SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Murdock wrote: »
    There's a double barreled 1911.
    Double-Barrel-1911-1.jpg
    They should put that in IMFDB web on the SPECTRE Page.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Not to be negative, but I can't help rolling my eyes a bit when yet another Bond girl claims she's "strong and smart, Bond's equal". Haven't we heard it before...? It seems to me that angle has been milked to death already, but I hope they can pull it off convincingly this time...

I actually laughed at that part.
    IF Bond ever worked with a female equal, it could turn into some kind of buddy movie (which would be a new direction) but not sure if it would work
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,619
    the film's brand new MI6 headquarters
    *sigh* Why on Earth does every single Bond movie in the Daniel Craig era have brand new MI6 headquarters?
    If you managed to get your hands on that script, don't smugly assume that it bears any resemblance to the finished product. "It was a very old version" continues Broccoli.
    Really? The version from December 2014 was a very old version? =)) Please!

On a more positive note: I love the photos, Lea and Dave both look great!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    There's a double barreled 1911.
    Double-Barrel-1911-1.jpg
    They should put that in IMFDB web on the SPECTRE Page.

I just posted it on the IMFDB SPECTRE discussion page. If the powers that be on that site deem it worthy, they'll upload it to the main SPECTRE page.

Chris Corbould OBE @Chriscorbould1 · 13h 13 hours ago
    Just got back from Rome! Beautiful city and exciting times!
    jobo wrote: »
    Not to be negative, but I can't help rolling my eyes a bit when yet another Bond girl claims she's "strong and smart, Bond's equal". Haven't we heard it before...? ;)) It seems to me that angle has been milked to death already, but I hope they can pull it off convincingly this time...

These are meaningless buzz words. Vesper Lynd was described as such, Camille too, yet they were very different characters, both very vulnerable I might add.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 7,500
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Not to be negative, but I can't help rolling my eyes a bit when yet another Bond girl claims she's "strong and smart, Bond's equal". Haven't we heard it before...? ;)) It seems to me that angle has been milked to death already, but I hope they can pull it off convincingly this time...

These are meaningless buzz words. Vesper Lynd was described as such, Camille too, yet they were very different characters, both very vulnerable I might add.

I believe it is too… and I hope so! It would be very disappointing if Swan turned out to be yet another 'agent on assignment' for someone or… something. (:| Its such a cliché by now… And it doesn't seem to suit Lea either. She looks more like a perfect innocent, warmhearted girl, caught in some drama which is seemingly out of her capabilities. A new Kara of sorts… Those are my hopes anyway. She doesn't necessarily have to play the cello... although I'd welcome it. :P
    Do we think they'll add other cars in in post?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,167
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm assuming there will be underwater scenes taking place in the Tiber, after Bond's DB10 falls off the Ponte Sisto.
    Why? We know that Bond won't escape a drowning car, but by parachute, so what's the point of seeing the DB10 sinking to the bottom of the Tiber?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

You haven't heard it before because it's never happened before....apart from knife wielding, independent Honey, Russian Agent Tatiana, Pilot Pussy Galore, Japanese agent Kissy, Kick ass girl Tracey, diamond smuggler Tiffany, Russian agent Anya, CIA agent Holly Goodhead, cross bow wielding vigilante Melina, leader of (wo)men Octopussy, ex CIA pilot Pam, Chinese agent Wai Lin, nuclear scientist Christmas Jones, NSA agent Jinx and double agent Vesper.

Otherwise Bond has been lumbered with a right bunch of wimps.
    New video blog due today.

More behind the scenes footage from 'Spectre' in offing

Another accident on 'Spectre' set
    Russians see spectre of looming cold war
    Vodka Martini 'shaken, not stirred' for James Bond in 'Spectre'
    24th James Bond film 'Spectre's star cast announced
    The second video blog of the 24th James Bond movie "Spectre" will be aired Thursday on www.007.com to give a behind the scenes glimpse of the upcoming action thriller film.

Focusing on director Sam Mendes, the footage will feature Daniel Craig as James Bond along with his co-stars Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw.

"The reason I'm doing the second Bond movie are the reasons I would do any movie, really, which is all to do with the story. And in this movie, 'Spectre', what you have is a movie entirely driven by Bond. He is on a mission from the very beginning," Mendes said in a statement.

Talking about Bond, Mendes further added: "It's about whether or not to pursue the life he's always pursued, whether he matters and is he going to continue or not."

The story of the film is about a cryptic message from Bond's past which sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service, MI6, alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind the organisation Spectre.

In addition to the second video blog, a new photograph of Mendes will be available on the official site of "Spectre", which is slated to release Nov 6, 2015.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/more-behind-the-scenes-footage-from-spectre-in-offing-115022600760_1.html
    Wow, great news. Thanks for the heads up @Germanlady. :D
    What time do they come usually?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The first one was released at 7 AM (GMT)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    A couple of Instagram videos put together from last night (Feb. 25th) shooting in Rome.

• the film's brand new MI6 headquarters
    *sigh* Why on Earth does every single Bond movie in the Daniel Craig era have brand new MI6 headquarters?

Well, it's only plain logical as:
    A) The end of "SKYFALL" saw a new less high-tec, more scaled down office for "M" and Miss Moneypenny (Hell, it resembles even the good-ol Bernard Lee office). So you should logically assume that MI-6 is back at Whitehall. Somewhere around here:
    Octopussy+Mi6.jpg
    B) Don't forget that MI-6 at Vauxhall Cross got blown up. Perhaps therefore the short boat sequence on the River Thames will evoke some dialogue like this: "Tanner? What's currently happening to our previous offices at Vauxhall Cross. Silva should have done a better job at destroying it....."?
    C) From a business-operational point of view, MI-6 has been f*cked up tremendously by "M"s predecessor (played by Dame Judi Dench). Just take into account the insane high amount of traveling costs Judi Dench' "M" used, and how under her management MI-6 got severely compromised (similar to the PRISM-scandal with NSA). So it's back to a well-needed downscaling of MI-6, back to its core-business: Bond does the travelling, Ralph Fiennes "M" is heading MI-6 from Whitehall.

So there's absolutely no *sigh" at all for me.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 188
    @aaron819 much obliged ;)
    Amazing picture of Hinx. So glad we have a truly original henchman, at least in looks. Read: he's not a Grant clone.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    "The reason I'm doing the second Bond movie are the reasons I would do any movie, really, which is all to do with the story. And in this movie, 'Spectre', what you have is a movie entirely driven by Bond. He is on a mission from the very beginning," Mendes said in a statement.

Talking about Bond, Mendes further added: "It's about whether or not to pursue the life he's always pursued, whether he matters and is he going to continue or not."

This sounds awesome!
    First of all, we are getting another character-based movie, not (just) focussed on the crash-boom-bang, but on the inner workings of the protagonist. Fits right in with the Craig era, so no-one should be surprised, but it's good to have confirmation.

Second, it's a story of soul-searching, doubt, questioning oneself etc. Tortured heroes - I love those!

because the last headquarters (the Vauxhall Cross building) suffered major damage when Silva set off a bomb and the headquarters they used after was mentioned to be temporary...
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    there is written "official site of SPECTRE". So, are we expecting site release today, or just 007.com?
    there is written "official site of SPECTRE". So, are we expecting site release today, or just 007.com?

It also says "Thursday." The post is from today, so could they mean NEXT Thursday?

JCRendle wrote: »
    because the last headquarters (the Vauxhall Cross building) suffered major damage when Silva set off a bomb and the headquarters they used after was mentioned to be temporary...

That may explain why they will have a new one in Spectre, but does not explain why they had new headquarters in QOS and why the interiors of Vauxhall Cross looked completely different yet again in SF.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Reorganization of operation, they changed floor.
    HRs are terrible these days.

Regarding the VideoBlog, I don't think they mean next Thursday, but today.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Does anyone have any thoughts on will the videoblog be released today or next Thursday?

JCRendle wrote: »

That may explain why they will have a new one in Spectre, but does not explain why they had new headquarters in QOS and why the interiors of Vauxhall Cross looked completely different yet again in SF.
    But they were the same headquarters, just different rooms...

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Do my eyes deceive me, or did Gustav utter a criticism of SF and QoS? ;)

I think the new Bond girls should just say "she's no Mary Goodnight" and leave it at that. It would give the same message.
    I don't think so, wouldn't make any sense
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I don't think so, wouldn't make any sense

@Germanlady What wouldn't make sense?