SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• From @FreightexEurope. Looks like the Freightex company transported this boat to the BOND 24 set in Austria.

nT8nYKb.jpg

That's one of those typical Gondola-esquema Austrian boats. They are also being used at the Altaussee, where the crew will also be filming. Perhaps for romantic scenes?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    From @FreightexEurope. Looks like the Freightex company transported this boat to the BOND 24 set in Austria.

nT8nYKb.jpg

That's one of those typical Gondola-esquema Austrian boats. They are also being used at the Altaussee, where the crew will also be filming. Perhaps for romantic scenes?
    Remember when Sam Mendes and the producers said that they hoped the lake wouldn't be frozen during their visit in Austria? Bond 24 will definitely be shooting scenes on the lake. :)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Very atmospheric ...nice.
    Regarding the score for Bond 24 I might be in the minority but I don't want Arnold back ever. I want new composers from here on out. I would love it if the Hans Zimmer rumors are true cause I would love to hear what sound he would create for Bond
    Now that's an interesting picture. Something we might see in the film.
    Actual news sort of!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    HASEROT wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    i would love it if the Hans Zimmer rumors are true cause I would love to hear what sound he would create for Bond

no_zps6menmr6g.gif

Agreed. The only sound Zimmer would create is the same sounds he made for The Dark Knight, Man Of Steel and any of the other samey soundtracks he produces today. Get someone who actually cares about composing music instead of someone who just uses the same themes and slightly changes them. Damn this simplistic music. It's ruining film scores with it's blandness. We need a new John Barry and Jerry Goldsmith. I want to hear more to my film music than "NehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuh...Bwa BWAAAAAAAAA." That's not music. That's filler noise.

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2014 Posts: 432
    Hans Zimmer is a good composer. The music he did for Pirates of the Caribbean was very amazing. There's even that moment in SF when Silva comes out with the helicopter when you can hear the music is inspired by Zimmer

Now, would he be good for Bond? I don't know. He were to be chosen, I wouldn't mind.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He's serviceable at his best but not good enough for Bond.

Michael Giacchino would always be at the top of my list for desired Bond composers from his work on "The Incredibles." He created a perfect homage to Barry and some of his famous compositions for Bond. There are homages to every 60's Bond score loaded in that once score alone. You can hear a little bit of Capsule in Space, Goldfinger's Factory, 007 Takes the Lektor...and so on. His music for Mission Impossible III, Ghost Protocol, Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness are very Bombastic orchestral scores that have a 60's inspired sound to them.

Hopefully Michael and Barbara seek him out for future Bond scores.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    jake24 wrote: »
    From @FreightexEurope. Looks like the Freightex company transported this boat to the BOND 24 set in Austria.

nT8nYKb.jpg

Remember when Sam Mendes and the producers said that they hoped the lake wouldn't be frozen during their visit in Austria? Bond 24 will definitely be shooting scenes on the lake. :)

Actually I don't remember Mendes or the producers talking about Austria or the lake. When was that?

The boat looks great, I just searched for photos showing these boats in action and found some really good ones:

tom-lamm-85.jpg
    scaled-600x400-ischinn_altaussee_19260_1.jpg

I also found this amazing photo of the salt mine in Altaussee, we have no indication that it will be used though:

134151f495.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Most important question: Are the Gondolas equipped with the Hovercraft-App?
  • zebrafish wrote: »

:-O Darling? PLEASE don't use such foul words :-P.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Murdock wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    i would love it if the Hans Zimmer rumors are true cause I would love to hear what sound he would create for Bond

no_zps6menmr6g.gif

Agreed. The only sound Zimmer would create is the same sounds he made for The Dark Knight, Man Of Steel and any of the other samey soundtracks he produces today. Get someone who actually cares about composing music instead of someone who just uses the same themes and slightly changes them. Damn this simplistic music. It's ruining film scores with it's blandness. We need a new John Barry and Jerry Goldsmith. I want to hear more to my film music than "NehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuhNehNehNuhNuh...Bwa BWAAAAAAAAA." That's not music. That's filler noise.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. I think Zimmer's soundtrack for Bond would be reminiscent of Inception, which, IMO, was a better soundtrack than all of the Brosnan and Craig films. Normal people would actually recognize this soundtrack, it's popular. Thomas Newman music compilations on Youtube have maximum about 80,000 views, whereas Zimmer has at least 10 million views combined. This is what Bond needs. Bond needs a composer that will provide a big, memorable soundtrack. Thomas Newman just simply can't bring this to the table. Zimmer does this for a

It really is a minor detail to speculate, but I believe that Barbara attending a Hans Zimmer concert (as someone on this forum had mentioned) has more meaning than we think.
  • zebrafish wrote: »

I hope so! and the couple from the tube station in SF better be having a romantic weekend away and they are on another gondala on the lake! When they see the gondala turn into a hovercraft they better utter the words "I bet he can't wait to get back on the piste!" :-)

• Considering rehearsals are meant to begin in about 10 days and the film is meant to shoot in early December there has been literally no news.

I think we have to face the fact, especially considering Hoytema's recent statement, that production on Bond 24 has been pushed back till at least early in the new year.

I think the reason we have not heard about a villain or main Bond girl is likely because no one has been cast yet.

The only possible explanation then is that filming has been delayed by a few weeks.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Considering rehearsals are meant to begin in about 10 days and the film is meant to shoot in early December there has been literally no news.

I think we have to face the fact, especially considering Hoytema's recent statement, that production on Bond 24 has been pushed back till at least early in the new year.

I think the reason we have not heard about a villain or main Bond girl is likely because no one has been cast yet.

The only possible explanation then is that filming has been delayed by a few weeks.

Having a bad day, are we :-w

Now seriously everything is getting ready in Austria for filming to start very soon, sets are built on location, this boat is in place, workers have been called and will start working in the middle of this month. Why would this happen if the production was not on schedule?
    [
    Sandy wrote: »
    [

Now seriously everything is getting ready in Austria for filming to start very soon, sets are built on location, this boat is in place, workers have been called and will start working in the middle of this month. Why would this happen if the production was not on schedule?

Right.

• Sandy wrote: »
    Considering rehearsals are meant to begin in about 10 days and the film is meant to shoot in early December there has been literally no news.

The question remains why this should be the first all out big budget production since the dawn of the internet/twitter craze of which absolutely nothing about the cast leaks out? This just doesn't feel right somehow.
    About the workers and location argument. Well,booked is booked so they have to pay them anyway.
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

The question remains why this should be the first all out big budget production since the dawn of the internet/twitter craze of which absolutely nothing about the cast leaks out? This just doesn't feel right somehow.
    About the workers and location argument. Well,booked is booked so they have to pay them anyway.

Maybe this time, after the last time "the worst kept secret in London" this is "the best kept secret in London"...

I've got quite a few friends and associates working on Bond 24 - all working very hard for start of principle photography - on schedule.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I've got quite a few friends and associates working on Bond 24 - all working very hard for start of principle photography - on schedule.

Mind asking them for a title? :D

Mind asking them for a title? :D

Ah, as I'm sure you know, cast and crew have to sign a strict confidentiality clause in their contracts. It's all too easy to let slip something these days and before anyone can count to ten it's "breaking news" all over the net.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Eon must have put the Fear of God into everyone connected with the film this time, as there seems to be no leaks at all. :))
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Eon must have put the Fear of God into everyone connected with the film this time, as there seems to be no leaks at all. :))

Yes, I'm wondering if Baz at the Daily Mail has leaked far less this time because Eon/Sony have had a quiet but respectful little word with him - "Don't give so much away without our permission, but we'll feed you exclusives if you play ball."

No news good news.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Thanks Colonel for the clearifying. With all the time they have had, maybe the locked the missing parts very early on, when nobody was paying attention. Like sending DC to a party or two...

This time, the PC will really be something to look forward to.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588

Jez Butterworth was approached by Sam Mendes in September. The start date was also announced in September, so why would Mendes choose to announce the start date even with the thought of another possible dalay?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

"Schedule" meaning 6th of December??
    They are either doing a very good job of keeping it secret, or there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes on script and casting.

I do find it a bit hard to believe in this era that they are able to keep the casting totally secret. This is the era when anyone spotting someone meeting someone or heading into so and so's office is almost impossible to keep secret.