The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    It featured Ursula Andress and Fleming gave Bond, Sean Connery's scottish roots?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Whoops missed the fact you said IN the novel! Idiot.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    It featured Ursula Andress and Fleming gave Bond, Sean Connery's scottish roots?
    Spot on with the second one, but - to be precise - Fleming both featured Ursula Andress in the novel and also seemed to be heavily inspired by Ms Andress when it came to Tracy's appearance.

Anyhoo, most certainly close enough, AgentJamesBond007 - over to you... :)

Okay I sent @AJB007, a message he told me to open the floor as usual first come, first served..
    All right, but I have to warn you, this is not going to be an easy one:

What links James Bond to the Man in the Iron Mask?

A few clues: It has absolutely _nothing_ to do with any of the actors who appeared in any version of the story. Nothing at all. So, any answers featuring Christopher Lee will be dismissed.

Second: I have to admit that you need a good knowledge of french history to answer that one. But the link is quite big, although in Bond, it didn't appear in its rightful location.

Third, it's a link that appears in only one of the following Bond Movies: TB, MR or AVTAK.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Both Moonraker and The Man In The Iron Mask shot at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Seine-et-Marne, France?
    Indeed. In fact, some historians have long believed that Nicolas Fouquet, owner of the Vaux-Le-Vicomte castle, was The Man in the Iron Mask (which was the link I was looking for, but your answer is valid as well). But recently, it turned out that the famous prisoner had served as a valet to Fouquet when the finance minister was imprisoned for displeasing Louis XIV.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694
    What is the name of this person whom Fleming got to know quite well and who also influenced one of EON's decisions?
    Noel Coward?
    No.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Kevin McClory?
    No.
    Ernest Cuneo?
    No.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Hurry up! I have a great question!

And you can't know the answer to this current question JUST by watching the films :/
    Ivar Bryce?
    No @PPK. And this is random Bond knowledge @JWESTBROOK.
    No @PPK. And this is random Bond knowledge @JWESTBROOK.
    To be fair this thread isn't supposed to be random knowledge....as the title suggests the idea is to pose questions related to the the Bond Movies as mentioned in the first post ...so I think we have really gone off topic here
    I thought we should have a fast paced trivia quiz, the questions should all be able to be answered from just watching the films so that it will make this quiz more accessible to the newer and less Bond fixated members as well as to some of us more hardcore 007 obsessed anoraks.
    The rules are simple if you know the answer post it along with your next question (don't worry if you accidentally get it wrong, I'm sure some members will take great pleasure in quickly correcting you :) ), this should ensure that the quiz remains fairly fast paced. Right I'll kick us off with:

What was the name of the disease outbreak that Blofeld said he'd recently introduced to English livestock in OHMSS?
    How have I gone off topic @006?? I think it might be feasible to get your thinking cap on and get the correct answer before you start criticizing. My question fits this thread perfectly. It is Bond trivia, the person affected a EON decision, and it does concern the films as EON is mentioned in the trivia question. What about it doesn't fit your mesh? I should have been more clear with the 'random knowledge' quip. It is 'random' in the sense that it takes a formulated mind that was able to store that little token of information that at the time you thought was just a cool thing to know. The person may think it lost until a question concerning the information arises, and it is always at random in a trivia questionnaire. The person is then able to answer the random question easily, as long as it is stored in the brain. ;-)
    Christopher Lee? He was Fleming's cousin and he was later cast as "The Man With The Golden Gun."
    How have I gone off topic @006?? I think it might be feasible to get your thinking cap on and get the correct answer before you start criticizing. My question fits this thread perfectly. It is Bond trivia, the person affected a EON decision, and it does concern the films as EON is mentioned in the trivia question. What about it doesn't fit your mesh?
    The person affected it OUTSIDE of the movie. Just by watching the film couldn't possible let you know. Ima ask a question:

How many times, and in was films, has James Bond been shown dying.

*BONUS* How many times did he come back to life?
    If the question is too tough(it is easy as hell) I'll just say the answer. Seriously, you guys can whine. If you watched the special features for one of the films you'd know the answer to this question. THINK!!!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Is it Sean Connery?
    No. Great guess though.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 159
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 .... time to get off your high horse I think mate ...All I did was to mention that as the thread is titled this is supposed to be a Bond MOVIE Trivia quiz, while your question is certainly a good one and is Bond Trivia I don't believe it can be answered by watching the Bond movies alone, which was the whole point of this thread and is exactly how it has been working for the last 15 pages, my post wasn't meant as a cricicism was merely pointing out the topic of the thread ..........but in an attempt to stop whining as you so put it and have a guess at your question is it Roald Dahl ?
    Still haven't read the name I'm looking for.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Geoffrey Boothroyd?
    No, but brilliant guess @Samuel! You guys are getting there...
    Any more guesses? I didn't think this question would drag on so long.
  • No, I meant this one, not the guess character, that's my turn when I can think of a suitable question (are animals allowed or does it have to be an actual human being)

I was miles away with this and was even going to offer J F Kennedy as one answer. They did get to know each other is all I can offer

failing that, haven't got a clue, looks like everyone's in the dark

:-?