SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connery made it perfectly clear that after YOLT he simply didn't give a damn. DAF meant nothing to him other than being a stepping stone to one, get the most money any actor had been paid at the time for a single movie and two, to be able to finance and get other projects off the ground. DAF was a chore to Connery and back then in interviews he never hid this fact. So, him not reading the novels should hardly come as a surprise, in fact what would be surprising is if he had read the novel.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery made it perfectly clear that after YOLT he simply didn't give a damn. DAF meant nothing to him other than being a stepping stone to one, get the most money any actor had been paid at the time for a single movie and two, to be able to finance and get other projects off the ground. DAF was a chore to Connery and back then in interviews he never hid this fact. So, him not reading the novels should hardly come as a surprise, in fact what would be surprising is if he had read the novel.

If I was making DAF I would be miserable too. I wonder if Sean saw OHMSS, noticed how bad a follow up DAF was and cared even less about the film than he already did?
    Well, although I think that Penelope Cruz is highly unlikely to be a Bond girl, it is nonetheless harmless to speculate. An absolutely gorgeous and talented actor, she would surely make a great counterpart to DC's Bond.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 2,015
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery made it perfectly clear that after YOLT he simply didn't give a damn.
    I'm talking about interviews done during Goldfinger/Thunderball, when you could find Bond clothes in Paris stores etc... It was too much even for him.

Btw, the two picture deal he talks about in the DAF interview never got done : he had only one, who was not distributed ("The Offence" in which he plays a role who's even darker than you think). Hence his disgust after that...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2013 Posts: 4,450
    So not true.

Dutch paper claimd it is no longer a remour but a fact and that Daniel Craig whant Rihanna as Bond girl and prefer her above Beyoncé .
    The rest of the news talk about that she get a second child from Bardem and she after Honor Blackman going to be the oldest Bond girl ever.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/21/FILM/article/detail/3451629/2013/06/03/Penelope-Cruz-wordt-Bondgirl.dhtml
    Daniel Craig zei vorig jaar dat hij Rihanna graag tegenover zich zou
    willen zien als Bondgirl. Hij verkoos de zangeres boven haar collega
    Beyoncé, omdat Rihanna volgens hem 'ondeugender' is.
    English: Daniel Craig said past year he liked to see Rihanna behind him as Bondgirl. He choose singer above her college Beyoncé, because Rihanna is more naughty.
    That's obviously billacks. Sounds like DC having a joke about musicians being Bond girls. Personally, after Madonna, I would stay well clear of that area!
    The Rihanna quiote is from an now old interview, where he was asked, whether he preferred Rihanna over Beyoncé and he just answered Rihanna, because she is dirtier.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 203
    i am still confident we will be getting bond 24 by the fall of 2014. they are on track to start filming in jan. the cast is slowly being assembled and now it seems the director is in place ... also the script is ready (they might still do some polishes). if PC is filiming next summer maybe her role is a cameo as the lead villian (new take on blofeld). did i miss anything?
    No I want bond to bed Cruz that said I would like the next film to be title the Property of a Lady
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 40,492
    I'm none too upset, either. Really wasn't affected by this from the start.

From here on out, let's keep with the facts. Before you know it, Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes will star in 'Bond 24' as sisters who are after Bond for not having sex with them.
    Creasy47 wrote:

From here on out, let's keep with the facts. Before you know it, Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes will star in 'Bond 24' as sisters who are after Bond for not having sex with them.

Yeah, Bond would meet both of them in a rehab clinic; a new spin on TB or something. :-&

I agree, let's stick to the facts; they are a lot less frightening. Let's hope that Kate Winslet ends up being a Bond girl; she is my dream choice. [-O<
  • Creasy47 wrote:

I will shoot myself in the head if that ever happens, it'd be Bibi Dahl v2 and v3 if those two drunks could even show up sober on the set @-)

I also saw that list and everyone of them is a terrible choice. The best Bond girls have almost always be virtual unknowns outside of their home country begging for that big break, they need to keep targeting the Murino and Marlohe's out there and stay away from the types of signing we got in the last 2 Brosnan films.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Winslet would be a nice choice. I'm still holding out for Bellucci.

I'll be right there with you, @SirHenryLeeChaChing. If filming started right now, we would see the final product in 2018 because of how late Lohan would be.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I'm glad that's out of the way. The only way to trust the Mail is if the casting news is from Baz.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm glad that's out of the way. The only way to trust the Mail is if the casting news is from Baz.

That's what I've learned lately. Seems most people put a lot of faith in Baz because of a great track record.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Plus not to go over old ground, why would casting be happening now? Mind you, the Summer filming may be correct.

This month may just be the month we've been waiting for: the one with official news.
  • Kate Winslet : If you were a producer, would you really consider casting the ex-wife of the director ? :)
    Kate Winslet : If you were a producer, would you really consider casting the ex-wife of the director ? :)

Touche. Might lead to quite the awkward situation.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Kate Winslet : If you were a producer, would you really consider casting the ex-wife of the director ? :)

Touche. Might lead to quite the awkward situation.

1.) Not all ex-spouses are on bad terms with each other.

2.) Mendes isn't confirmed yet.
    Winslet and Weisz on set as the two exes of Sam..hm...
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Germanlady wrote:

How serious were Sam and Rachel? I wonder if he and Dan swap stories? ;)
    Shane Black is definitely out. He is reportedly gearing up pre-production for his dream project: DOC SAVAGE.
    Germanlady wrote:

I think, they were in a relation for some years, so rather serious and Sam left her for Kate. But obviously, they remained friends or are that again now.

A shame about Cruz, but I'm not at all surprised. As for Winslet, I'm not sure she or Belucci would be able to convincing play Bond's love interest in B24. Bond has always gone for younger women, and that's not going to change.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I think, they were in a relation for some years, so rather serious and Sam left her for Kate. But obviously, they remained friends or are that again now.

I always thought it was weird how so many beautiful women found Mendes attractive. I mean Weisz, Winslet, Rebecca Hall, etc. I mean how does he woo these Hollywood A-list ladies?
    Then I watched him in interviews and heard how charming, articulate and clever he was and began to swoon. Sam Mendes is a legend.
    sam-mendes-joe-kate-winslet-photos-6.jpg
    Agreed. I didn't get it pre SF either, but now I can understand a bit better. He is not very atttractive, but he has a very charning persona and some warmth about him.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    BTW - can we please change the thread title or rather delete the Cruz notion?
    I say lets wait till the next rumor it should be any day now