SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Interesting indeed! Thanks very much, Thunderfinger!
    (And thanks for the spoiler tags)
    I think is states 38 in one of the articles above (not that I can read Norwegian ...).

That actually sounds like a good age, I think, for a Bond girl for Craig. I mean just look at her, for Pete's sake. And she may have brains apparently, too. I say, sign her up! Hope she and Craig have some chemistry (that is rather crucial, isn't it).

I think so too, but this may actually play against her, unfortunately. it would be somewhat of a daring cast. Then again, they took risks in the recent past and they paid off.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Speaking of her being in the cast of 'Headhunters' (which she was fantastic in), I would love to see Nikolaj-Coster Waldau as a Bond villain.
    It's interesting that there are far more rumors about the secondary Bond girl than the main one. All we know about the main Bond girl is that they are probably looking for a British actress to play the part.
    She certainly looks stunning! Great to get more info on auditions! So looking forward to the official confirmations as and when they are revealed?!!!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I'm wondering if they're still using the bedroom scene from FRWL when screen-testing new actors and actresses. Does anyone know?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Speaking of her being in the cast of 'Headhunters' (which she was fantastic in), I would love to see Nikolaj-Coster Waldau as a Bond villain.

He is a bit too handsome for a Bond villain. Don't get me wring, he's a great actor, but I prefer Bond villains to look naturally rough or creepy or nasty. That said, I think many among the cast of Game of Thrones could play in a Bond movie. Many actually did.
    Apparantly, Synnøve Lund is not the only Norwegian who tested for the part. It's now confirmed that Ingrid Bolsø Berdal also tested. Danish actress Birgitte Hjort Sørensen is supposedly in the race too…

http://www.thelocal.no/20140513/headhunters-star-in-running-to-be-next-bond-girl

http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/05/13/kultur/film/bond/ingrid_bolso_berdal/synnove_macody_lund/33273791/
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    jobo wrote:
    And if so it has to be Norway! No boring Danish grass or endless, Swedish forests, but majestic, Norwegian fjords, filmed with snow during winter! That would be epic! :D

I concur. It is high time that the impressive Fjords feature in a 007 film.
    Also, Norway has an etheral, almost mythical aura about it. Would bring smth different to the franchise.
    AceHole wrote:
    Also, Norway has an etheral, almost mythical aura about it. Would bring smth different to the franchise.

I would much rather see Bond visiting Copenhagen or Stockholm than the Norwegian fjords... :-\"
    @Ludovico, that's the thing, though, they could roughen him up, and if not, it would be nice to see a Bond villain that has no discernible traits other than sheer brutality or physical abilities in fighting.
    Am I the only one who doesn't think she's attractive enough? I suppose it comes down to personal taste but she does nothing for me.
    AceHole wrote:

I would much rather see Bond visiting Copenhagen or Stockholm than the Norwegian fjords... :-\"

Denmark yes. Sweden, hell no.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Would love to see Ingrid Bolsø Berdal in a Bond film. She is a chameleon and a really great actress,.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,506
    AceHole wrote:

Really? There are tons of cool cities all over the world which Bond has either visited already, or may visit in the future. The Norwegian fjords, in contrast, would be something completely new and unique, surroundings never seen in a Bond film before…
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,506
    Would love to see Ingrid Bolsø Berdal in a Bond film. She is a chameleon and a really great actress,.

Honestly, I must admit that I don't know much about her myself… I haven't seen her in much except Fritt Vilt. But it would be another classically trained actor, which is usually a good sign.
    Am I the only one who doesn't think she's attractive enough? I suppose it comes down to personal taste but she does nothing for me.

Well she has not been cast yet, but her.beauty is adequate for a Bond girl. A bit etheral maybe, not exactly my type but far more attractive and classy than say Denise Richards.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Ludovico, that's the thing, though, they could roughen him up, and if not, it would be nice to see a Bond villain that has no discernible traits other than sheer brutality or physical abilities in fighting.

I would rather have a classical deformed villain. But he's in the right show to play in a Bond movie.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I would rather have a classical deformed villain. But he's in the right show to play in a Bond movie.

I think that's so unique about him is how creepy his voice can sound, especially when it's silent and he's whispering to a character. So dark.
    as long as Bond doesn't drive a Volvo, I'm happy with a Scandinavanian locale!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote:

Or an electric car.
    LeChiffre wrote:

Roger Moore did in The Saint.

My only reservation about Scandinavia is that it is potentially very expensive. They might only get their casting from there, for all we know it has smtg to do with the Bond girl background.
    If the locations they're using are expensive, I want to see that on screen.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's enlightening to learn casting has been underway since last year. To me, that seems very early on in a film's lifecycle but I suppose by now at least, EON must have a pretty firm grasp of who they will cast.

No wonder filming begins in October.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's enlightening to learn casting has been underway since last year. To me, that seems very early on in a film's lifecycle but I suppose by now at least, EON must have a pretty firm grasp of who they will cast.

No wonder filming begins in October.

It makes you wonder what else is confirmed that we have absolutely no clue or idea about. Roll on October.
    It really does. Sets are being built and apart from that, everything else seems to be in order.

We could learn anything next, we really could.
    I'm looking forward to the first bout of big information, such as title, DP, full cast, plot, etc. We'll definitely have all of that by September or October, I'm assuming.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,351
    It's the locations, cast, crew and stunt work we'll learn about next through the Summer but like I said, who knows how or when this will be revealed or how long it has been in the planning stages for.

They were gearing up for a release this year, so releasing a year after that must have meant a lot of the sizeable work was already completed. I'm only guessing but this seems likely to me.
    @Samuel001, true. If all of this has been in planning for some time, who knows what they have. Wouldn't it be nice if they were secretly filming all this time and a trailer was magically released? If only.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,351
    I'm more interested to learn how far they're planning ahead for the films which will follow this one. That means more than filming for this one, earlier than they should.