SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I hope the gunbarrel is right in the middle of the movie.

Just kidding. No seriously I kind of hope it actually starts the PTS, as in it is integral to it.
    End, middle, 3 quarters through....doesn't really matter. The Craig-era has purposefully purged the opening gun barrel entirely from the series. It was a great iconic opening for all Bond films for 20 films and 40 wonderful years. RIP
    It's gone until it comes back. Don't hold your breath.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Murdock wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    i would love it if the Hans Zimmer rumors are true cause I would love to hear what sound he would create for Bond

no_zps6menmr6g.gif

Agreed. The only sound Zimmer would create is the same sounds he made for The Dark Knight, Man Of Steel and any of the other samey soundtracks he produces today. Get someone who actually cares about composing music instead of someone who just uses the same themes and slightly changes them. Damn this simplistic music. It's ruining film scores with it's blandness. We need a new John Barry and Jerry Goldsmith. I want to hear more to my film music than "NehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuh...Bwa BWAAAAAAAAA." That's not music. That's filler noise.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. I think Zimmer's soundtrack for Bond would be reminiscent of Inception, which, IMO, was a better soundtrack than all of the Brosnan and Craig films. Normal people would actually recognize this soundtrack, it's popular. Thomas Newman music compilations on Youtube have maximum about 80,000 views, whereas Zimmer has at least 10 million views combined. This is what Bond needs. Bond needs a composer that will provide a big, memorable soundtrack. Thomas Newman just simply can't bring this to the table. Zimmer does this for a

It really is a minor detail to speculate, but I believe that Barbara attending a Hans Zimmer concert (as someone on this forum had mentioned) has more meaning than we think.
    Even though film music seems to be on high at the moment, most of it is far fro being popular, and that includes acclaimed masterpieces by the most acclaimed composers, like John Williams or Jerry Goldsmith. Classically influenced music is usually not much recognized by "normal people". Just play them a random track off a Barry Bond score and see if anyone recognizes it.
    Bond doesn´t need a mill clicks on youtube, especially not after SF being the financially most successful film in the whole series. What Bond needs is a decent film score. Zimmer doesn´t do such a thing, just ask him, he´s an honest guy and will tell you the same.

=))
    timmer wrote: »
    I will only believe in the opening gunbarrel's return, when I actually see it. Been burned twice already when we had every reason to believe it would be back for both QoS and SF, but wasn't.

RE B24, my guess is that all is going according to schedule, or well enough anyway.
    I honestly don't think that either lead Bond girl or lead villain casting has been firmed up.
    Both Seydoux and Bautista were leaked, which means I don't think the other two main parts have been nailed down.

this is true we hopefully will still be on task for filming.. (Didn't the living daylights film for like 2 weeks with no 007 cast?)
  • I'm getting fed up with this topic :-O . I mean, I came here for news.....Barbara & Michael punish us for all these leaks -the title "Skyfall" in particular- three years ago. And the funny thing is...."Skyfall" is all about leaks....cyber leaks. And now I'm drifting away again. God help me.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Just kidding. No seriously I kind of hope it actually starts the PTS, as in it is integral to it.

The closest this happened was on American television. When ABC showed From Russia With Love the first time in the 1970s, it rearranged the movie thusly:

1. Main titles.
    2. Gun barrel.
    3. Pre-credits sequence.
    4. Venice sequence.

At least ABC didn't cut out the gunbarrel, as it had done in the fall of 1972 when it showed Goldfinger for the first time.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 14,855

The closest this happened was on American television. When ABC showed From Russia With Love the first time in the 1970s, it rearranged the movie thusly:

1. Main titles.
    2. Gun barrel.
    3. Pre-credits sequence.
    4. Venice sequence.

At least ABC didn't cut out the gunbarrel, as it had done in the fall of 1972 when it showed Goldfinger for the first time.

I have seen it rearranged too once, in different movies. Looked weird most of the time.

But I could see it so well: Bond walking, gunbarrel following him, he shoots, blood, then cut, camera turns and you see the gunman dead on the ground. Then PTS stuff happens.
    I have a source on the production. Told me the next title is called!
    "HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!" :D

Still really surprised their is not much to discuss being so close to actual filming?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    :-?? .... I dunno either
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Still really surprised their is not much to discuss being so close to actual filming?
    Javier Bardem was announced as the villain less than a month before Skyfall's press conference. So we could be expecting some announcements within days, if not hours.
    jake24 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Javier Bardem was announced as the villain less than a month before Skyfall's press conference. So we could be expecting some announcements within days, if not hours.

Then again he had been rumored for years before, if I am not mistaken.

One of the reasons why I still hope Simon Russell Beale will be a Bond villain: he was rumored in the past.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/8254832/Simon-Russell-Beale-may-not-get-to-be-a-Bond-villain.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Something at least slightly interesting to some, maybe.
    Sam Mendes is selling his production company, Neal Street Productions.
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/skyfall-director-sam-mendes-puts-production-company-up-for-sale-1201348378/
    HASEROT wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    i would love it if the Hans Zimmer rumors are true cause I would love to hear what sound he would create for Bond

no_zps6menmr6g.gif

yes yes yes lets change it up instead of using the same guy all the time
  • Would be nice if the article actually stated what the new regulations are and why they are so inapplicable. As a great media baron once said, "The key to a great story is not who or what or when, but why." ;)

There is a new, applicable, law that says (amongst many other things) that modified real guns used on movie sets should be checked by a national institution so that they can be used in Italy. But no one knows what are the criteria that will be used. So it looks like a very time consuming fuzzy zone right now.

This is point 8 here in the annotated text of the law
    http://www.earmi.it/diritto/leggi/Circolare 28 luglio 2014.html
    Getafix wrote: »
    When will we find out where the gun barrel is going?
    Lets hope in the beginning. Sam Mendes said he wanted the Gun barrel in the beginning of skyfall so lets hope he wants it in the beginning of Bond 24
    How would everyone feel if Bond 24 IS The Hildebrand Rarity
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Why? Have you found leaked domains? ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It would stick in my throat ! ;)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    Would be nice if the article actually stated what the new regulations are and why they are so inapplicable. As a great media baron once said, "The key to a great story is not who or what or when, but why." ;)

There is a new, applicable, law that says (amongst many other things) that modified real guns used on movie sets should be checked by a national institution so that they can be used in Italy. But no one knows what are the criteria that will be used. So it looks like a very time consuming fuzzy zone right now.

This is point 8 here in the annotated text of the law
    http://www.earmi.it/diritto/leggi/Circolare 28 luglio 2014.html

Thank you for clarifying that, @Suivez_ce_parachute. I guess that would mean if these new regulations stay in effect the Bond team wouldn't know whether their prop firearms could be used until after they had been brought into the country. If I'm interpreting that correctly. Certainly not an ideal situation.

The Hildebrand Rarity is my personal favorite of the remaining Fleming titles, so I would be over the moon if that turned out to be the case.
    Reckon they'll go with an original title again.
    "The Brothers Bond" thats the name of Bond 24. Blofeld is really Bonds long lost older brother and vows to get revenge on him.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
    I hope some classic locations like the colosseum and the pantheon do feature.
    From a friend in other forum:
    "I've got a friend in Rome who revealed that permits have been filed for closing down the Coliseum and that some streets have been closed."
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    I have a feeling Baz Bamigboye will announce the date of the press conference on Thursday in his weekly article. Just thought I should throw that in there. ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Anyone wanna make bets with fake mi6coins? :P

I'd actually quite like it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    http://www.enstarz.com/articles/50552/20141110/james-bond-24-movie-news-christopher-nolan-may-take-over-soon-interstellar-director-has-had-discussions-video.htm

'James Bond 24' Movie News: Christopher Nolan May Take Over Soon? 'Interstellar' Director Has Had Discussions [VIDEO]
    That is more for the inevitable bond 25 production timeline.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I hope some classic locations like the colosseum and the pantheon do feature.
    From a friend in other forum:
    "I've got a friend in Rome who revealed that permits have been filed for closing down the Coliseum and that some streets have been closed."

Cool. I want an old school fight amidst the ruins of a lost civilisation. And falling masonry.
    I am just wondering if EON want to keep everything secret until the press conference? Would they do the read throughs via video link as to keep the cast secret even longer?!!!