SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    jamesdut wrote: »
    Can I just say this moaning about spoilers is crazy. For those people who don't want to know about the production then don't use this thread our anything to do with SPECTRE! Please. It's your choice to come and look so don't complain after thankyou.

To be clear their is a Spectre thread for both! With and without spoilers! I stick to the without spoilers as you suggest, however I have now just seen something that has ruined a part of the film for me which I am not impressed with.

Oh I hope not... usually plays out better on screen. You're always so enthusiastic ...I appreciate that and it pumps me up so chin up mate
    :D
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Can I just say this moaning about spoilers is crazy. For those people who don't want to know about the production then don't use this thread our anything to do with SPECTRE! Please. It's your choice to come and look so don't complain after thankyou.

To be clear their is a Spectre thread for both! With and without spoilers! I stick to the without spoilers as you suggest, however I have now just seen something that has ruined a part of the film for me which I am not impressed with.

We did it on purpose so you don't expect it to be the great scene it will be and you will be amazed. all for the love of Bond B-)
    As I read it, Rogue meant, he was not impressed with knowing that detail. I can be wrong, of course.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I think, the entire SonyLeaks scandal has really blurred the topics, and has also confused us all. From the very first moment these SonyLeaks went public, there were two fierce movements on the MI6-forum: Those who instantly become very anti-SonyLeaks and who want to not read any spoilers. And a group who didn't care, who actually were pro-SonyLeaks, and openly wanted to discuss the matter.

If that happens, things become even more blurry when the "normal" legal spoilers are being posted. For instance the spoilers from the new Empire Magazine article, the actual official V-blogs from EON Productions (which in essence are spoilers too) and the on-site production reports. Hence all the irritations and accusations.

But I do want to say, that every logical thinking person needs to know that this "Production Timeline"-topic can never be spoiler-free. The very nature of this topic makes it prone to spoilers. Especially when on-site pictures are being posted, one can actually SEE, predict and forecast how a particular scene will look like in the film!

Anyway, I suggest the following to all MI6COMMUNITY-moderators:

--> Maintain this "SPECTRE Production Timeline"-topic, with a heavy spoiler tag. A bit like this:
    "SPECTRE Production Timeline -- POSSIBLE SPOILERS"

--> Create a 2nd production timeline topic, like this:
    "SPECTRE Production Timeline -- FREE OF SPOILERS". In that topic there should be a tiny manual, in which posters are requested to post their spoiler-free stuff. Also, obviously, in that topic it is not allowed to post on-set production pictures! This should be a topic where people are discussing possibilities, due to rumors. Not leaked factual outcomes, due to SonyLeaks, movie articles or on-set production diaries.

--> Maintain the already available:
    "SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!"-topic

And dear @nikos78? Please take into account that also a bit of common sense should be used from your side. This is a "Production Timeline"-topic. If you click on it, you arrive in a zone where the production of "SPECTRE" is being discussed in great detail. In there you'll always find spoilers, just like upcoming spoilers of official trailers and official video-blogs.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Can someone tell me whether the post "Detlev Bothe Speaks" on the James Bond News page is free of (major) spoilers? I saw a link in this thread to a newspaper article that warned of "heavy spoilers".

Well, Bothe talks about what kind of character he is playing and with whom he is interacting in that capacity. (imagine something like this: "I'm playing a playboy, and I'm going to try and seduce the protagonist's wife...") The article on the news page removes the the "kind of character" and only mentions with whom he interacts (in relation to the above it's like: "There is a sexy scene with actress xy - I won't tell how it turns out.")
    I don't know how "heavy" that is in your book.
    As a newby, I have been very impressed by how well people are behaving re the leaks, to be fair, none of us a perfect and its pretty hard to not let your knowledge of the script influence what you write/post (even at a sub conscious level), once the leaks were published, its going to be an upward struggle. It reminds me of the Likely Lads.
    I am not sure if its possible to keep up to date on the production but at the same time, avoid all spoilers or more subtle inferences.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Thanks @roko. In my book that is OK and I'll trust that MI6-HQ doesn't spoil the experience for me.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I think, the entire SonyLeaks scandal has really blurred the topics, and has also confused us all. From the very first moment these SonyLeaks went public, there were two fierce movements on the MI6-forum: Those who instantly become very anti-SonyLeaks and who want to not read any spoilers. And a group who didn't care, who actually were pro-SonyLeaks, and openly wanted to discuss the matter.

If that happens, things become even more blurry when the "normal" legal spoilers are being posted. For instance the spoilers from the new Empire Magazine article, the actual official V-blogs from EON Productions (which in essence are spoilers too) and the on-site production reports. Hence all the irritations and accusations.

But I do want to say, that every logical thinking person needs to know that this "Production Timeline"-topic can never be spoiler-free. The very nature of this topic makes it prone to spoilers. Especially when on-site pictures are being posted, one can actually SEE, predict and forecast how a particular scene will look like in the film!

--> Maintain this "SPECTRE Production Timeline"-topic, with a heavy spoiler tag. A bit like this:

"SPECTRE Production Timeline -- FREE OF SPOILERS". In that topic there should be a tiny manual, in which posters are requested to post their spoiler-free stuff. Also, obviously, in that topic it is not allowed to post on-set production pictures! This should be a topic where people are discussing possibilities, due to rumors. Not leaked factual outcomes, due to SonyLeaks, movie articles or on-set production diaries.

"SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!"-topic

And dear @nikos78? Please take into account that also a bit of common sense should be used from your side. This is a "Production Timeline"-topic. If you click on it, you arrive in a zone where the production of "SPECTRE" is being discussed in great detail. In there you'll always find spoilers, just like upcoming spoilers of official trailers and official video-blogs.

Not a good idea to have two production timelines. Then you have two the same, if not similar threads.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Re Gustav: --> Create a 2nd production timeline topic, like this:

I doubt, that is really helpful, as it will only add to the confusion IMO. Three threads about the same subject will be even harder to maintain properly. My suggestion would be to simply put, when in doubt, your post in tags. Better one too many then one too few.
    All in all it works well enough, I believe. There is no chance, spoiler free people like myself, will end up without knowledge about plot and scenes, when we choose to participate. Question is, how much and that is entirely up to those, who know more and post.
    I have to say that those complaining about spoilers in this thread are being a bit silly. Ridiculous, even. How can you come to a thread called "Spectre Production Timeline" and think you're going to stay 100% spoiler free? My wife, for example, is absolutely determined to stay as spoiler free as possible for this movie...so you know what she does? SHE DOESN'T COME TO THIS FORUM!
    I'll add that knowing there is a car chase in a Bond movie is vague at best when it comes to spoilers.
  • RC7RC7
    In all honesty, if I didn't want to know any spoilers about a Bond film the last place I'd come is a James Bond forum. Once the leak happened a few of us were sceptical about those who'd digested the emails/scripts etc gradually spreading that information, whether by accident or not, onto other threads. As it happens everyone appears to have stuck to their word and it's nice to know that no one is either deliberately or accidentally spoiling things. What is happening in this thread is that people are drawing conclusions based on materials that are being released throughout production, whether blurbs from magazines, or on set photos. This was always going to happen, it always does. People have to decide when enough is enough and then walk away if they feel the info is coming too thick and fast. What I will say is that nothing discussed in this thread has been 100% confirmed as far as I'm aware, it's all still educated guesses and/or speculation. If you've had a stunt spoiled by looking through a thread of photos, I guess that was to be expected.
    I have to say that those complaining about spoilers in this thread are being a bit silly. Ridiculous, even. How can you come to a thread called "Spectre Production Timeline" and think you're going to stay 100% spoiler free? My wife, for example, is absolutely determined to stay as spoiler free as possible for this movie...so you know what she does? SHE DOESN'T COME TO THIS FORUM!

That's a bit drastical. But indeed, one should think before entering this topic :-).
    My advice to people who are worried about spoilers: read the screenplay! :bz Ok, it won't work for everyone, but here is the reason why it worked for me:

During the production of Skyfall I wanted to watch every video, see every picture, read every little bit of news about the movie. Not this time. Since I already know the whole plot, I don't have the urge to watch every video and see every photo of the production. So I think that ironically I will be less spoiled going into Spectre than I was in 2012 right before Skyfall.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Back to business. Here are the photo album from last night (March 3rd) shooting in Rome. http://imgur.com/a/ioawW

xN9qCDd.jpg

Guess they didn't remove all the graffiti!
    Jsh4xpU.jpg
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    That's a neat picture. I like the lights from the cars shining blue in the orange night.
    The colours throughout the Rome shot are incredible.
  • tqbtqb
    ^ sweet pic
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Oh I hope not... usually plays out better on screen. You're always so enthusiastic ...I appreciate that and it pumps me up so chin up mate
    :D

I hope so too, just very frustrating as pretty much everyone has been brilliant in being careful what they post.

We did it on purpose so you don't expect it to be the great scene it will be and you will be amazed. all for the love of Bond B-)

Maybe? But I don't want to know about scenes that are going to make you go :-O I want the magic of the movie to do that to me.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    As I read it, Rogue meant, he was not impressed with knowing that detail. I can be wrong, of course.

You read my meaning correctly GL. However it is time to move on as their is no point crying over spilt milk.

Back to business. Here are the photo album from last night (March 3rd) shooting in Rome. http://imgur.com/a/ioawW

xN9qCDd.jpg

That is a stunning image!

With all due respect, trailers and videoblogs are one thing (you either click on them or not, by choice) and comments like "there goes the DB10 into the Tiber" out in the open without a spoiler warning, quite another. Anyway, no harm feelings. :)
    On the way home from work I notice that there are signs up stating that Whitehall will be closed southbound on sunday morning from 4am until 0930. I wonder if it's Spectre related.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560

craig_kaye The #Carabinieri Police Car used in #Spectre in #Rome on Monday night around the #Vatican
    #007 12min

10995010_790992434313878_672856048_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/933377992560991595_1427529342

VIDEO: craig_kaye Watching #Spectre getting filmed in the #Vatican - #007 #JamesBond 6h

http://websta.me/p/933209856478011338_1427529342
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Well, what we see in these photos may not be the look of the actual shooting.

In particular, all the orange taints we see on many photos could come from the fact that the photographers who take these shots use the "low light white balance" on their photo cameras, while photographing white lights coming from the city street. If they had their photos taken with "tungstene white balance", the orange taint would be far less prominent, the image would appear more cold/white (but well, as they would look closer to what the eye see, they would indeed be less nice to see). The last ones with the boat is taken by a photographer who did not use the "low light white balance" automatic setting many others had IMO. Hence less orange taints, and more cold/blue colours.

I can take pictures tomorrow night in Paris if people want to see how easy orange taints appears in night city street photos now with the new photo cameras and the new lightings. How they are shooting the movie itself as far as white balance goes is still a mystery. And maybe it's gonna big hard shadows again like in SF, maybe something totally different, no one knows until the trailer...

(ie : this one from the Rome shooting : http://i.imgur.com/rWHVQiI.jpg that looks so different from the others on http://imgur.com/a/ioawW#73 here the orange colour is not "real")

Very good video from the filming in Vatican City.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    saxby wrote: »
    On the way home from work I notice that there are signs up stating that Whitehall will be closed southbound on sunday morning from 4am until 0930. I wonder if it's Spectre related.

I hope it is Spectre related!
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,277
    And from last night in the Tiber.

For a moment I thought Dan was back in Rome. When is he returning?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Are they filming at Via degli Sciaolia tonight?
    Well, what we see in these photos may not be the look of the actual shooting.

(ie : this one from the Rome shooting : http://i.imgur.com/rWHVQiI.jpg that looks so different from the others on http://imgur.com/a/ioawW#73 here the orange colour is not "real")

Thanks for explaining. For me, the "orange" look in the first link is a lot more atmospheric then the more "real" look in the second link. When I made am evemning city cruise around NY, that city was GOLDEN. I so loved that look and will never forget it. Plus it was REAL. So its possible. This looks the same, whether it is artificial or natural light. I hope, they use it.