SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited August 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Hopefully its bullocks. This is just too girly. Where are the beautiful women?

It is definitely bollocks. One of the Bond girls will be British and the other Scandinavian. Even if they were looking for a French actress there is no way they would cast one of the girls from the last Mission Impossible movie.

By the way I am really hoping that Adèle Exarchopoulos will appear in a Bond film when she is somewhat older. She is absolutely stunning and even more importantly a terrific actress.
    Hopefully its bullocks. This is just too girly. Where are the beautiful women?

It is definitely bollocks. One of the Bond girls will be British and the other Scandinavian. Even if they were looking for a French actress there is no way they would cast one of the girls from the last Mission Impossible movie.

By the way I am really hoping that Adèle Exarchopoulos will appear in a Bond film when she is somewhat older. She is absolutely stunning and even more importantly a terrific actress.
    The Scandinavian rumour has far more weight.
    In general - all the faces I have seen so far are exchangeable. Nothing that would be in any way memorable. They can do - and did - far better. I hope, they will.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like her. She has a Fields vibe about her.
    I'm a sucker for a French girl, but would still hope not to see her in a Bond film for several years yet!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 14,842
    Seidoux is beautiful, but she is a bit too young compared to Craig. She looks like a lolita as well. It seems to be a pure rumour so far anyway.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I broke that news in the bond girl rumor thread and @Samuel confirmed it was a load of bollocks.

I'm glad we got that cleared up then! :)) ;)
    Didn´t she play quite a big role in the last MI movie?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    4004691-7752682984-giphy.gif
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Didn´t she play quite a big role in the last MI movie?

Maybe that's why she is being rumoured.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    4004691-7752682984-giphy.gif

LOL, just google the guy. The voice is not bad.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Sam Smith? A bit too much on the weepy side for my taste. I don't believe it, but if true, it's not very clever to choose a baritone and falsetto singer for a Bond film.
    I'm all for the return of Adele.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm all for the return of Adele.

I think, that would be too repetitive. Even a bit on the boring side.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sam Smith? from the song 'Latch'?

Not a bad idea
    Sam Smith, eh? For those unaware: an up-and-coming young singer who's worked with a lot of big-name talents, who've made a lot of money from him featuring on their tracks. Popular and talented.

I'm not a fan of all his music, but his voice is pitch-perfect with an unheard-of vocal range for a male singer. I do find it quite difficult to imagine him doing a Bond theme, though - simply because he's not done anything quite like it before.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm not against the idea, I like what I've heard from him so far. Let's see what he can do.
  • AgentJM7 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for a French girl, but would still hope not to see her in a Bond film for several years yet!

Get Melanie Laurent instead!

AgentJM7 wrote: »

Get Melanie Laurent instead!

*googles Melanie Laurent*

Hmm, looks... promising. Both for talent and aesthetics?!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 2,598
    Hopefully, EON/P&W haven't got rid of the scenes Logan wrote that "explore more of Bond's human side". If they have then they will have ruined everything they tried to do with the wonderful CR and the slightly less wonderful but still great, SF. Let's not forget that the villain and Bond girl need some decent character movement too.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Hopefully, EON/P&W haven't got rid of the scenes Logan wrote that "explore more of Bond's human side". If they have then they will have ruined everything they tried to do with the wonderful CR and the slightly less wonderful but still great, SF. Let's not forget that the villain and Bond girl need some decent character movement too.

Mendes, after seeing Craig back on stage, said he was reminded by what a fine actor he is and that he wanted to make sure Bond 24 gave him something to get his teeth into. That's not a direct quote but that was the core of what Mendes said.

I think there's no doubt Craig wants to keep digging deeper into Bond and that's what we'll get in Bond 24. Ironic that 25 years ago (as the new item on this site's main page reminds us) Dalton strived for the same thing but was met with little public enthusiasm. Timing is everything.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »

Mendes, after seeing Craig back on stage, said he was reminded by what a fine actor he is and that he wanted to make sure Bond 24 gave him something to get his teeth into. That's not a direct quote but that was the core of what Mendes said.

I think there's no doubt Craig wants to keep digging deeper into Bond and that's what we'll get in Bond 24. Ironic that 25 years ago (as the new item on this site's main page reminds us) Dalton strived for the same thing but was met with little public enthusiasm. Timing is everything.

Interestingly, the article said that LTK did very well in other parts of the world but not the main market, The USA. The Americans always seem to have different tastes from the rest of the world. ;)
    Ironic that 25 years ago (as the new item on this site's main page reminds us) Dalton strived for the same thing but was met with little public enthusiasm. Timing is everything.

I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not about timing, it's about the script and what the producers want. LTK could not be more different from CR and SF. Dalton may have envisioned his Bond as serious and down to earth but LTK is still like an average American action movie from the 80s. No class and very little substance.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    The Sam Smith thing is not surprising but as many seem to want him, it could just have easily been made up. Let's see if there is a follow-up story to this in the months to come.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,043
    Ironic that 25 years ago (as the new item on this site's main page reminds us) Dalton strived for the same thing but was met with little public enthusiasm. Timing is everything.

I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not about timing, it's about the script and what the producers want. LTK could not be more different from CR and SF. Dalton may have envisioned his Bond as serious and down to earth but LTK is still like an average American action movie from the 80s. No class and very little substance.

Couldn't agree more Dalton was a terrific Bond and if he'd got the scripts and the faith in his interpretation we might have seen something real special instead we got one film that was retrofit for him and then one that was tailored but was one of the most uneven films of the series.

Yes Dalton was gritty and Fleming like but his films not really, for all QOS criticisms it maintained a grittiness and Fleming feel that Dalton would have loved to get his teeth into.

Dalton fans seem to have convinced themselves his films were gritty they weren't. Craig has without doubt delivered the most grittiest entries of the series.

I've come to the conclusion after watching Tim's 2 entries very recently that I think his Bond is brilliant but his films leave allot to be desired. They have their great moments but EON couldn't let his Fleming take be accompanied with material that suited his interpretation, instead cast offs of the Moore era are littered throughout and in LTK it makes for a jarring experience.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yeah both the Dalton films were cheap rubbish and embarrassing. Dalton's performance was okay but too stiff. Stiff ain't gritty. A decent director vouldve off set that but no we just got the two lamest entries that keep TMWTGG and DAF from being the bottom bwellers. Dumb but at least those two were entertaining. Anyway back on topic ...much higher hopes for 24.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459

Well, I think @ColonelSun had it right. Timing is everything. It is an apt phrase. At that time, the decisions of the script and producer pushed Bond's portrayal in a more serious direction, and Dalton was certainly portraying him in LTK in a grittier, more realistic way compared to all of Moore's films and most of Connery's. Yet for the public, especially the U.S. audience, it was too big a change in that direction at that time. Hence, the timing of that kind of portrayal was off.

You are blaming the quality of the production values. You say, "LTK is still like an average American action movie from the 80s. No class and very little substance." However, there were plenty of those films that were very popular. I still think the problem with the lack of success of LTK was due to the direction of a far more serious portrayal of Bond. The public, in general, did not want that at that time. The public appetite was more for the Die Hard type of portrayal, which Willis (back then) played with a self deprecating charm and easy humor. All of which is not Bond ... but that was what was popular. And coming off of a Bond that had humor, albeit sometimes over the top or misplaced, and a Bond that was firmly in the public's mind as Bond (Moore) yet stayed for one film too long - I think the change was something that many people did not really appreciate or get excited about.

I personally did not like LTKs' storyline coming mostly from the world of Miami Vice.
    But I do not blame the production values compared to the timing of presenting a more serious Bond to the public.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Lethal Weapon 3 had about same plot better values and an interesting hero ...that integrated humor. LTK was lame and uninspired. Even the title was lame.