SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited May 2014 Posts: 820
    Well I hope the shooting start in October. We should what title it is & The Allies,Bond girls & Villains cast. I hope filming in October will be confirmed.
    Not much news, but some news, so good news overall.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ludovico wrote:
    Not much news, but some news, so good news overall.

At least we can guarantee that filming starts in five months. That's good enough news for me right now.
    So it is for me...
    Well that is a bonus that filming starts in October! Means we are alot closer to getting all those juicy OFFICIAL confirmations!!! Bring it on!!!! \m/
    I want to know who the cinematographer is and i want to know it right now. >:)
    I want to kmow about the casting now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It's a damn shame that it won't be Deakins. This is also one of my top need-to-knows regarding this film.
    for me my top 5

1. Is Quantum returning
    2. Location
    3. Title
    4. Who is being cast
    5. Song title
    Risico007 wrote:
    for me my top 5
    1. Is Quantum returning

I am really hoping the answer is a big NO. Quantum is the most boring secret organisation in the history of cinema. I find it really baffling that there are people who want them to return after QOS....

Did anybody wanted Blofeld to return after YOLT? And was the yet unnamed Quantum that bad in CR?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:

It's a damn shame that it won't be Deakins. This is also one of my top need-to-knows regarding this film.

I'll say it again, i pray for Emmanuel Lubezki. His work is always tremendous, just look at his collaborations with Terrence Malick and Alfonso Cuarón!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Risico007 wrote:
    for me my top 5
    1. Is Quantum returning

I am really hoping the answer is a big NO. Quantum is the most boring secret organisation in the history of cinema. I find it really baffling that there are people who want them to return after QOS....

They've hardly been given a chance to shine. QOS completely made a mess of the CR story in terms of how Quantum is presented. With a good story, the organisation has just as much potential as SPECTRE.
    Risico007 wrote:
    for me my top 5
    1. Is Quantum returning

Yes an organization who is completely secretive yet can control most if not all of the world and has members in highest branches of British Government.. Nope no incredible or interesting stories can happen there Blofield a character who became a parody of himself long before Mike Myers got ahold of him now there is some cinematic gold.

• edited May 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Risico007 wrote:
    for me my top 5
    1. Is Quantum returning

The first we see of SPECTRE is in FRWL, and even then it's only an old guy on a boat, stroking a cat, and talking about some vague plan to steal a fancy typewriter with a Russian woman and a professional chess player. In respect to that, what we've seen from Quantum doesn't easily qualify as 'boring'.

I can respect your disinterest in their return though, for there are better reasons than them being 'boring.'
    Can we want both a return of Quantum and Blofeld?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    for me my top 5
    1. Is Quantum returning

The first we see of SPECTRE is in FRWL, and even then it's only an old guy on a boat, stroking a cat, and talking about some vague plan to steal a fancy typewriter with a Russian woman and a professional chess player. In respect to that, what we've seen from Quantum doesn't easily qualify as 'boring'.

I can respect your disinterest in their return though, for there are better reasons than them being 'boring.'

Hey, I like Quantum and want them back, but there's nothing boring about FRWL.
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/551726/20140508/kate-upton-woman.htm#.U20hu1fD_Vg

two things that I love about this article one it states Upton might be the next Bond girl and 2 it gives us the most unusal title for the film

Bond 24 is officially Everything Or Nothing: The Untold Story Of 007

Sigh do the writers care anymore when they make up fake rumors
    Kate Upton as a Bond girl, with Craig as Bond, what would be her role's name? Lolita?
    Ludovico wrote:
    Kate Upton as a Bond girl, with Craig as Bond, what would be her role's name? Lolita?

Wasn't Jane Seymour 19/20 years old in LALD?

AgentJM7 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

That was the time. I doubt it would be as well accepted now. The last two Bond girls were in their 30s.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Ludovico wrote:
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

That was the time. I doubt it would be as well accepted now. The last two Bond girls were in their 30s.

And then there's also the fact that Jane had talent and presence to back up her looks, which can't be said for the little Sports Illustrated princess of today. You'd have to get Mendes so drunk he'd be near death from alcohol poisoning before he'd agree to such a stupid casting decision.
    That's the thing: Jane Seymour could act. Even though she thought little of LALD, if I am not mistaken. As Moore grew older, the age gap between him and the leading lady often became embarrassing.

And even closer to us, the age gap between Brosnan and the Bond girls was odd at a time, in TWINE and DAD. I doubt it will happen again, especially now that we cast real actresses instead of models as Bond girls.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I hope we get some confirmations soon. For me:

#1 - cinematographer. I am dying to find out. Big shoes to fill.

#2) - main villain

#3) - locations

#4) - main Bond girl
    I think some people are overestimating the acting talent needed to be a Bond girl. For a complex character like Severine, Tracy, Vesper sure you need a good actress but Kate Upton could easily play a minor Bond girl like Solange, Jill, etc.

And we don't really know how good an actress she is do we. Some of the best actors weren't actors at all. George Lazenby was a male model before he was Bond but I thought he was great in OHMSS. Billie Piper was a shit pop star before she got cast in Doctor Who but she's a great actress. The main bloke in District 9 was only in the film because he was friends with the director, he wasn't really an actor, but he gave a brilliant performance. And recently, the main pirate in Captain Phillips wasn't an actor at all and he won a BAFTA for his role.

Plus Kate Upton is really fit. She's definitely hot enough to be a Bond girl.
    Lazenby brought some freshness to the role in OHMSS, but he was and remained a very limited actor. I do agree that for minor Bond girl roles, you do not necessarily need a good actress, but even then times have changed and at least since the Craig era (but also to a lesser extend the Brosnan and Dalton era), Bond girls have been played by capable actresses, to the point when we can start considering it a prerogative. Not necessarily a great actress, or an experienced one, not even one that did acting school, but she has to be a natural. Is Kate Upton a natural? I am very skeptical.

And, acting talent aside, the age gap between her and Craig is rather high. Anyway, this is just a rumour, coming from an article saying the title of Bond 24 has already been found.
    I hope we get some confirmations soon. For me:

#2) - main villain

#3) - locations

#4) - main Bond girl

Well,

As for #1 - I'll be interested, but have to admit my views will be based on relative personal ignorance. I will probably be trying to assess it from what everybody else has said. But there are, as you said, huge shoes to fill. In this sense, I'm almost setting myself up for a disappointment. Skyfall was the best looking Bond film for a long time. My only prediction is that they probably won't go for someone known for jerky-cam. But I think they learnt that lesson after QOS.

#2 - This will be major casting decision. Its particularly interesting because it will give us a sense of the character they're trying to create. I, like many others, would appreciate some physicality to whoever they decide upon. I also have a lot of ideas about the type of character, but that's probably something for a different thread.

#3 - Sub-Saharan Africa is still a location Bond himself has yet to visit. I would go along with the buzz on these forums that Scandinavia is still a possibility, but would not be surprised if it doesn't appear. London seems almost a definite. If handled correctly, it would be interesting to see Craig's Bond in 21st century America. I think he would view it rather like the Fleming Bond in the novels.

#4 - Think we're in for a relative unknown again. Don't know why there're rumblings about Kate Upton. 95% sure that ain't gonna happen. All I would say is that given the path that the Craig Bond films have been taking, they need a character strong enough to last until the end of the film. (i.e. who doesn't get killed or end up just as a casual acquaintance. *coughcamillecough*)
  • I hope we get some confirmations soon. For me:

#2) - main villain

#3) - locations

#4) - main Bond girl

Numbers two and four are the biggest ones. Deakins was brilliant in Skyfall, but that doesn't necessarily make me too interested in his successor. The title is another big piece of information, and the speculation on what it could mean is usually fun.
    10363628_10151834082368239_5535397992225282818_n.jpg
    10363628_10151834082368239_5535397992225282818_n.jpg

X_X :)) =)) Your talents are truely wasted my friend!