Kingsman: The Great Game (2019)

Comments

Destroying headquarters seems incredibly lazy these days. The rest of the trailer looks good. I´m not a big fan of the first one, but I´m curious.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Matthew Vaughn confirms 'Kingsman 3' ideas are already in the works, and that we may get an extended cut of 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle':

http://collider.com/kingsman-3-matthew-vaughn/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Exciting news! :D
    Exciting news! :D

Provided the sequel is just as good (or even better) as the first one, I'm definitely in for a third one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Kingsman took me aback in the theatre. It wasn't quite what I was expecting and so I didn't know how to take it. Upon 2nd viewing I knew it was special - great creativity and style.

I'm all for a third, and it must mean they are very confident they have a winner on their hands with the second one.

It's interesting that they have a British main cast with an American villain. Sort of turns the usual approach (as per the Jaguar ad) on its head.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Matthew Vaughn confirms 'Kingsman 3' ideas are already in the works, and that we may get an extended cut of 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle':

http://collider.com/kingsman-3-matthew-vaughn/

And in other news no one really knows wtf is happening with Bond.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Kingsman took me aback in the theatre. It wasn't quite what I was expecting and so I didn't know how to take it. Upon 2nd viewing I knew it was special - great creativity and style.

I'm all for a third, and it must mean they are very confident they have a winner on their hands with the second one.

It's interesting that they have a British main cast with an American villain. Sort of turns the usual approach (as per the Jaguar ad) on its head.

I had absolutely no interest in the movie after the first couple of trailers, thought it looked terrible. Ended up giving it a random viewing once it hit DVD/blu-ray and I ended up loving it. Think I bought my own blu-ray copy immediately after I saw it.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    we may get an extended cut of 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
    Oh good I hate it when they release the full film first time round.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,471

Right? I demand my first viewing of a film be of an unfinished, soundtrack-less cut, so I can shell out more money for the complete edition later down the road.

In all seriousness, though, it's all down to accessibility and $$$ at the box office. If most films received the runtime the director loved most, they'd be around three plus hours and wouldn't get as many showings at the box office. So, they're cut and the extended cuts are saved for the blu-ray/DVD release for those interested.

Right? I demand my first viewing of a film be of an unfinished, soundtrack-less cut, so I can shell out more money for the complete edition later down the road.

In all seriousness, though, it's all down to accessibility and $$$ at the box office. If most films received the runtime the director loved most, they'd be around three plus hours and wouldn't get as many showings at the box office. So, they're cut and the extended cuts are saved for the blu-ray/DVD release for those interested.
    The problems begin when due to that procedure none of the cuts really gels.

I am seriously getting inflated with excitement like a balloon.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Nice. I like how Eggsy's working class council roots are still quite apparent in his accent despite the flashy threads. Stylish looking film.
    Harry advised him not to change his accent, after all. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So looking forward to this.
    "That's not a martini."
    "It is in Kentucky."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    How the hell is Colin Firth in this one?
    How the hell is Colin Firth in this one?
    You could consider his glasses were somewhat bulletproof but effective enough for the bullet to damage his eye somehow. Anything is possible in fiction.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690
    I literally cannot understand why anyone on these forums has problems with this aspect of Kingsman 2, when 1. we don't know the explanation (since we haven't seen the full film), and 2. GE pulled the same plot twist with Alec Trevelyan, and 22 years later there are still things about this that don't make sense. In particular the fact that if Ouromov's gun was loaded with blanks, then why was the first round a real bullet (which he used to kill that random soldier)? Because assuming no soldier had done anything stupid, 006 would have been dead on the spot as he'd have taken a live round in the face at point blank range.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I literally cannot understand why anyone on these forums has problems with this aspect of Kingsman 2, when 1. we don't know the explanation (since we haven't seen the full film), and 2. GE pulled the same plot twist with Alec Trevelyan, and 22 years later there are still things about this that don't make sense. In particular the fact that if Ouromov's gun was loaded with blanks, then why was the first round a real bullet (which he used to kill that random soldier)? Because assuming no soldier had done anything stupid, 006 would have been dead on the spot as he'd have taken a live round in the face at point blank range.

It isnt a problem as much as it is curiosity. I'm looking to see how it unfolds.
    @Last_Rat_Standing no harm done! :) I'm sure it is possible the explanation for Firth's return in Kingsman 2 will make even less sense than 006's death faking in GE.
    I've been avoiding these spoiler posts but can't stop watching the new trailer! So much flair and style in it.

Eggsy's working class roots mixed with Kingsman style is hitting the spot. I wasn't too keen on the punk in the first one, but he's growing on me fast.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Golden Circle is a 300 km route on Iceland that covers a lot of landmarks.
    iceland1.jpg
    You can drive it yourself or take a bus. You get to see geysers and the spot of the oldest parliament in the world, Thingvellir, est. 930.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so glad Colin Firth is returning. Eggsy is still a weak link for me. Channing Tatum in the picture doesn't help either but I'm going to be open about it.

#TBT to That Time Archer Met Kingsman
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Hopefully this one doesn't have as much mind-numbing violence.
    au contraire mate, some of us love a bit of mind-numbing violence.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Hopefully this one doesn't have as much mind-numbing violence.

Not sure about the film, but hopefully your wish of less mind-numbing content happens to your posts. ;)