SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I think, that the title "Production Timeline" has nothing to do with any actress or actor rumor or confirmation in the first place. So IMO, they should take it away and leave it at that. We already have two threads, where we more or less discuss the same things.
    Casting is a part of production though
    Risico007 wrote:
    Casting is a part of production though

But this is about the timeline and not casting rumors. We can discuss casting, but it shouldn't be in the thread title. Like this, we can probably change that every other week. Just imagine how many rumors will come along. Do you want to put them in the title every time?
    So here we go. Gossip Cop is pretty reliable. Its NOT true and we can change the title now.

Penelope Cruz To Be Next Bond Girl in Skyfall Sequel?

A close Cruz insider tells us “it’s not true” that she’s going to be the next Bond girl.

http://www.gossipcop.com/penelope-cruz-new-bond-girl-skyfall-sequel-oldest-starring-daniel-craig/
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited June 2013 Posts: 9,117

Yeah we all 'of (sic) seen' it. Only two days behind again.

Perhaps there isnt broadband in Hull yet I dont know, anyway keep on coming with your great scoops.
    Germanlady wrote:
    So here we go. Gossip Cop is pretty reliable. Its NOT true and we can change the title now.

A close Cruz insider tells us “it’s not true” that she’s going to be the next Bond girl.

http://www.gossipcop.com/penelope-cruz-new-bond-girl-skyfall-sequel-oldest-starring-daniel-craig/

And what shall we change it to "no new news" when the next peice of rumor or news comes it will be changed.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned

Yeah we all 'of (sic) seen' it. Only two days behind again.

Perhaps there isnt broadband in Hull yet I dont know, anyway keep on coming with your great scoops.

I don't live in Hull its just I have a life outside of Bond.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Risico007 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

And what shall we change it to "no new news" when the next peice of rumor or news comes it will be changed.

It is enough to call it "24 production timeline" and discuss just that, because any casting news has nothing to do with it. Maybe we should make a 24 rumor thread, where all of this can be discussed. But this forum has a tendency to have multiple threads for one and the same thing and if it if it makes you happy - so be it.
    Bingo- we have that and you yourself opened it, Risico

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3995/bond-24-rumor-bin/p7
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

It is enough to call it "24 production timeline" and discuss just that, because any casting news has nothing to do with it. Maybe we should make a 24 rumor thread, where all of this can be discussed. But this forum has a tendency to have multiple threads for one and the same thing and if it if it makes you happy - so be it.

Well said GL. I love it when you and I are in agreement as it happens so seldom!
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Well said GL. I love it when you and I are in agreement as it happens so seldom!

Yup, lets enjoy it, while it happens. ;)
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Sorry. I'll do my best to be online right when someone makes a request next time. Tricky, that.

And I created this thread to discuss the production of Bond 24.. rumors and all. Rumors cover over a year of production for most Bond releases; a span in which very little official information is divulged.

If this thread wanted to avoid rumors and speculation, I would have created it after the official press conference.

Is this all understood? The purpose of listing and discussion the rumors is so we can look back and see what was right, and what was wrong. That was, and still is, my goal for this.

Go start your own project if you disagree, or stick around.

"Hire me or fire me, it's entirely up to you. "
    There is nothing wrong with the idea. Its just that adding every rumor to the thread title is a bit unnecessary. No more, no less and nobody expects you to around 24/7.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So ... nice title now, @Jwestbrook. ;)
    And yes, we can discuss everything to do with production including rumors.

Does anybody have any news at all about the script? That I'd love to know. Completed?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, we do know some directors were offered to read a Bond 24 script and that's about it as far as I know.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,661
    Seems a bit early to be casting the female lead. Eon cast Eva Green at the very last moment. The film (CR) was actually shooting when they cast her. Rose Byrne was the hot favourite to play Vesper, it was in the papers such as the Daily Mail! I remember reading about her.
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Seems a bit early to be casting the female lead. Eon cast Eva Green at the very last moment. The film (CR) was actually shooting when they cast her. Rose Byrne was the hot favourite to play Vesper, it was in the papers such as the Daily Mail! I remember reading about her.

Yes, QOS also followed a very similar pattern of casting people very late in the day.
    However, SF really changed that.

Javier and Ralph was offered their parts nearly a year before filming started. Also Naomie Harris was cast in like May/June time for her role as well. Ben Whishaw joined the cast in August. It was only really Berenice and Albert Finney who joined the show late in the day and they still were hired around a month before filming started.

Mendes worked to the beat of his own drum with SF and if he is indeed back for Bond 24 I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already reached out to some actors yet.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    A shame about Cruz, but I'm not at all surprised. As for Winslet, I'm not sure she or Belucci would be able to convincing play Bond's love interest in B24. Bond has always gone for younger women, and that's not going to change.
    Bond doesn't ALWAYS go for younger women, and those that are younger aren't young by much at all in some cases. Kate is only 37, while our most recent Bond girls are around that same age, Berenice age 34, Naomie 36. Age isn't a factor here, especially regarding Ms. Winslet who has never looked better.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Kate has never looked better. I did just read that she was pregnant, though.
    If so, congratulations to her! But I don't think being a Bond babe will be a gig for her in the near future. I do agree, though, that she'd be great.
    She could knock on Bond´s door and say, "Hi, remember me? See my tummy? That´s yours." Then there would be a Bond babe.

Not that I would endorse that idea in the least.
  • boldfinger wrote:
    Well John Logan likes to do some provocation. They want to go back to Fleming, who gave Bond a child. Mendes toyed with the idea of killing Bond. Maybe they could all put that in one big mix and have a way to start with something fresh with Bond' son after Bond's death :)

boldfinger wrote:
    Well John Logan likes to do some provocation. They want to go back to Fleming, who gave Bond a child. Mendes toyed with the idea of killing Bond. Maybe they could all put that in one big mix and have a way to start with something fresh with Bond' son after Bond's death :)
    Please bring me up to speed, where exactly did Fleming give Bond a child? I read all of Fleming´s novels and short stories, and that detail completely eluded me.

I dare say that the idea of Bond´s death was actually what they did in SF.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Kissy becomes pregnant with Bond's child towards the end of You Only Live Twice though, as you know, he doesn't find this out.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 2,598
    boldfinger wrote:

Mendes toyed with the idea of killing Bond? Eon must have been up in arms about this. LOL. That would have ended the franchise. Was he really serious? Or did he mean having him die and then revived?

You know I wish we had have seen more at the beginning of SF. For example, Bond being pulled out of the water and some more brooding at the beach but with dialogue too. I'd like to see Bond have a conversation that isn't even related to his occupation like in the books. Too bad most of the film was taken up with M. I wish there weren't length restrictions. I'd be happy with a three hour Bond film but undoubtedly most would have a good moan about it. People do three hour exams, so why is three hours too long for people to concentrate on an entertaining film? Anyway, just 15 more minutes added to SF would have been better.

"Maybe they could all put that in one big mix and have a way to start with something fresh with Bond' son after Bond's death"

I loathe that idea. Just me ofcourse. :) If Bond is killed off, then that should be it. The end. I don't want any bollocks made about his son.

I wonder if Eon would agree to Bond having a son in the films. If they did do this, after seeing the baby, I don't think we should ever see him again. There should be a bit of dialogue about it in future Bond films like in Pearson's Bond biography where Bond mentions that he's only seen him on the odd occasion.
    Bounine wrote:

"Maybe they could all put that in one big mix and have a way to start with something fresh with Bond' son after Bond's death"

I loathe that idea. Just me ofcourse. :) If Bond is killed off, then that should be it. The end. I don't want any bollocks made about his son.

I wonder if Eon would agree to Bond having a son in the films. If they did do this, after seeing the baby, I don't think we should ever see him again. There should be a bit of dialogue about it in future Bond films like in Pearson's Bond biography where Bond mentions that he's only seen him on the odd occasion.
    You gotta be kidding taking that idea even halfway serious? Bond defied age and time for 50 years. If he died all of a sudden the world would collapse.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Things are very slow around here, I wonder how long it will take for at least a juicy rumour to come around.
    Sandy wrote:
    Things are very slow around here, I wonder how long it will take for at least a juicy rumour to come around.

Yep things are pretty poor at the minute, hopefully we will get something far more official and concrete within the next month or so?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You just have to wait. Today, tomorrow, next month, something will come.

We got the Mendes news a couple of weeks ago so that should of held people over for a while, I would have thought.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    You just have to wait. Today, tomorrow, next month, something will come.

We got the Mendes news a couple of weeks ago so that should of held people over for a while, I would have thought.

I'm sorry what Mendes news? I believe he is still rumored as is Ang Lee and others. Until I see a press release it is all just rumor.