SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    BondMorten wrote: »
    The Norwegian James Bond Magazine ("James Bond-magasinet") was interviewed and
    quoted in the the newspaper Dagbladet.

As I understand it, not all locations have been found in Austria. Fingers crossed to Norway.

Please see the article at The Norwegian James Bond Magazine also...

http://jamesbondnorge.no/?p=1955

What a great website! Thanks. :) And especially thanks for having it available in English, too!

The Fjords of Norway are stunning and it is a place i would love to visit in the future hopefully?! If not all location confirmations are done? Lets hope the Norway government and Eon can work out a suitable compromise? [-O<
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't mind Austria. It's a very beautiful country too. So whether it's Norway or Austria they pick, I'm sure we shall have some fun either way. ;-) I want to see Bond in the snow again. I like movies taking pace in the snow. Gives them a certain atmosphere. :-)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I wonder if the decision to swap Svalbard/Norway with Austria also impacts the choice of a Scandinavian actress. Surely they will not start to audition Austrian and German actresses now?
    Maybe Austria will double for Norway? If that's the case, they probably never intended to show any fjords in the first place, but the action will be in a winter landscape with possibly some waterfalls and/or skiing.
    I think it is more likely that Scandinavian actresses will double for Austrian characters.
  • Those Norway videos are breathtaking! And that twisting highway (which a quick Google search informs me is called the Atlantic Ocean Road) would make for an utterly stunning car chase.
  • Yes, I think the Norwegian nature is something special. Especially the fjords (rarely used in big movies, only used as locations in a few big Hollywood films such as The Vikings from 1958).

As far as I know EON's team was looking for fjords in Norway.

But the challenge of filming in Norway is that we do not have an incentive scheme (both Austria and Italy have such a scheme).

Over the past years, Norway has lost a number of major productions that wanted to film here (such as «Thor: The Dark World», «Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows»­ and the TV series «Vikings»).

The Norwegian government has not yet decided whether Norway should have an incentive scheme or not.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The government wants it, but the Norwegian film producers are against it, as they fear their own incentive schemes might get cut.
    Murdock wrote: »

Thanks for the update, but that's essentially just a re-reporting of the article from Baz we already discussed.

So much news recently! It's a great time to be a Bond film. We not have almost the full crew back, Bond girl rumors, Norway, Morocco, Rome, and Austria all rumored as locations, not to mention already certain script details.

Exciting.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well it's August. Shooting beginning end of Nov/early Dec. At which point we will have more photos available from a variety of sources. Probably.
    Meantime, I do not know what to expect next. Any guesses on what the next bit of news should be about?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It will be more on casting, locations and scenes in the script that are being planned for.
    It's funny we haven't heard much about the leading Bond girl yet. We know that they were/are loking for a British actress but nothing else. My theory is that they had someone specific in mind, asked her if she is interested and she accepted the role. No casting sessions with dozens of actresses like in the case of the secondary Bond girl.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Unless that person is Joanne Froggatt, I agree that is what's happened. I wonder who she is?
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    Unless that person is Joanne Froggatt, I agree that is what's happened. I wonder who she is?

That Joanne Froggatt rumor sounded somewhat fishy to me. I mean it came from the Daily Star, but who knows... What if it's Rachel Weisz or Rebecca Hall? Either of them would explain the lack of rumors, they are Daniel Carig's wife and Sam Mendes' girlfriend after all.

By the way, what about the villain? How certain are we that Chiwetel Ejiofor will play the baddie?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    We're not certain at all. Ejiofor's casting at this moment in time is still just a rumour.

As for Rachel and Rebecca, urgh, no thanks. Lovely ladies but let's keep the WAGS away. This isn't the World Cup.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Wonder if Chiwetel Ejiofor was waiting to see a final script? If he backs out may make me a bit nervous. Logan had to beef up the Silva part to get Bandem to sign on I think.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Deakins were announced in the summer of 2011 as the DoP for Skyfall. So there is still a glimpse of hope for some exciting news about the new DoP!
    MrBond wrote: »
    Deakins were announced in the summer of 2011 as the DoP for Skyfall. So there is still a glimpse of hope for some exciting news about the new DoP!

Deakins wasn't officially announced until the press conference in autumn 2011. The only reason we knew before the press conference that he was going to be the DOP is that he said so on the forum of his website. I believe there won't be any official announcement regarding the DOP of Bond 24 before the press conference since it's an issue the general audience has no interest in. I also believe that even without an official press release we all will know for sure long before the press conference who the cinematographer of the film is.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Wonder if Chiwetel Ejiofor was waiting to see a final script? If he backs out may make me a bit nervous. Logan had to beef up the Silva part to get Bandem to sign on I think.

I agree with this. I'm sure he would want a finished project to review. And perhaps the Bond girls in contention, too? Perhaps Eon hadn't started the casting process for the main Bond girl, and waited until they had an actual character to cast?

I'd like to think they already had someone in mind and have sealed a deal though.
  • With all this "news" about the script being re-worked I'm surprised we haven't heard anything coming from EON with regards to the whole affair. Just the "source" who spoke to the writer at the daily mail ? I'm also wondering if John Logan is still involved in Bond 24 or has already moved on. I'm also surprised that the script required a "supposed" serious overall at this stage. Surely those involved in the film would have been having frequent updates of the progress of the screenplay. Even though the "news" of the Purvis and Wade rewrite surfaced at the end of June and the news of the script "now ready to go" surfaced at the end of July at what point were they supposed to have started the rewrite process? I'm sure we will get a bit more of this information as the film nears production but it would be nice to get someone involved in the production talk about the screenplay in person and not as a "source" to a newspaper.
    Samuel001 wrote: »

That Joanne Froggatt rumor sounded somewhat fishy to me. I mean it came from the Daily Star, but who knows... What if it's Rachel Weisz or Rebecca Hall? Either of them would explain the lack of rumors, they are Daniel Carig's wife and Sam Mendes' girlfriend after all.

By the way, what about the villain? How certain are we that Chiwetel Ejiofor will play the baddie?

I doubt it is either of them, especially Rebecca Hall. Amazing actress, but too plain looking for a Bond girl.
    How long does it take to write a Bond screenplay roughly? Over the years, particularly with SF, all this talk about the script being this and that and having the 4 year gap to iron out the script to make it super-duper great (yeah right) and yet for Bond 24, Logan's been working on it pretty much since mid to late 2012 only for people involved to be unimpressed after he spent well over a year working on it and then P&W come along and pretty much allegedly give us a brand new and better script in about a month?!?!?!?

Am I the only person who finds this somewhat strange? Surely, there has to be a crap load more to this story because this rewrite wrapped sooner than I expected and one month to essentially put together a brand new script? If it was to give the film a lightness of touch here and there ok but to revamp the whole thing, which is a massive production in a month is no easy task. Maybe I'm overreacting I don't know but the whole thing just seems bizarre.
    It's not strange. Time means very little in the end: some great classics were written in a few months, even a few weeks, while other took longer. Logan may have worked for a year yet his script may have had many flaws, or simply things Mendes did not agree with. P&W may simply take less time to work, especially if they are more familiar with Bond. Not that their involvement is devoid of any risk: they do have a tendency to recycle.
    Hmmm. It just seems a bit unusual to bang out a Bond script in a month. I've never heard of such a turn around but you're right, it's not entirely impossible. I just hope the script is thrilling, exciting, violent (in the fisticuffs department) and iron clad. No silly conspicuous plot holes.
    Logan has never been very good with plots. Even in his most reknown movies. We don't know what needed to be changed. Structural changes may take a long time, they may not. It really depends.
    Lets hope we get a few more morsels of information or rumour as the month rumbles on! [-O<
    Well doesn't bad..still better sign than while filming. I think Logan stalled. Not his genre. Kinda like gutting a house Logan provided the house and P&W had to gut it make it livable and marketable. I really don't like P&W "homes" but their refurbs might be okay. Mendes knows what he wants. Plus they didn't don't have all the time in the world here. The studio is ready to go. Yes even the studio wants needs a good script but time to go. Logan in my option was never the guy to start but maybe he provided a good framework. Now about those shutters... :)
    Oh and btw the "door" goes at the front on the film!!!!