SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I think people needn't worry about the possible similarities in her role in MI:5 to her character in Bond 24. If this was a huge problem, I'm sure Mendes and the casting team wouldn't have even considered her for the role.

P.S: I have also just joined this site and am looking forward to more discussions about the Bond franchise.

Welcome. It's a great and interesting community here.

Anyway, the Bond series are notorious for pilfering actors from rival movies/TV shows and it doesn't hurt anyone. The only people that really bring this up as a negative are fans on forums and it's just unnecessary worrying. Doesn't matter about the locations either; the fact is the Bond film makers are smart enough to film in their own way which isn't going to be a rehash of what other movies are doing plus they're telling their own story.

If Seydoux is a femme fatale then I really hope we get some slight echoes of Fiona Volpe and that Bond sleeps with her knowing full well of her villainy. I want more of those classic elements of fun, danger and sexy suspense.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If Seydoux is a femme fatale then I really hope we get some slight echoes of Fiona Volpe and that Bond sleeps with her knowing full well of her villainy. I want more of those classic elements of fun, danger and sexy suspense.

I totally agree! Seeing as Mendes and Logan (etc.) are looking to carry on with the same "themes" from Skyfall, the idea of finally having a villainous femme fatale as a slight nod to the bad girls of the old Bond-era would be brilliant, especially Fiona Volpe.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Yesss!!! My future ex-wife! :D

Oh, I really, really hope they don't kill her off too fast...
    doubleoego wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I think people needn't worry about the possible similarities in her role in MI:5 to her character in Bond 24. If this was a huge problem, I'm sure Mendes and the casting team wouldn't have even considered her for the role.

P.S: I have also just joined this site and am looking forward to more discussions about the Bond franchise.

Welcome. It's a great and interesting community here.

Anyway, the Bond series are notorious for pilfering actors from rival movies/TV shows and it doesn't hurt anyone. The only people that really bring this up as a negative are fans on forums and it's just unnecessary worrying. Doesn't matter about the locations either; the fact is the Bond film makers are smart enough to film in their own way which isn't going to be a rehash of what other movies are doing plus they're telling their own story.

I am not certain one could say rival franchise for The Avengers or Kojak, but certainly popular ones. And while Léa Seydoux is becoming hot property now, she certainly does not have the fame Diana Rigg or Honour Blackman had at the time (at least in the UK). I haven't seen the movie, but who remembers her role in Ghost Protocol?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Really....? I don't think she has the right look for a Bond Girl, and I find her to be an uninspired choice, thanks to the last Mission: Impossible film.
    Really....? I don't think she has the right look for a Bond Girl, and I find her to be an uninspired choice, thanks to the last Mission: Impossible film.

Whaaat? While I am not a big fan of her, even I have to admit that she has the perfect look for a Bond girl!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Did she even speak in the Mission: Impossible film? She didn't do a lot as far as I can remember, so I'm not worried with her now having a part in another film where she'll actually have something to do.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Whaaat? While I am not a big fan of her, even I have to admit that she has the perfect look for a Bond girl!

I just don't think she that look. But then, others shot down the Joanne Froggatt rumours, while I thought she would have been a good choice. I was also hoping (there would be a slim chance of it happening), that Jessica Chastain would be cast, that I would like to see.

You might change your mind when we see what she looks like in the actual film.
    Thinking back, I don't think any actress had appeared that differently as a Bond Girl. Don't get me wrong, i'm not calling Seydoux unattractive.
    This YouTube user is surely a pervert!
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    @Zekidk trust you to find that clip! :P

Léa is a chameleon - would you think it is the same person unless I told you? she also has the most amazing blue eyes :) voilà!

still_5.preview.jpg

tumblr_n18gh6lrin1rdmdbho1_250.jpg

Farewell-My-Queen-image-2.jpg

Oscar-Isaac.jpg

L%C3%A9a-Seydoux.jpg

• edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119

I just don't think she that look. But then, others shot down the Joanne Froggatt rumours, while I thought she would have been a good choice. I was also hoping (there would be a slim chance of it happening), that Jessica Chastain would be cast, that I would like to see.

Things have slightly changed for the Craig-era of Bond films @MajorDSmythe. Looks are still important, but simply casting a hot model worked in the Pierce Brosnan movies. With the Craig-films, I can't help but watching that the very profession of acting has become more important. Then, if you say the casting is an "uninspired choice", I call that remark rather superficial and it does not do any justice to her most recent movie-portfolio.

I really recommend you to watch "La Vie d'Adele" first. If you only bring up her role in "M: I-GP", then perhaps her casting looks uninspired, but you don't know if the casting director, Michael, Sam and Babs mainly got inspired by those bigger-lead roles Lea starred in, like "La Vie d'Adele". Do not forget that Lea starred opposite Ralph Fiennes and Mathieu Amalric in "The Grand Budapest Hotel". Perhaps Ralph proposed Lea because of that role to Michael, Sam and Barbara. Ooowh, and let's not forget Woody Allen's "Midnight In Paris".

I agree that Jessica Chastain is a wunderful actress. But do not forget that Lea Seydoux has been cast for the smaller Bond girl role. So it's important to see the casting of her in the light of that smaller Bond girl role.

Regarding looks, I'd say that beauty is still important, just not that "straight-in-your-face, hot sexy playmate beauty" anymore. The beauty of today's Bond-girl needs to be slightly more "original and unique", a bit more "suave, elegant and elitaire". Just like Eva Green (Coco Chanel-esque chique with a touch of gothic, thanks to her black hair and low eyebrows) and to a lesser extent Berenice Marlohe (Dominique Derval-esque chique).

For me personally, I love Lea's slightly "sleepy facial gestures" combined with her blond hair and full lips. But most importantly I like her choices of clothes on the red carpet. Not simple Dolce & Gabanna's and Armani's. No, she is slightly more into introvert and elegant clothes from Miu Miu (she is modelling for Miu Miu), Jil Sander & Kenzo.

Lastly, if Seydoux would have won that beautifully designed Chopard Palme d'Or back in 2010, then I'm a bit sceptical if she would have been cast for "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". Bond luckily is taking casting decisions that have been truly upped since the Brosnan films, M:I however....well, let's say Bond is bigger ;-). Perhaps EON also looks to slightly bigger acting CV's for a Bond film. That even goes for smaller Bond girl roles. So pleaseeeee, let's not forget this picture :-P:
    palme-d-or-du-festival-de-cannes-1000x0-1.jpg

And, perhaps Jessica Chastain can still be cast for the larger role....

Some wunderful pictures from Lea Seydoux during fashion shows and in movies:
    Lea-Seydoux-In-Prada-Beauty-and-The-Beast-Tokyo-Press-Conference.jpg
    1369733370-lea-seydoux-wins-in-cannes.jpg
    Lea-Seydoux-In-Prada-Saint-Laurent-Cannes-Film-Festival-Photocall.jpg
    midnight_in_paris-991628961-large.jpg
    Miu-Miu-Spring-2015-Front-Row.jpg
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,905
    I'm all for a Bond Girl that can act (that would be my preferred choice over some random model*), hence my championing of Chastain, who has that intoxicating mix of talent and beauty. As much as I would like to see Chastain as a primary Bond Girl, though, I can't help but feel that she would decline. If it come it that, it would be a shame, but understandable.

* Not that I would be against a model being cast as a secondary or tertiary Bond Girl. Heavens no.
    I'm all for a Bond Girl that can act (that would be my preferred choice over some random model*), hence my championing of Chastain, who has that intoxicating mix of talent and beauty. As much as I would like to see Chastain as a primary Bond Girl, though, I can't help but feel that she would decline. If it come it that, it would be a shame, but understandable.

* Not that I would be against a model being cast as a secondary or tertiary Bond Girl. Heavens no.

Let's be patient @MajorDSmythe :-). This is, like we both said, about the smaller Bond girl role, which Lea Seydoux got. Also, let's see what screenplay she gets to study by heart. I kinda like it if smaller roles can still make a huge impact.
  • I don't for the life of me get the remarks about Lea Seydoux not having the look of a Bond girl. Are you kidding me?! She's the very definition! Eye of the beholder, I guess.
    Me neither. Léa Seydoux is really good looking and has a classy kind of beauty.
    You know? Casting choices like these.....actually make me proud to be a Bond fan. I agree with @Some_Kind_Of_Hero and @Ludovico .
    And I am actually surprised she is supposed to be cast in a small role.
    I think Lea Seydoux is perfect!
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,350
    This was the role, long ago, that was described as having a past relationship of sorts, with Bond. If that holds, I hope it is all believable.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 654
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    This was the role, long ago, that was described as having a past relationship of sorts, with Bond. If that holds, I hope it is all believable.

Well, then she might end up being "Paris Carver 2.0"

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    If offered the role and if she was available I don't think Chastain would turn down Bond. However, if ever she did get a part which I don't see happening anyway, I wouldnt want her cast as an American character. But anyway, Lea is perfect casting. She has the credentials and the proof is not only in the pudding but in the recipe. I just pray Eon don't mess up and make improper use of her talents. In a film like Bond you don't secure a casting coup with Sedeux and not use her to full effect.
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote: »

Well, then she might end up being "Paris Carver 2.0"

From April:

"Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond"

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11319&catid=110&t=mi6&s=news
    Anyone else think this would be the perfect line up for the villains of Bond 24? Mark Strong as the main villain, Lea Seydoux as the femme fatale and Hafpor Julius Bjornsson as the henchman.

ilbtps.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm very happy with the casting news :-bd She's gorgeous and a good actress. I remember when she changed from modelling to acting, I thought "another one" but was happily surprised. She lights up the screen.

Regarding M:I4, I couldn't care less, really. I was thinking one of these days that it's the only M:I film that I can't, for the life of me, think what it was about. I remember some stunts but nothing else. I would personally get worried if the Bond franchise would stop doing things, casting people and choosing locations because they have featured in other films! Bond can do anything he likes ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    AdaShelby, that looks good to me.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I don't think these have been shared before, but I really like the commercials she did for the Prada Candy perfume.

Charming, simply charming.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great casting. She's very attractive. She oozes natural beauty. I can't wait to see what she brings to Bond 24.
    Maybe she'll be Blofeld's squeeze!