The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

No. It only happens in one movie for each.
    Nothing? I thought that was easy, because, when I saw the John Wayne and the Batman movie, I immediately thought of Bond. Okay, a few clues:

It's quite a way to go.
    On sea for Bond, on ground for both Waynes.
    It was also used in real life.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    They all appear in their respective films PTS?
    Close enough, Saunders. Both in their films' PTSs and after their films' PTSs(since there are girls like Mademoiselle LaPorte, Marie, Ling, Bianca, Kimberly Jones, etc., who only appear in their films' PTSs). Over to you, sir.
    Andrea Anders appears in both the PTS and rest of the film in TMWTGG, no ?

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited July 2011 Posts: 987
    Is it Kim Basinger's reproductive organs? Bond used them in a submarine at sea in NSNA, Batman used them on the ground in 'Batman' and...not sure about John Wayne I've never sat through any of his films but I'm pretty sure 'Hunt For Red October' star Alec Baldwin used them in real life! :)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Is it Max von Sydow? Von Sydow was in the "The Greatest Story Ever Told" with John Wayne and in "Never Say Never Again" with Sean Connery. Can't think of a Batman connection, though.
    No. I said before, it has nothing to do with any persons or animals. It's something that Bond, John Wayne and Batman used in exactly one movie for each. Although, to be precise, John Wayne had one bad guy use it, while Bond and Batman used it with somebody else (and for Bond, of course, it was with a female).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It's the skyhook devise isn't it used for Bond in Thunderball?
    Aaaaand... We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!

Indeed, Samuel, it's the Skyhook, which was also used in John Wayne's The Green Berets, and in Batman: The Dark Knight.

Over to you!
    I'm stuck at the moment, so I'll open the floor to whoever has a good question!
    All right, but that's the last time I ask a question before answering one first.

Apart from Timothy Dalton's casting, what "First Time Ever" did The Living Daylights feature?

Hint: it's something that we see. Well, two somethings, to be precise, but at the same time.
    A cello case chase
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Breasts! Russian bird in the pipeline seduction scene and the side boobs shot it pushkins hotel room. Where's my head at?? lol
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Heads up display cross hairs on the windscreen of the Vantage, to blow up the road block? Both merge together to provide the target.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 5,772
    It's Monsieur Aubergine who got it right. Yes, Virginia Hey's breasts were the first ones shown fully, and on purpose, in a Bond movie. And in the words of another Bond girl: "They're real, and they're spectacular!"

Over to you now, Aubergine.
    Wow! Amazing how my hobby becomes so useful and gets me places.

Ok, here we go.

What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?
    edited July 2011 Posts: 642

Completely subconsciously, but we go from breasts to Jessica Rabbit!
    Hilarious. Right, get your answers in!
    Who wants a clue?
  • Not long ago Jessica Rabbit won a poll to become the 'sexiest screen siren' or something like that. Did she beat a Bond girl?
    Sorry anotherbondgeek no. Clue time!

You can eye her up but she'll tell you when she's had enough
    Come on folks, shoot some ideas this way? Plenty more clues if needed.

What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

• A Beretta?
    YES !! nicely done Itwftw ... DN and LTK are the only 2 movies in which we see Bond with a Beretta Pistol.
    In DN he is obviously made to swap it over for the legendary Walther and in LTK he uses two, 1 in the PTS he is given a 92F by Leiter when they are after Sanchez and then he uses Pams 950 Jetfire in the hotel.

Over to you
    A little late with this, but I'm glad you included the Jetfire, as the other pistol was a Taurus (a licence built Beretta) - now I just hope that the Jetfire was an original.
    Come on folks, shoot some ideas this way? Plenty more clues if needed.

Another clue, as I would hate to see the death of this thread:

One look at her and she will go nuclear!

Desperate to tell you the answer, or maybe you tell me?!

Re read, take in the clues. BTW how long do I leave this until I just reveal and handover?
    1. What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

2. You can eye her up but she'll tell you when she's had enough

3. One look at her and she will go nuclear!

Anything to do with Kathleen Turner auditioning for a part in a Bond film?
    So happy to receive an answer but I'm afraid you're wrong my friend. :-) Keep guessing!

Actually, you are on the right lines though, I can't say anymore but good line of enquiry. :-)
    The answer must be something to do with Bond going up a level as far as the films were concerned, such as You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker, hence "raising the stakes".

Let me think...
    I'm thinking it has something to do with Christmas Jones/Denise Richards. She's a nuclear scientist and snaps at Bond for trying to catch a "glimmer."
    ltwftw...you can not believe how long I have waited to read the right answer...I'm going to have to keep on waiting. Sorry matey. Samuel001 was much closer with his last but one answer.

Tell you what, to make this not turn into the most frustrating thread ever seen on Mi6, I'm going to give you another clue...

The question is: What connection does Jessica Rabbit have with Bond movies, particularly in terms of raising the stakes for 007?

Clue: Once She's been involved. The major cities will fall like Domino's!
    Did Claudine Auger do the dubbing for Jessica Rabbit in French?

By the way, why is no one else guessing?
  • Because we have absolutely no idea...?