds more concrete, but still, there's no confirmation of any sorts on the Internet, other than the 'sources' who rumored it back in November/December 2014.

Sam Smith is recovering from surgery on his vocal chords. Think with timescale unless it's already produced he's out of the frame.

Surely an act of God.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,043
    Sark wrote: »
    I think people should restrict their title song hopes to people who are hot now. If they haven't had a hit in 5 years they're not getting the nod. The song is important for marketing the movie, so they want someone who is relevant now.

Then the Arctic Monkeys are still likely, DM was more like my wishful thinking.

I'm set up to be disappointed but on the off chances AM get the job I'll be delighted.

They can go for who's hot if they likebut as I said a wimpy ballad is not going to cut it.

As for not being bothered who song is by if the song is good, if the artist unsuitable I don't see how the song can be good, these things normally go hand in hand.

I read and still do it as a "Nooooo", this cant be true. Not as an answer to me.

You asked if Sam Smith was announced, to which he replied no, that was just his opinion that the combination of Sam Smith and Thomas Newman couldn't be poorer. The rest of his comment trails off into something that sounds more concrete, but still, there's no confirmation of any sorts on the Internet, other than the 'sources' who rumored it back in November/December 2014.

Sam Smith is recovering from surgery on his vocal chords. Think with timescale unless it's already produced he's out of the frame.

Surely an act of God.
    Bit much.

DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Unfortunately not, merely speculation and guessing at this point!

Yeah. Most likely guess is either Sony's Aloha next week or Jurassic World a few weeks after that (altho I think online right at the end of this month to fit their video-once-a-month schedule). They won't wait ages to release the next trailer, the fact that they had the teaser out two months before Skyfall's says as much.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138

Surely an act of God.

Hey Bro, I think Smith has a great recording voice, not so impressed with him live he struggles to reproduce live. I like his tunes and he seems a respectful pleseant man. But I don't want him on Spectre either, Spectre doesn't need a ballad I think it needs something gritty with a dirty chugging guitar riff with big orchestral elements like a grittier "You know my name" but with that mix of classical and Rock.

Artic Monkeys for me. Alex Turner would do a great job here is pretty much a past audition from his last shadow puppet days.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So Saturday they're filming again on the Thames? I think close ups this time.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Ben and Léa - Les Inrockuptibles interview (rough translation)

After Cannes, the actors will return to England to the set of the new James Bond, Spectre, where they embody the gadget man, Q, and Bond girl. "A very long shooting," Ben Whishaw "Yes, but I was told that this will be the best James Bond of all the series" Who told him? "Sam Mendes".

Une fois pas­sé leur in­ter­mède can­nois, les ac­teurs re­tour­ne­ront en An­gle­terre sur le pla­teau du nou­veau James Bond, Spectre, où lui in­carne l’homme-gad­get, Q, et elle une James Bond girl. “Un tour­nage très long”, souffle Ben Whi­shaw, im­mé­dia­te­ment re­pris par sa par­te­naire : “Oui, mais on m’a dit que ce se­ra le meilleur James Bond de toute la sé­rie !” Qui le lui a dit ? “Sam Mendes”, lâche-t-elle dans un grand rire.

CFhk5OPUkAAUpna.png
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    "Yes, but I was told that this will be the best James Bond of all the series"

Please please please let it be so...or at least come very close to being so...

young-eskimo-boy-attending-church-praying-during-church-services.jpg
    With the air of mystery surrounding the film, I can only assume the title song we get will be ominous, much like SF. That's my guess.
    Its probably going to be Sam Smith since they were saying Adele turned it down.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It won't be Arctic Monkeys (most likely), as they don't have enough commercial appeal.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,756
    I really want a theme like this, I think it would suit Spectre very nicely (if you hear it with the Spectre trailer side-by-side it works).

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    This is not the appropriate thread to suggest title tracks. I really would prefer to come here for updates on the production.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    This is not the appropriate thread to suggest title tracks. I really would prefer to come here for updates on the production.

There really aren't any happenings going on until filming picks back up again, and I don't see why getting on the topic of talking about the title song is off limits or off topic in a thread concerning the entirety of SP's production.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Just fyi I think there is a thread for whom should sing the title song for whomever is interested.

@mcdonbb, there is, but once again, the conversation turned to the title song, which shouldn't necessarily be off limits in a Production Timeline thread. At least the film's being discussed.
    Why not turn this into another Newman vs Arnold thread, also? As long as the film is discussed, right? ;-)
    If it's that big of an issue, why is anyone replying, then? There's nothing to talk about, right? Filming isn't going on and there's no news.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited May 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Not sure if it's really a Bond shooting. Anyway, this comes from Twitter.

@charlierowing: #SPECTRE filming taking place in Maiden Lane #007 #JamesBond

CFoYtUmWEAEvsFz.jpg

CFoYtUuWEAAIczT.jpg

CFoYtU0WMAAH05f.jpg

And this is from @redeclimited: Usual day at work, just hanging out watching #Spectre being filmed in London...

CFnInudWIAASwFS.jpg
    Apparently Ralph Fiennes has been spotted on set.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Ian Pead will be Andrew Scott's stunt double in SPECTRE.

CFoZYF_WAAA7Bj7.png

Obviously Scott's character Denbigh will be involved in some action then.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Confirmation for more Thames filming tomorrow night:

@philverney: Confirmed for the new Bond film, Spectre this weekend. Westminster Bridge closed over Saturday night for filming.
    CFXSRhFW0AAAqBJ.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Not sure if it's really a Bond shooting. Anyway, this comes from Twitter.

@charlierowing: #SPECTRE filming taking place in Maiden Lane #007 #JamesBond

CFoYtUmWEAEvsFz.jpg

CFoYtUuWEAAIczT.jpg

CFoYtU0WMAAH05f.jpg

And this is from @redeclimited: Usual day at work, just hanging out watching #Spectre being filmed in London...

CFnInudWIAASwFS.jpg

I was down there today. Nothing to suggest it was SP. Decent restaurant, though.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @mcdonbb, there is, but once again, the conversation turned to the title song, which shouldn't necessarily be off limits in a Production Timeline thread. At least the film's being discussed.

True ...really no big deal with me.

I think everyone needs a news fix lol

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I think they were filming Spectre:

11378227_447729258737286_170897744_n.jpg