SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• tqbtqb
    Its a good thing Bond comes out in Nov and doesnt compete with summer blockbusters.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    My wallet is going to take a pounding come 2015 at the theaters.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    2015 is going to be an epic year for movies and even though I'm thoroughly excited, my allegiance is to Bond and Bond 24 needs to really produce something exciting and fun. Some people here were adamant that Bond should be released in the summer again and I the back and forth debates I had with said people was extensive. That being said, Bond 24 being released in the summer would be suicide unless it opened the summer but S things stand now with an Autumn release, Bond is going to have to deliver something memorable and iconic if it hopes to make anywhere near $billion again. As a standard I think Bond 24 can make around the 800 million mark but it's going to have to smash audiences over the head, reminding the world why Bond is the coolest in the midst of your Star Wars, Superman/Bamans and Avengers.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 820
    Who cares of colour of the Bond girl hair what culture type of the Bond girl. Longer the Bond girl is sexy.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Mine too but I am ok with that
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    doubleoego wrote:
    Some people here were adamant that Bond should be released in the summer again and I the back and forth debates I had with said people was extensive. That being said, Bond 24 being released in the summer would be suicide

I am nostalgic about going to see a Bond movie in the summer but I agree with you that Summer 2015 would not be a good time to put your product out there. There have been certain summers that Bond could have done well but it's difficult to be able to predict these things.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Mine too but I am ok with that

Same here! We all better start saving now peeps! :))
    doubleoego wrote:
    2015 is going to be an epic year for movies and even though I'm thoroughly excited, my allegiance is to Bond and
    doubleoego wrote:
    2015 is going to be an epic year for movies and even though I'm thoroughly excited, my allegiance is to Bond and Bond 24 needs to really produce something exciting and fun. Some people here were adamant that Bond should be released in the summer again and I the back and forth debates I had with said people was extensive. That being said, Bond 24 being released in the summer would be suicide unless it opened the summer but S things stand now with an Autumn release, Bond is going to have to deliver something memorable and iconic if it hopes to make anywhere near $billion again. As a standard I think Bond 24 can make around the 800 million mark but it's going to have to smash audiences over the head, reminding the world why Bond is the coolest in the midst of your Star Wars, Superman/Bamans and Avengers.

I'm not so much concerned about the $800 Million mark to be honest. 'Skyfall' did wonders for the Bond franchise and truly upgraded the franchise from already big levels to very very big levels.....levels that are Batman-esque and Iron Man-esque.

The fact that huge tentpole name Sam Mendes will be back -the first time since Terence Young and John Glen directed back-to-back films-, makes a repeat of a $ 1 Billion mark more realistic.

I always said it and I say it again: EON Productions and Sony Pictures finally upscaled the franchise I have been wanting all these years. It's logical to think that Bond 24 will again have a big Hollywood starcast.

I'm already looking forward to Bond 24 :-D!!!!
    doubleoego wrote:

I'm not so much concerned about the $800 Million mark to be honest. 'Skyfall' did wonders for the Bond franchise and truly upgraded the franchise from already big levels to very very big levels.....levels that are Batman-esque and Iron Man-esque.

The fact that huge tentpole name Sam Mendes will be back -the first time since Terence Young and John Glen directed back-to-back films-, makes a repeat of a $ 1 Billion mark more realistic.

I always said it and I say it again: EON Productions and Sony Pictures finally upscaled the franchise I have been wanting all these years. It's logical to think that Bond 24 will again have a big Hollywood starcast.

I'm already looking forward to Bond 24 :-D!!!!
    Can someone delete the first three posts please? I got a big 'error' on the forum....and now it looks like I am a narcist :-/
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Avatar 2 is a film that looks unlikely to be released in 2015 to me.

oh yeah I forgot Avatar 2 as well.
    Yes Bond 24 does have some heavy compitition for 2015 but they are not all going to be released the same month. Heres when I think all these big block buster movies will be released.

Star Way- May
    Avengers 2- Summer time
    Hunger Games- November
    Bond 24- November

So I think that the only compitition Bond 24 has is the Hunger Games in november. All the other big time movies are spread out not all together. Bond 24 will probably make over a Billion. Thats what I think at least
    I agree with what @Gustav said earlier in his post. Mendes coming back at the very least increases the chances of Bobd 24 reaching the billion dollar bracket again and imo Mendes has never made a bad movie so I'm pretty confident with his skills as a director coupled with his knowledge as a knowledgable Bond fan in general and addressing his mistakes on SF and the likelihood of putting together another great cast, it's not hard to be optimistic about the success if Bond 24.
    There's also the little matter of:

ID4 2
    Jurassic Park 4
    Terminator 5

All these films are heading for a 2015 release too. It's going to be the busiest summer ever. My fear is that they could end up cancelling each other out in terms of generating revenue in the theatres, or even worse, some could be moved to the October/November period.
    And another Pirates movie! Dear ole Johnnie Depp will want a hit movie after recent B/O failures for his standards. Love him in the role but was a little underwhelmed after the 4th film.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Avatar 2 is a film that looks unlikely to be released in 2015 to me.

oh yeah I forgot Avatar 2 as well.

I said unlikely. I can't see it being released so soon.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Assassin's Creed are also two other could-be-big films coming out that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_film
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Don't forget Jaws 19.

I know, right? This is heavy.
    I dread the day Jaws is remade I know it will happen I still dread it though
    Risico007 wrote:
    I dread the day Jaws is remade I know it will happen I still dread it though

Even that can be done I think. Albeit in a more horrific, realistic way. What about a JAWS that is really scary and where young kids will not say 'Bring him backkk pleaseee'!!

One could think of an on-screen killing where we hear and see screaming and blood in proportions like we saw in 'LTK' (explosion of Krest's head) or even in....'Saw' :-).
  • AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    Jaws wouldnt fit in with the Craig films, i doubt EON will bring him back.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 2,015
    doubleoego wrote:
    Mendes coming back at the very least increases the chances of Bobd 24 reaching the billion dollar bracket again
    You all keep yawning at such considerations, but the hard truth is that, for instance, Iron Man 3 had roughly a +100M$ bonus compared to Skyfall because of rate exchange variation. In 2 years from now, yes it can be from -300 to +300 for movies with similar box offices, and you'd be the richest man in the world if you could guess the real value, so as you see it has quite some impact on the billion dollar bracket.
    Read what I said carefully. I said Mendes' involvement increases the chances not that we're guaranteed to enter the billion dollar bracket.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Read what I said carefully. I said Mendes' involvement increases the chances not that we're guaranteed to enter the billion dollar bracket.

What makes you say that?
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 2,015
    doubleoego wrote:
    And where did I say the contrary ? I just pointed out that a very important factor for this arbitrary bracket is the strength of the dollar (dollars are "only" 1/4th of the global box office for Skyfall, Europe was a more important market than the US for it, etc...). If it weakens, billion dollar movies will be far, far, more numerous than before, if it strengthens, Avatar's record is here to stay (even with inflation) for many years. We may be talking about +/- 200M$ of change for a $1bn movie due only to rate variations over 3 years (no one can predict it though).

Hollywood is looking to China market not only because it grows very fast, but also because US politics (both sides) are asking China to let its currency reach a "fair value", which would mean getting stronger and stronger quickly (so far "only" +30% in 6 years). That's why many say the box office there will become more important than in the US quite fast.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 203
    so bond 24 will try to cater to the chinese box office ... i wonder if the chinese government will have a say in the script ... like iron man 3!
    mnhettia wrote:
    so bond 24 will try to cater to the chineese box office ... i wonder if the chineese government will have a say in the script ... like iron man 3!

SF already tried to pander to the Chinese. A Chinese production company was used for the film though their involvement with the film was not as major a factor as with many other Hollywood-Chinese co-productions.

So many films are chasing after the Chinese markets. Both Looper and Iron Man 3 being the biggest examples (both films had entire segments specifically filmed for Chinese audiences). Transformers 4 is also looking to be going down the same road by hiring big-name Chinese actors and holding a reality show/X-Factor type show for people to win a part in the film. Johnny Depp's Transcendence is also a Hollywood-Chinese co-production. Look how sickly this video is:

Bond 24 will likely go down the same route, but I hope not as badly as some Hollywood productions.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Rory Kinnear was a guest on The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday and talked about Bond a little. No news but he mentioned how big Bond was and the fact that everyone will see the films weighs on him and said he'd love for Tanner to go to "some more glamorous hot spots again" after skipping them for Skyfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b037xqn6/The_Andrew_Marr_Show_28_07_2013/
    My God, I didn't realize how many giant sequels will be released in 2015. The current "Battleground" title of this thread sums it up very nicely.
    IMO 900 mill is the limit now.