SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    Is it strange to anyone else that we will more than likely know the rest of the cast by the end of next month?
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Is it strange to anyone else that we will more than likely know the rest of the cast by the end of next month?

For some reason the title is a bigger deal for me at the moment (I know it shouldn't be). :)

For some reason the title is a bigger deal for me at the moment (I know it shouldn't be). :)

The title scares me, cause there's such a thin line between a good Bond title and a crap Bond title.

Sandy wrote: »
    I don't think these have been shared before, but I really like the commercials she did for the Prada Candy perfume.

Charming, simply charming.

Très incroyable Mademoiselle @Sandy ;-).
    Will have to watch MI4 again to see her in action! :D
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Will have to watch MI4 again to see her in action! :D

I only watched MI:4 originally to see her scenes.
    Anyone else think this would be the perfect line up for the villains of Bond 24? Mark Strong as the main villain, Lea Seydoux as the femme fatale and Hafpor Julius Bjornsson as the henchman.

ilbtps.jpg

I am not that much of a big fan of the obligatory femme fatale, I think most of them were pale copies of Fiona Volpe. I do hope Seydoux is cast, but would have some reservations about her being a villainess. Strong is maybe too predictable a casting, then again the series has done some great predictable casting decisions before and I would rather have him than Ejiofor. As for Bjornsson, for his size only he'd make a great muscleman and would carry on the Game of Thrones connection.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Léa did a photo shoot and interview for W Magazine last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UN1ipL2oy6Q

oh, and this really old Levi's ad (this was uploaded 7 years ago!)
    I thought people would be interested to see other people's opinions. They seem pretty similar to what people have been saying here:

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Thanks @AdaShelby !

and in case you needed a closer inspection of the photo featured in the video report..
    esq-lea-seydoux-new-0112-lg.jpg

• RC7RC7
    I met Hans Zimmer tonight, he was as charming and down to earth as I'd hoped. I put the Bond question to him, to which he replied 'Barabara Brocolli is coming tomorrow night'. He's clearly up for it, but will they go for it? His show tonight was exceptional. He ended on 'Time' from the Inception soundtrack and it was beyond brilliant. It isn't going to happen this time, but I would love it to happen at some point. The man is just incredible.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I met Hans Zimmer tonight, he was as charming and down to earth as I'd hoped. I put the Bond question to him, to which he replied 'Barabara Brocolli is coming tomorrow night'. He's clearly up for it, but will they go for it? His show tonight was exceptional. He ended on 'Time' from the Inception soundtrack and it was beyond brilliant. It isn't going to happen this time, but I would love it to happen at some point. The man is just incredible.

He will score the Bond film directed by Christopher Nolan. (Hopefully Bond 26.)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119

He will score the Bond film directed by Christopher Nolan. (Hopefully Bond 26.)

Uhm, if this is true, then I think it is not unlikely to already see Hans Zimmer scoring for Bond 24. Adding the movie score composer to the crew list, can be done relatively late. The composer could start working at the end of filming (April/May 2015). Nice find @RC7
    I would prefer Trevor rabin but I would be fine with Hans Zimmer
  • I'm not sure how we made the jump from Lea Seydoux to who should take over composing duties, but if I had to nominate a composer other than David Arnold, it would be James Newton Howard.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd pick Michael Giacchino if Newman or Arnold weren't available. What Zimmer does now isn't anywhere close to the "Bond" sound. His music is too generic too me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Giacchino, Gregson - Williams or Desplat for the score.
    Congratulations on meeting the man! It´s good to hear he´s charming and down-to-earth. But I think each of his scores is 10-20% genius and 80-90% crap. So I cincerely hope he will not score a Bond film.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Cracking bit of casting, as someone who saw Blue is the Warmest Colour recently she indeed is a superb actress and yes quite stunning.

Gone are the days of casting women who look good first and act next, if we consider the substandard acting talent that littered the previous era's, Craig's films have upped the ante in this department.

Eva was superb, Olga and Gemma delivered and Bernice was superb in her brief but effective moments in SF.

Anyone not seeing Bond girl potential in Lea needs a eye test. Just hoping the next announcements of casting match the calibre here.
  • Léa Seydoux is certainly an interesting choice. She definately has the looks for a Bond girl... Have not seen much of her work, but definately saw her in MI4. While many on here are stating that its for a smaller role how do we know how small that role is (anyone on here read the screenplay!)

also on imdb it seems to appear that Christopher Nolan's film editor Lee Smith is listed as the film editor. No Stuart Baird this time. With Hoyt Van Hotema confirmed as DP and Lee Smith listed on IMDB as film editor and Hans Zimmer stating that "Barbara is coming tomorrow night" are Sam and the producers trying to poach all of Nolans technical team for Bond 24 ready to hand over the reigns to Nolan for Bond 25?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RE potential composers: For once, I don't have an opinion, on who composes the film, that is. So long as they put the Bond theme back into the film (a few bars doesn't count), I don't really care.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Cracking bit of casting, as someone who saw Blue is the Warmest Colour recently she indeed is a superb actress and yes quite stunning.

Gone are the days of casting women who look good first and act next, if we consider the substandard acting talent that littered the previous era's, Craig's films have upped the ante in this department.

Eva was superb, Olga and Gemma delivered and Bernice was superb in her brief but effective moments in SF.

Anyone not seeing Bond girl potential in Lea needs a eye test. Just hoping the next announcements of casting match the calibre here.

@Shardlake? *handshake* :>, we understand each other :-).
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    @RC7 and @nobodydoesitbetter gave us some very interesting and almost certain news about the crew. Because indeed, the highly popular Hollywood editor Lee Smith will indeed replace Stuart Baird as editor.

Lee Smith's filmography to date:
    --> "The Way Back" (historical drama, 1 Oscar nomination)
    --> "X-Men: First Class" (one of the better Marvel movies)
    --> "Elysium" (one of my favourite sci-fi films of recent years)
    And yes indeed, Nolan's "house editor":
    --> "Batman Begins" (1 Oscar nomination)
    --> "The Prestige" (2 Oscar nominations)
    --> "The Dark Knight" (won 2 Oscars)
    --> "Inception" (won 4 Oscars)
    --> "The Dark Knight Rises" (the biggest competitor of "Skyfall" in 2012)
    --> "Interstellar" (still needs to premiere, but already on its way to become a 1 Billion Dollar film)

Now about Hans Zimmer joining the crew as music composer, I think it would be interesting to see what he will do to the 24th Bond film. But nothing has been confirmed yet. I shall be honest that I appreciate the atmospheric, big-sounding music from both Thomas Newman and Hans Zimmer.

Don't forget that "our" Oscar winner Per Hallberg is also back as sound editor for Bond 24. And off course Hoyte van Hoytema as cinematographer.

I can understand the reasoning behind Barbara & Michael to use the above crew. They fully realized what "Skyfall" did and they absolutely want that "Bond 24" will score as big as "Skyfall". "Skyfall" truly created a benchmark. Also for Sony Pictures and MGM, as I can understand that they are pressing Barbara and Michael to make another 1 Billion Dollar Bond (if possible, because I think it'll be difficult).

Also, these contracting choices could lay the foundation for an easy transition of the Bond director. There have already been consultations between EON and Christopher Nolan. I wouldn't be surprised if quite easily Christopher Nolan will be contracted as Bond 25 director, replacing Sam Mendes.

Another argument for hiring Lee Smith, Hoyte van Hoytema, Per Hallberg (and possibly Thomas Newman or Hans Zimmer), is because EON realizes 2015 will be a more competitive year for Bond than 2012. "Bond 24" will be "attacked" by many espionage/action related films: "Fast & Furious 6", "Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "Kingsman: The Secret Service" and "Mission: Impossible 5". You'd better have a damn stellar and Oscar-heavy list of crewmembers as means of safety measures.

I'm not even talking about casting choises in this post, but it's becoming very obvious that Barbara & Michael do not want to relax a bit more after "Skyfall" and to go into safe "formularic Bond territories". No, they want to repeat that success again....full throttle. After the 1960's, this "2nd Golden Era of Bond" will most likely continue.
  • RC7RC7
    Hans Zimmer stating that "Barbara is coming tomorrow night"

Well, she's officially just watching a performance. He won't be doing B24, but it was nice to hear he'd be up for Bond in general and good to know Barbara would take the time to go and see him perform.
    Hans Zimmer stating that "Barbara is coming tomorrow night"

Well, she's officially just watching a performance. He won't be doing B24, but it was nice to hear he'd be up for Bond in general and good to know Barbara would take the time to go and see him perform.

Can you confirm that Hans Zimmer is not doing Bond 24? I mean, it is more likely that Thomas Newman returns. But EON is still in the process of contracting people for cast....and crew.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,460
    Master and Commander, The Dark Knight (Rises) editor be confirmd as editor for Bond 24 on imdb page and https://www.yahoo.com/movies/film/untitled-james-bond-24-project 2 days a go. But this last page also said Penelope Cruz and Chiwetel Ejiofor be in movie. So i deside to wait a bit longer to see or the name going to be removed.

When i read this i whas not happy at all, inspecialy because of TDK and TDK feeling elevator scene in Skyfall. But as said before Master and Commander and The Departed feels also a bit Skyfall, but be both is much better movie then Skyfall. If he realy gonig to do it then i think there is a big change Zimmer wil be on board because of earlier confirm of Brian Popkin who work as ad music for Hans Zimmer. But also i hope it not be Hans Zimmer, also because of TDK and be another take over from Mission Impossible 2. Also it wasted the cinematopgraphy of Hoyte van Hoytema in my opnion if editor over control him and i think that wil happen. Besides that if people don't like movie/edit is bad again Stuard Baid not on board wil get blame again.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This Lee Smith guy, from the list I've seen all the films apart from the way back but is his editing style desirable? I seem to remember being unimpressed with the editing of most of Nolan 's films especially when it came to action; particularly in the batman movies.

I don't care how talented or prestigious the cast and crew are but all of that means shit if the film is poorly edited and hacked to pieces.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I really dig Lea Seydoux! She's following the footsteps of the other fantastic casting choices for Bond girls in the Craig era.

I see that Babs and Michael and co are really going for it. And they should as 2015 will be the most competitive year a Bond film has ever been released in.
    I really dig Lea Seydoux! She's following the footsteps of the other fantastic casting choices for Bond girls in the Craig era.

I see that Babs and Michael and co are really going for it. And they should as 2015 will be the most competitive year a Bond film has ever been released in.

I don't think that will be a major problem though. Most of the major blockbusters will be released in the summer, while Bond 24 will premiere in late autumn.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Agreed ....I just want it to do well to assure more....