SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

For all we know M liked to have her office refurbished.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I don't think so, wouldn't make any sense

@Germanlady What wouldn't make sense?

To make an announcement one week in advance. But sorry, if this article turns out to be untrue after all.
  • RC7RC7
    JCRendle wrote: »
    the film's brand new MI6 headquarters
    *sigh* Why on Earth does every single Bond movie in the Daniel Craig era have brand new MI6 headquarters?
    because the last headquarters (the Vauxhall Cross building) suffered major damage when Silva set off a bomb and the headquarters they used after was mentioned to be temporary...

That may explain why they will have a new one in Spectre, but does not explain why they had new headquarters in QOS and why the interiors of Vauxhall Cross looked completely different yet again in SF.
    But they were the same headquarters, just different rooms...

QoS was different, Forster just wanted to change the aesthetic.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    Great pictures don't know if anyone's seen the updated IMDb cast list:
    Alessandro Cremona ... Marco Sciarra
    Denis Khoroshko ... Palazzo Russian Boss
    George Lasha ... Ukrainian Businessman
    Wilhelm Iben ... Syringe Heavy
    Bodo Friesecke ... Man in Cable Car
    Andy Cheung ... Chinese Businessman
    Amra Mallassi ... The Train Waiter
    I wonder what
    Palazzo
    is and why it has a
    Russian boss
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Looking forward to the video! Looked at the scans (by the way thanks for sharing @aaron819) and despite a few interesting tidbits there's a lot of guesswork that some might carelessly take for fact.
    I wonder what
    Palazzo
    is and why it has a
    Russian boss

@JCRendle
    Palazzo is Italian for palace.
    Not sure that was the explanation you were looking for but there you have it.

Thanks @Sandy :), I meant more in the context of the film - I did know the translation, but am intrigued by the
    Russian Boss
    part.
  • This is probably the most excited I've been for a Bond film, I think it may be because this seems like the first proper Bond film in a while considering we've had the reboot, the one I like to forget but sort of enjoyed and the celebration which all had kind of more personal themes attatched. Although this film seems to have elements of "personal" I think it'll be back to the pre-reboot Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I agree @jobo. A cliche.

I'm waiting for the day a Bond 'woman' just comes out and honestly admits she was chosen first for her looks and secondly for her acting prowess. It really would put a different spin on the marketing for sure. :)
  • RC7RC7
    Thanks @Sandy :), I meant more in the context of the film - I did know the translation, but am intrigued by the
    Russian Boss
    part.
    As it also features 'Chinese Businessman' and 'Ukrainian Businessman' it fits that the Blenheim scenes were awash with expensive cars. Perhaps a meeting place for an elite group of individuals.
  • To be honest, for me, the "Bond's equal Bond girl" is more of a familiar trait like femme fatale or whatever. So, I don't mind them saying it, I don't think it means what it says I just think it's more of a character type than a direct description of the character. Bond's equal, could mean agent or it could mean a girl with a tough personality. I don't mind that a lot of actresses say 'Bond's equal'.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the day a Bond 'woman' just comes out and honestly admits she was chosen first for her looks and secondly for her acting prowess.

Are you suggesting that Lea was cast mainly for her looks rather than her acting skills?
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    I just took snapshots of the digital version of the Empire April 2015 issue.

Here are the screenshots:

1VRG0vR.png
    KUfhUZz.jpg
    Hr5SUzF.jpg
    ivLxM1p.jpg
    5lAbuWv.jpg
    8dhwa4H.jpg
    KWyIRJY.jpg

Thank you so much @Aaron819 . Stunning article, and it also confirms many of my anticipations.
  • RC7RC7
    This is probably the most excited I've been for a Bond film, I think it may be because this seems like the first proper Bond film in a while considering we've had the reboot, the one I like to forget but sort of enjoyed and the celebration which all had kind of more personal themes attatched. Although this film seems to have elements of "personal" I think it'll be back to the pre-reboot Bond.

I'm a little bit gutted myself that QoS seems to have stumped the progression of the Craig era, and it now seems like they're fully reverting to type. Not that it isn't exciting, but part of me is disappointed. I always thought the DC era would be really distinct and not really resemble the other films in too many ways.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the day a Bond 'woman' just comes out and honestly admits she was chosen first for her looks and secondly for her acting prowess.

Are you suggesting that Lea was cast mainly for her looks rather than her acting skills?

Not Lea, but certainly some of the Bond 'girls' over the years. I'm not complaining. I don't care either way. We need thespians and we need eye candy. Both are essential to the Bond universe.

However, as @jobo suggests, it's somewhat tiresome to hear the same Bond 'woman' line about being 'Bond's equal' etc. We hear it every time there's a new Bond film. It's like they're trying too hard. Bond has no equal imho. That's why he's Bond ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Now begins the wait for this teaser trailer...great shots, loving Hinx's double barreled pistol.
    Im trying to think of a Bond girl that hasnt been pitched as "Bond's Equal" Since License to Kill.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    It has just been confirmed by a reliable source from Colombia that the video blog will be released at 12:00 (local time in Colombia) - that's in 45 minutes from now.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Now begins the wait for this teaser trailer...great shots, loving Hinx's double barreled pistol.

The gun already make him stand aside.

Ludovico wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The gun already make him stand aside.
    Stand out darnit. I can't seem to edit with my phone.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    This is probably the most excited I've been for a Bond film, I think it may be because this seems like the first proper Bond film in a while considering we've had the reboot, the one I like to forget but sort of enjoyed and the celebration which all had kind of more personal themes attatched. Although this film seems to have elements of "personal" I think it'll be back to the pre-reboot Bond.

I'm a little bit gutted myself that QoS seems to have stumped the progression of the Craig era, and it now seems like they're fully reverting to type. Not that it isn't exciting, but part of me is disappointed. I always thought the DC era would be really distinct and not really resemble the other films in too many ways.

For me personally the Brosnan era lacked any real distinctiveness. Brosnan's films for me always were like "trying to create a near-perfect blend of previous Bond outings, but then resulting in rather soul-less, copy-paste work of those previous films".

I think that's completely different with the Craig-era. IMO they ARE very distinct, have way more "soul", are tightly connected together because of continuity, and most of all work way way better because of truly believable characters. Something even the later Connery flicks did not have.
  • That would 12pm EST for the video
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    the video is online:

• here it is!
    3 in one go. Good job guys :D
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

For me personally the Brosnan era lacked any real distinctiveness. Brosnan's films for me always were like "trying to create a near-perfect blend of previous Bond outings, but then resulting in rather soul-less, copy-paste work of those previous films".

I think that's completely different with the Craig-era. IMO they ARE very distinct, have way more "soul", are tightly connected together because of continuity, and most of all work way way better because of truly believable characters. Something even the later Connery flicks did not have.

Brosnan's films are unashamedly a greatest hits era. I don't think it was ever really billed as anything beyond that. With DC I felt like CR set a template that the subsequent films would follow, I wasn't actually sure we'd see Q, MP, gadgets or any of the most distintive tropes throughout his tenure, I thought CR was so strong they wouldn't need to, instead leaving it bubbling under for the next actor. It felt like a launchpad to go and do everything a little differently. However, it seems QoS gave them cold feet, so in SF we got both MP and Q, the old MI6, the GF DB5 etc. I think SP will continue that trajectory, albeit with a twist. Q's lab will be back, no doubt. We'll probably have a classic villain's control room style lair and so on and so forth. I just often wonder where we'd be creatively if QoS had done SF figures because I think we'd be somewhere more interesting. Not necessarily better, or more exciting, but interesting.
  • M's office looks great. The shot of Bond with the PPK is awesome.