SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Jez Butterworth said he spent a week on the script, just to polish/tweak it. I would not worry about the lack of news. It just means that information has been successfully contained. I do wish that they hurry up and announce the date of the PC though!
    ggl007 wrote: »
    "Schedule" meaning 6th of December??

I've certainly not heard anyone saying it's moved back from the announced date.

And re: Getafix questions - there will always be continued work on the script deep into shooting (in fact right up until the end of shooting) because things always evolve as production decisions and director's decisions alter to deal with day to day realities during filming - this is especially true on big movies like Bond.

Casting will have been going on now for months - and I suspect they are determined to keep names under wrap until as close to the Official Press Conference as possible - title included. I got a feeling they felt too much was leaked on Skyfall.

ColonelSun, do you know when to expect the press conference to take place?
    ColonelSun, do you know when to expect the press conference to take place?

No, but they'll keep it close to the start of PP - I'd guess as tight as Friday 5th Dec.

• 6th of December :-). But by jolly.....we are quite a bunch of nerds no :-P?
  • 6th of December :-). But by jolly.....we are quite a bunch of nerds no :-P?
    When will we find out where the gun barrel is going?
    Getafix wrote: »

I'm betting on two things - the gun barrel will be back at the front of the film - and secondly, with the new DOP Hoyte van Hoytema, it will be re-filmed - meaning Craig's Bond will be the only Bond to have a freshly shot, lit, and staged gun barrel for each film.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I'm betting on two things - the gun barrel will be back at the front of the film - and secondly, with the new DOP Hoyte van Hoytema, it will be re-filmed - meaning Craig's Bond will be the only Bond to have a freshly shot, lit, and staged gun barrel for each film.

And hopefully they bring back Kelinman's 3D classic style GB from GE-TWINE
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

I wanna bet for 200 € that the gunbarrel for Bond 24 will be back in its full glory at the very start of the film.

One other thing.....I have always been surprised that the promotion material, like movie posters, for "Skyfall" featured Maurice Binder's original gunbarrel sequence. As well as on Adèle CD single cover and on the 50th anniversary logo. But the final gunbarrel in "Skyfall" was quite an...uhm....ugly thing.

Giving that fact, that EON probably always take good care of the original Maurice Binder template, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Maurice Binder's gunbarrel design full throttle at the start of the movie. Perhaps slightly re-altered, but still there. And I think the dot....with Bond in it....will be slightly smaller....and the dots will go slower.

And off course with a complete new rendition of Monty Norman's theme by Thomas Newman...in which the "da da dum" will be entirely performed by strings and violins ;-).
    I'd like to see Bond and the centre gun barrel smaller - I feel Bond is too large in the frame now. Smaller, like the originals and OHMSS - which I love - also means you can't see Bond's features so clearly, which I prefer.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    They are either doing a very good job of keeping it secret, or there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes on script and casting.

I do find it a bit hard to believe in this era that they are able to keep the casting totally secret. This is the era when anyone spotting someone meeting someone or heading into so and so's office is almost impossible to keep secret.

Not to forget all those stars "managers" always keen to spread news about them to keep them talk of the town.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    I'm not sure why people are acting like no news has come out whatsoever. We know the three major filming locations and we know about the casting of Lea Seydoux and Dave Bautista (likely), which is 50% of the major new casting for B24 (supporting girl and henchman; the other 50% being main villain and main girl). I'd say that's certainly something. As far as the title goes, it's very possible there isn't a title yet. Maybe they've just had a working title this whole time that they still aren't satisfied with. Doesn't mean they don't have a complete story they can start filming with.

Just believe the Colonel ... he knoes fscts, others dont
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    And off course with a complete new rendition of Monty Norman's theme by Thomas Newman...in which the "da da dum" will be entirely performed by strings and violins ;-).

GOD NO!
    Everything would be acceptable but this.
  • i believe the gun barrel is definately going back at the beginning. Sam Mendes says in his audio commentary on the SF bluray that he wanted the gun barrel to go at the beginning but decided against it after seeing the opening shot. He now has a second chance of putting it where it actually belongs...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    i believe the gun barrel is definately going back at the beginning. Sam Mendes says in his audio commentary on the SF bluray that he wanted the gun barrel to go at the beginning but decided against it after seeing the opening shot. He now has a second chance of putting it where it actually belongs...

Unless that opening shot gets in the way again.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
    Although Mendes did say the hallway was a sort of gun barrel.
  • i believe the gun barrel is definately going back at the beginning. Sam Mendes says in his audio commentary on the SF bluray that he wanted the gun barrel to go at the beginning but decided against it after seeing the opening shot. He now has a second chance of putting it where it actually belongs...

Unless that opening shot gets in the way again.

i've got a feeling that he will make sure he plans the opening shot around the gun barrel...he gave the impression during the audio commentary that he was aware that people were disappointed that the gun barrel wasn't at the beginning.

The gunbarrel could have worked at the start of QoS and SF.

Will be choking on my popcorn if it isn't back where is belongs this time
  • Thanks for posting that, @Pierce2Daniel. Would be nice if the article actually stated what the new regulations are and why they are so inapplicable. As a great media baron once said, "The key to a great story is not who or what or when, but why." ;)

Anyways, not too worried about it. I'm sure the Bond team will find a way. They always do.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yeah, nothing to worry about. It will be one of those things that they lament about on the commentary for Bond 24! :D

• interesting article. they can always cgi in the guns in post!!

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

interesting article. they can always cgi in the guns in post!!

Ooooh! Yes! They can have a laser gun showdown in Rome.

And then the Circus Maximus falls over the head of Hinx, but he just brushes the concrete off his shoulders as if it was dandruff.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

interesting article. they can always cgi in the guns in post!!

Ooooh! Yes! They can have a laser gun showdown in Rome.

And then the Circus Maximus falls over the head of Hinx, but he just brushes the concrete off his shoulders as if it was dandruff.

LOL! =))
    interesting I hope this doesn't negativly impact bond 24
    I hope some classic locations like the colosseum and the pantheon do feature. Which of the Bruce Lee films is it that ends with him fighting Chuck Norris in the colosseum? Time for another Bruce Lee homage.

There MUST be a hand to hand fight amongst some Roman ruins - inexplicably empty and devoid of tourists, of course!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I will only believe in the opening gunbarrel's return, when I actually see it. Been burned twice already when we had every reason to believe it would be back for both QoS and SF, but wasn't.

RE B24, my guess is that all is going according to schedule, or well enough anyway.
    I honestly don't think that either lead Bond girl or lead villain casting has been firmed up.
    Both Seydoux and Bautista were leaked, which means I don't think the other two main parts have been nailed down.
    I hope the gunbarrel is right in the middle of the movie.

Just kidding. No seriously I kind of hope it actually starts the PTS, as in it is integral to it.