The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Because we have absolutely no idea...?
    I know that.:-)) It just comes across as no one being interested, that's what I was getting at. The more people that try to answer, maybe together we'll get somewhere.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Shall I just reveal? Would rather this be fun not a hinderence. Let me know Moderator. I promise I will not post another question ever again, but Never Say Never...!!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited July 2011 Posts: 642
    'Closing time James, last call'
    Monsieur Aubergine asked:

What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

Clue: You can eye her up but she'll tell you when she's had enough

Clue: One look at her and she will go nuclear!
    The Final Clue was: Once She's been involved. The major cities will fall like Domino's!

As per the history of this discussion Samuel001 kindly made way for others to ask questions whilst he had a think.. Are you ready with one Samuel001 as I think my particular question has died a death, shame because it's a real puzzler and a great bit of trivia.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Monsieur, Trevelyan to Bond in the plant at the beginning of GE.

"Now put your clothes back on, and I'll buy you an ice cream."
    Creasy47 I was alluding to the fact that I am close to closing this particular question. It has still not been answered correctly have a re read of my post and have a go at the actual question dude. lol. Sorry if my random quote misled you. The actual question is much more tasking!

But by way of acknowledging your effort in answer to your quote: For your eyes only - bond to bibi. Best of luck with your next answer...and anyone else out there??!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    'Closing time James, last call'
    Monsieur Aubergine asked:

What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

Clue: You can eye her up but she'll tell you when she's had enough

Clue: One look at her and she will go nuclear!
    The Final Clue was: Once She's been involved. The major cities will fall like Domino's!

As per the history of this discussion Samuel001 kindly made way for others to ask questions whilst he had a think.. Are you ready with one Samuel001 as I think my particular question has died a death, shame because it's a real puzzler and a great bit of trivia.

Betsy Brantly?

She was the model for Jessisica Rabbit, she starred in The Fourth Protocol (which also starred Bond #5, Pierce Brosnan) and she starred in Deep Impact.
    Ooooh so near and yet so far, but a great addition to the facts surrounding this connection. Nice work MDS. Keep trying. :-)
    Creasy47 I was alluding to the fact that I am close to closing this particular question. It has still not been answered correctly have a re read of my post and have a go at the actual question dude. lol. Sorry if my random quote misled you. The actual question is much more tasking!

But by way of acknowledging your effort in answer to your quote: For your eyes only - bond to bibi. Best of luck with your next answer...and anyone else out there??!
    My apologies!
    I'm still not getting it though would love to pick the correct answer before it's revealed.
    lol this is great to watch as it unfolds and Creasy47, please don't apologise mate. This has all been my fault! :-)
    Fair enough. :) Can't wait to see how it ends, haha.
    One week. No new answers. If any one has a question they really want to post to keep the thread going, reply to this and I will auto reveal the answer to the current question and then hand over to you. :-) look forward to hearing from you , ive been sat here for the last week with no sleep no food, just the occasional sip of water and my hygiene standards are suffering. LOL
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Come on then @Monsieur_Aubergine give us the answer - I'm dying to know - but I'll let someone else take the floor next.
    Ok, humph... lol. The question was What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

The answer: The voice artist Amy Irving who sang the sexy 'why don't you do right' for Jessica rabbit also provided the voice of the eye scanner computer in Never Say Never Again.

If you re read the clues hopefully I wasn't actually being too cryptic. That's it I'm spent, after weeks of waiting hopefully this hasn't been too much of an anti climax, it's a great bit of rare trivia, I believe.

The floor is now open..all the best. :-)
    All right, I've got one:
    What are the only two Bond movies in which Bond is shown inside his house?
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    DN and LALD
    Ok, humph... lol. The question was What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

The answer: The voice artist Amy Irving who sang the sexy 'why don't you do right' for Jessica rabbit also provided the voice of the eye scanner computer in Never Say Never Again.

If you re read the clues hopefully I wasn't actually being too cryptic. That's it I'm spent, after weeks of waiting hopefully this hasn't been too much of an anti climax, it's a great bit of rare trivia, I believe.

The floor is now open..all the best. :-)
    Wow, that's a good one alright! I'll have to remember that, just a shame it had to be Never Say Never Again as it's not official Bond.
    @PrinceKamalKhan: Absolutely correct! Over to you now.
    Thanks.

In 1970 between OHMSS and DAF, UA re-released 2 Bond films as a double feature. Which 2 were they?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FRWL and GF?
    Goldfinger and Thunderball?
    FRWL and thunderball, I've got the poster. Would love to have sat through that. :-)
    Whoops no it wasn't that was 1968. it was Dr no thunderball.
    Goldfinger and Thunderball?
    FRWL and thunderball, I've got the poster. Would love to have sat through that. :-)
    You're both half right. TB made for the 1st half of the 1970 double feature re-release. The first one to name the 2nd feature wins this round.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So is it TB and YOLT?
    Thunderball and From Russia with Love? I know that'd be reverse order, but it that correct?
    edited July 2011 Posts: 3,262
    So is it TB and YOLT?
    Gentlemen, we have a winner.

http://cdn.hometheaterforum.com/1/18/1000x500px-LL-18a2cc9a_Thunderball-YouOnlyLiveTwice.jpg

Over to you, Benny.

Edited by mod: posted image changed to a link - please do not include MGM/ Eon-copyrighted images in threads
    Concerning the actors, I can think of four connections between the Harry Potter films and the James Bond series, (EON). There may be more, that I haven't noticed.
    Can you name at least four of them, and the connection?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited July 2011 Posts: 2,630
    -Robbie Coltrane who was Valentin Zukovsky (GE & TWINE) was also Hagrid in HP.
    -Maggie Smith who plays Professor McGonagall's son is Toby Stephens who played Gustav Graves is DAD.
    -Julian Glover who played Kristatos in FYEO, voiced Aragog in Chamber of Secrets
    -John Cleese who played Q in DAD, played Nearly Headless Nick in the first two Potters.
    -Robbie Coltrane who was Valentin Zukovsky (GE & TWINE) was also Hagrid in HP.
    -Maggie Smith who plays Professor McGonagall's son is Toby Stephens who played Gustav Graves is DAD.
    -Julian Glover who played Kristatos in FYEO, voiced Aragog in Chamber of Secrets
    -John Cleese who played Q in DAD, played Nearly Headless Nick in the first two Potters.
    There you see, I was unaware that Julian Glover voiced Aragog. I'm thinking of another connection to.
    Though to be fair I did ask for a connection of four, therefore AJB007 can pose the next question if he wishes.