The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No, again.

It's not about the actual film per say, more of an unusual bit of information.
    Then what does it pertain to??

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No, again.

It's not about the actual film per say, more of an unusual bit of information.
    Then what does it pertain to??

I've just confused everyone haven't I?

It's to do with Tomorrow Never Dies of course but not it's locations, actors ect.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694
    The only Brosnan film where Michael G. Wilson didn't cameo? If by 'the rest' you mean the other Brosnan films.
  • was it the last time a female did a very credible or fine job of a Bond song title?

Is it something to do with Bond's new favorite weapon, i.e. the Walther PPK was dropped and Brosnan carried a different version, P99 I believe

Other than that I thought it had something to do with Spottiswoode but probably wrong
    How did Sheryl Crowe do a credible job @Baltimore_007?!
  • It was a tune I have no problem listening to, really good sounds and Crow is a fine musician, I much prefer that to the KD lang 'surrender' effort at the end.

After 1997 Bond theme music took a nosedive, but Chris Cornell kept heads above water with a fine 'you know my name' for Royale.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is it to do with the infamous name change from Tomorrow Never Lies to Tomorrow Never Dies? As I recall an MGM secretary who sent a memo with the wrong title to someone, or something along those lines.
    Is it to do with the infamous name change from Tomorrow Never Lies to Tomorrow Never Dies? As I recall an MGM secretary who sent a memo with the wrong title to someone, or something along those lines.
    We've addressed that it isn't. Apparently @Benny, it is a random piece of information concerning TND. :-??
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    The first Bond movie that Cubby never got to see. He died during the production of the film. Hence the loving memory note at the end?
    No one has it yet. @Benny's line of thought is the one I like best though.
    If by 'the rest' you mean the other Brosnan films.
    No, every other film. Tomorrow Never Dies is the first in the series to have this certain destination.
    It was the first and only film dedicated to Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli...
  • All I can think of is that the title is completely original, not lifted from any Fleming books, but Die Another Day did that too...

A quick browse of Wikipedia says: "It was the only Pierce Brosnan Bond film not to open at number one at the box office since it opened the same day as Titanic."?
  • It's the only one with a 15+ rating (at least on the dvd)?
    No one has it yet.

Big clue coming soon.
  • The first movie to be adapted into a book?
    No.

OK, the answer has to do with the marketing of the film. Most fans know the answer I believe...
    TND received the "Promotion of the Year" award from LIMA for its promotional program??
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    TND received the "Promotion of the Year" award from LIMA for its promotional program??
    One part of this alludes to the bigger picture with that being the answer.
    MGM regained the "Promotion of the Year" award after only one year??
    No.
    I'm on the right track though?
    No. I just really liked the word 'Promotion'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TND if the first Bond movie to be distributed only by MGM ? (and not United Artist ?)
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 44
    How about, TND was the first film to not have a Fleming title AND not use any part of any Fleming book for the story?

I know Licence to Kill was not a Fleming title, but it was largely the 2nd half of Live and Let Die (novel).

And Goldeneye was essentially Moonraker (novel).

Or have I gone wildly off the mark of the answer your looking for here? :-?
    When in doubt...cheat a little.
    *This is the first movie in film history to have its entire budget be covered in product placement campaigns. Various companies each chipped in enough in endorsements to allow for the film's $100 million budget.*
    *From Imdb*
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    When in doubt...cheat a little.
    *This is the first movie in film history to have its entire budget be covered in product placement campaigns. Various companies each chipped in enough in endorsements to allow for the film's $100 million budget.*
    *From Imdb*
    You cheat.

Over to you @Benny.

I did think though someone would know Tomorrow Never Dies' entire budget was the first to be covered by product placement but I guess not. Especially with the news of it covering one third of Bond 23's I thought it was quite topical as this had been referenced in conversation about that news. I suppose it's easy when you know the answer though...
    I'll try something relatively easy (I hope).
    What's the connection between the following:
    Brendan, Peter, Wroughton, George, Robert, Sean?

Shouldn't last too long. ;-)
  • The middle names of our loved (or maybe not) bond actors.
    That was quick. Thought it might not last long.
    Over to you Sir.
  • Okay, let's see. Which two hechmen/actors working together have previously or after worked for another bond villain?