SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Absolutely stunning pictures!

ZfB6SJX.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    That is one epic picture. Can't wait to see it all lensed up.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Hey @RC7, this is interesting for you ;-). I recall that you found it a bit inappropriate that the entire city would be cleaned, including the removal of graffiti. Well, this is quite an interesting picture then, as it shows a graffiti painted skateboarding structure is actually quite an obstacle for the car chase....deliberately ;-):
    11008303_1599629900249808_1345425437_n.jpg

This part hasn't been filmed yet. But wouldn't it be lovely if a bunch of scary skateboarders see these cars coming :-P?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    New addition to the cast:

Tony Paul West as Spectre Mob Boss

MV5BMjA5NjUyNjQwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTkwMDg0NDE@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Hey @RC7, this is interesting for you ;-). I recall that you found it a bit inappropriate that the entire city would be cleaned, including the removal of graffiti. Well, this is quite an interesting picture then, as it shows a graffiti painted skateboarding structure is actually quite an obstacle for the car chase....deliberately ;-):
    11008303_1599629900249808_1345425437_n.jpg

This part hasn't been filmed yet. But wouldn't it be lovely if a bunch of scary skateboarders see these cars coming :-P?

Hey, I noticed some graffiti in another shot too. Very happy with that!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I also uploaded a new video from last night, on James Bond Brasil's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1047642991919646
    chipsticks wrote: »
    craig_kaye The #Carabinieri Police Car used in #Spectre in #Rome on Monday night around the #Vatican
    #007 12min

10995010_790992434313878_672856048_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/933377992560991595_1427529342

VIDEO: craig_kaye Watching #Spectre getting filmed in the #Vatican - #007 #JamesBond 6h

http://websta.me/p/933209856478011338_1427529342

Guys? I'm really offended eh :-P. Astonished that no one mentioned it. Because it's official. British car brand LOTUS makes its return in the James Bond films!

Obviously the Italian Carabinieri in "SPECTRE" is driving the Lotus Evora!
    m1aytr0b9sf6_800.jpg
    m1fym6jbdof5_800.jpg
    Very good video from the filming in Vatican City.

Hmmm, they are making the stairs near the Ponte Visto "flat" with concrete at the end of the above video ;-). Obviously this could be the part where the cars move down from the normal streets towards the river bank of the Tiber!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 203
    I am kinda concerned that this car chase will be seen as dissapointment compared to something out of the fast franchise! bond should stick to creative stuff (i.e. prokure in CR ... not tried and tested car chases! not may ways to improve unless you go the non-sensical route like the fast franchise!
    mnhettia wrote: »
    I am kinda concerned that this car chase will be seen as dissapointment compared to something out of the fast franchise! bond should stick to creative stuff (i.e. prokure in CR ... not tried and tested car chases! not may ways to improve unless you go the non-sensical route like the fast franchise!

I disagree. The definition "car chase" itself isn't very original and creative. It isn't the most original stunt, because it has been done so many times before. Car chases have been done many many times. By your definition, the car chase from "Ronin" is also a "creative disappointment".

The fact that you're mentioning the "Fast and the Furious"-franchise I find kind of weird. The chases from those films are indeed very exciting and entertaining, but not material for James Bond. I saw the cars being parachuted out of an airplane in the "Furious 7"-trailer. Great entertaining stuff, but it's not a car chase....and it's stuff you'll never see in a Bond film (although DAD comes close, but then again that's also the most ridiculous Bond film...).

I agree that a car chase can be re-invented to something more creative and unique. But in all honesty, I see that happening right now with the "SPECTRE"-chase. Moreover, a good car chase IMO, that is about real driving skills, is never a disappointment.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    It's raining really hard here. I don't know if they are going to film

:((
    aaron819 wrote: »

:((

Don't worry...come now ;-). Weather has always influenced filming of Bond films. Did one of those 23 Bond films ever suffered from it? Were premiere dates changed? Was the film lacklustre in quality because of this ;-)? I don't think so.
    I'm going to check
    Lights are on. It seems they are going to shoot but later during the night
    Lights are on. It seems they are going to shoot but later during the night

I guess you are in for a long night;-)
    I'd like but no. It's raining really hard, all the streets near via degli scialoja are closed, and there is a lot of traffic. And tomorrow I have to go to work early. :(
    Anyone seen the Lotus Evora S in my previous post :-P!? Come onnn guys, that's quite nice news! British car brand Lotus is back in a Bond car chase ;-)!
    @Gustav_Graves I wonder if the Carabinieri use the Lotus under water ;)
    JCRendle wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves I wonder if the Carabinieri use the Lotus under water ;)

:D no, but it is stuff for a joke or pun :-P. James Bond 007: "A Lotus won't save your life these days...?!" =D>
    "Ah the Lotus, a decent car - but apt to leak"
    JCRendle wrote: »
    "Ah the Lotus, a decent car - but apt to leak"

Great one too hehe
    :D

In all honesty though, this car chase is shaping up as one big British car brand reunion: Aston Martin, Lotus, Jaguar. I love it ;-).
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560

The retrofitted-for-filming Jaguar CX75 for #Spectre, James Bond 007. This is the car of Bond's nemesis. High speed chase happening by the Tiber. Vrooom!! #Rome

61d77405a2b51995e08c4a3e112a266b.jpg

VIDEO:

http://websta.me/p/933209856478011338_1427529342
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Not much, just Andrew Scott talking with Lorraine about his projects, and of course, about Bond. He starts to talk about SPECTRE around 4:25.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    That's a neat picture. I like the lights from the cars shining blue in the orange night.

Absolutely!!!

• edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining. For me, the "orange" look in the first link is a lot more atmospheric then the more "real" look in the second link. When I made am evemning city cruise around NY, that city was GOLDEN. I so loved that look and will never forget it. Plus it was REAL. So its possible. This looks the same, whether it is artificial or natural light. I hope, they use it.

I think that a city at night will have the look the Director of Photography wants, there's no strong colour to relate to. The sea under the sun has to be blue... not much room for a change, but a wall of a city at night... even if the light is truly "orange", you can change it as you wish.

I'd be surprised if they go into the strong orange atmospheric tones like Collateral, for instance, but well no one knows.

jamie-foxx-collateral-300x199.jpg

The colour in my opinion will be exactly that type of orange You can see in pictures. All the lights i've seen were orange, streetlights has been covered by orange covers to look, well, orange. So I think that' the look he wants to give
    The colour in my opinion will be exactly that type of orange You can see in pictures. All the lights i've seen were orange, streetlights has been covered by orange covers to look, well, orange. So I think that' the look he wants to give

I am glad to hear that. Thanks :)

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

The color orange a nod to OHMSS? : http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.nl/2015/02/spectre-jaguar-c-x75-on-location-in.html

JWPepper wrote: »

The color orange a nod to OHMSS? : http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.nl/2015/02/spectre-jaguar-c-x75-on-location-in.html

Very interesting article. Thanks @JWPepper